Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the plastic bumper and added the ARB skid plates. The front ARB plate mounts right up against the factory tow rings effectively making them unusable. I’d like to use the Rough Country Tow Hook Brackets but Rough Country can’t tell me if it will fit.

Has anyone tried this combination without having to cut the skid plate?
Ford Bronco Will Rough Country tow hook brackets work with ARB skid plates 51458218-DD6F-46E4-BD9D-6B0909383604
Sponsored

zak

Big Bend
First Name
zuhir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it clash with the hoke

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't tried it, but I can say it doesn't surprise me, since neither the Capable and Modular bumper have that tow hook there.

There aren't a lot of accessories that go around the front end that work quite right with the stock plastic bumper.

The RC kit I think just turns the hook 90' so you can screw a shackle into it. If anything I think it would be worse, since it's still on center with the frame rail.

At least cutting the corner of the skid plate doesn't look like it would be too bad, or interfere with any of the mounting. Or you could cut or delete the tow hook (ford has the blank that bolts onto the frame rail that comes with the other two bumpers), but then you don't have anything up front to grab onto unless you do a bumper replacement.

OP
OP
Climber_Diver

Climber_Diver

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was able to add the Rough Country Tow Hook brackets by using a 1” bushing (brake hose) to lower the skid a little so the brackets would fit. After doing this it left a gap that just looked unfinished so I added a Rigidhorse 22 LED 1 Rw Fld/Spt Lightbar using a NiLight LED Lightbar wiring harness kit. It fits perfectly and even uses the existing nuts on the skid.

IMG_7444.jpeg
Sponsored