Sponsored

Will the square fenders eventually become standard? Or optional on regular trims?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No one has a crystal ball to definitively say one way or the other. But I surmise that the feedback on the square fenders and flares is overwhelmingly positive. For the model refresh (2025?), it would make sense to consolidate the design and subsequent parts. I expect the squared fenders/flares to be a distinguishing characteristic between 7G Broncos and 6G Broncos (special editions not withstanding).
only among those who wish or think they bought a Jeep

Seriously the Raptor fender extensions look like crap to me. Any square wheel well with circular wheels is a design faux pas. GM does the same. Unless you plan on standing ON TOP of the fender extensions they just form a spot for mud/snow/ice to accumulate
Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
, I think Ford is going to double down on heritage and keep the retro aesthetic for the 2024 facelift before they start to move forward with something more futuristic, like they did with the S550.
I hope not, and I'm pretty sure Ford knows that they can't keep trading on the past with the Bronco.
I get why they did it, they tapped into an existing population they knew they could sell to, to help get the Bronco off the ground. Clearly they had no idea there would be this kind of demand. But that's over with, they don't need to appeal to the retro heritage crowd anymore. Ford covered that sector, time to move forward getting stuck in the past would not serve them.

As a side note, the Bronco script was cool to see on the 6G but it's over now. I prefer seeing the stickers now... oddly enough, they seem to be more rare.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I hope not, and I'm pretty sure Ford knows that they can't keep trading on the past with the Bronco.
I get why they did it, they tapped into an existing population they knew they could sell to, to help get the Bronco off the ground. Clearly they had no idea there would be this kind of demand. But that's over with, they don't need to appeal to the retro heritage crowd anymore. Ford covered that sector, time to move forward getting stuck in the past would not serve them.

As a side note, the Bronco script was cool to see on the 6G but it's over now. I prefer seeing the stickers now... oddly enough, they seem to be more rare.
Ok, the whole Bronco is a retro look, yes the square fenders a little more so and with the pending white top even a that much more.

So now that they know the Bronco will sell to the masses they can just drop the whole retro vibe? I doubt it, look at the '24 Mustang, it still has that '60s style and Shelby's are the pinnacle. Don't even get started counting how many years a Jeep has looked basically the same although updated.

If you want a non retro Bronco then you might want to join that post about the Everest.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
human nature ... we want things we can't have and once we have it, we want something else.

I can’t believe so many people want squared fenders if Ford would’ve put squared fenders everybody would’ve want round fenders , nobody’s happy to just leave it alone, I think it looks awesome just the way it is.

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why not just get the fenders from ADV Fiberglass?
They look more retro than anything Ford is offering, even on the heritage editions.
i like them but you lose coverage compared to factory - so more poke

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, the whole Bronco is a retro look, yes the square fenders a little more so and with the pending white top even a that much more.

So now that they know the Bronco will sell to the masses they can just drop the whole retro vibe? I doubt it, look at the '24 Mustang, it still has that '60s style and Shelby's are the pinnacle. Don't even get started counting how many years a Jeep has looked basically the same although updated.

If you want a non retro Bronco then you might want to join that post about the Everest.
What I was referring to or should have been more specific is the Heritage Edition, the white grill, the white top, the Ford lettering, the Bronco script and those pastel colors.... it is very dated, and I get why there are people who like that look and why people were creating their own versions, but thats not the masses and it shouldn't be Ford's vision for the line up moving forward.
As far as the rounded vs squared off fenders - I like them both but I don't associate either with a retro look.

The overall style is great, I'm betting everyone here agrees, honestly with both the Wrangler and the Bronco. But I wasn't referring to the overall body style, there is a huge difference.

Anyway, to each their own.
And for the record, you couldn't pay me to own an Everest, I don't see the appeal, looks like a generic SUV with no character.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What I was referring to or should have been more specific is the Heritage Edition, the white grill, the white top, the Ford lettering, the Bronco script and those pastel colors.... it is very dated, and I get why there are people who like that look and why people were creating their own versions, but thats not the masses and it shouldn't be Ford's vision for the line up moving forward.
As far as the rounded vs squared off fenders - I like them both but I don't associate either with a retro look.

The overall style is great, I'm betting everyone here agrees, honestly with both the Wrangler and the Bronco. But I wasn't referring to the overall body style, there is a huge difference.

Anyway, to each their own.
And for the record, you couldn't pay me to own an Everest, I don't see the appeal, looks like a generic SUV with no character.
I'm following and agree, the Heritage option will be here for a short time only but I think once the mod top is in full swing the white top option will be there for everyone to scratch that itch (I would have been happy with just that option). I'm not sure how far you go back, your join date is only a couple of months but there's been plenty of heated discussions about real Bronco's having white tops.

Yes, I'm one of those hold-outs, early second day reservation and sitting 99'd until the HE came available. I think most of us crusty white top only crew caved and went MIC, either accepting it or painting/wrapping to get what Ford should have provided from the beginning.