Sponsored

Will the square fenders eventually become standard? Or optional on regular trims?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
I'm currently torn between wanting a fully-loaded Bronco and also the retro experience. Since Ford won't offer the Heritage Limited with a manual (and it will be near impossible to score?) I can't actually configure the Bronco I want even though Ford offers everything I like in one way or another.

Assuming Ford will eventually offer a white modular hardtop and the heritage grill could be sourced from the parts department, the only missing piece for replicating the heritage look on the exterior will be the superior square fenders.

Is there any word on if these fenders will eventually replace the circular fenders throughout the lineup or will they remain exclusive to the special editions?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one has a crystal ball to definitively say one way or the other. But I surmise that the feedback on the square fenders and flares is overwhelmingly positive. For the model refresh (2025?), it would make sense to consolidate the design and subsequent parts. I expect the squared fenders/flares to be a distinguishing characteristic between 7G Broncos and 6G Broncos (special editions not withstanding).

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like both styles, rounded and squared off. No way to know what Ford is going to do, although offering both has to be slowing the production line down along with every other option. I love customization but Ford's a la carte build model feels more like a money grab and not about delivering customer's needs and wants.
And all the nickel and diming really adds up and cuts into the value because of this, more so than most vehicles at higher trim levels due to lack of packaging.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Whether they replace the rounds with the rectangular isn’t known yet. What is known it they will be available at some point for replacements in case of accidents.

Sponsored

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not just get the fenders from ADV Fiberglass?
They look more retro than anything Ford is offering, even on the heritage editions.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea, but I’m gonna guess yes. Simplified manufacturing. Less trouble to make both.

Sponsored

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t believe so many people want squared fenders if Ford would’ve put squared fenders everybody would’ve want round fenders , nobody’s happy to just leave it alone, I think it looks awesome just the way it is.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope they stay exclusive...Really the only reason I switched from base to heritage is the fenders...figure I can sell the top and wheels for the price difference...

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is something that I've spent a lot of time thinking about. I heard from someone years ago that the Bronco had gone through several redesigns at the behest of high-ups who were concerned that it looked too similar to the Wrangler, and giving it round fenders was probably part of that treatment to try and make it more visually distinct. While the Bronco comes with round fender flares, consider how many variants Ford has designed with square flares instead:
- Bronco R
- Bronco DR
- Everglades
- Heritage Edition
- Raptor
- Badlands SEMA Concept

I think someone on the design team was really pulling for it to have boxy fenders for a more retro look, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 2024 facelift has square fender flares as the standard design as well. Fears that the Bronco would be conflated for the Wrangler have long been assuaged, and it's something to make the refresh more visually distinct from its predecessor so that people know it's the new version, which is half the point of doing a mid-cycle refresh. Like the S197, I think Ford is going to double down on heritage and keep the retro aesthetic for the 2024 facelift before they start to move forward with something more futuristic, like they did with the S550.
Sponsored