Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Others have this issue, and its easily repaired! My original post:

"The auto window-down feature where the window goes down just enough so I can open the door has stopped working on the driver's side. All the other ones work. This means I have to put the window down before I get out and go in the passenger side to put the window up if I leave the car locked. Anyone else have this issue?"

It turns out this is a common problem, and is easily repaired. @Ironmomof3 posted a solution, which I tried in a rest area in Georgia on my way from Jacksonville to Charleston. You can see the video below, but essentially I turned on the key, put the window down and held the switch for 5 extra seconds. Then, I put the window up and continued holding the window up button another 5 seconds. That reset the window control and all is well!

OBX
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody notice the window drop when opening the door has a lag. It was perfect before. I disconnected the battery at one point and had to reset the auto-windows. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s when the change happened but there is definitely a lag now. And the rubber can pull on the window a little when opening. Iā€™m not trying to yank the door open too quickly. Window has developed a slight rattle to it when up and the door is open.šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anybody notice the window drop when opening the door has a lag. It was perfect before. I disconnected the battery at one point and had to reset the auto-windows. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s when the change happened but there is definitely a lag now. And the rubber can pull on the window a little when opening. Iā€™m not trying to yank the door open too quickly. Window has developed a slight rattle to it when up and the door is open.šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
It may have always been that way. I pull the handle, then open the door slowly at first. Also, if you hold down the key FOB unlock button for 5 seconds, all the windows will come down, saving that issue.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybeā€¦Seems pretty slow now though. I know the function is more for sealing it when closing anyway.
It may have always been that way. I pull the handle, then open the door slowly at first. Also, if you hold down the key FOB unlock button for 5 seconds, all the windows will come down, saving that issue.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybeā€¦Seems pretty slow now though. I know the function is more for sealing it when closing anyway.
Either way, i agree, it still seems wierd and like something is broken or not working right. Others here say I'll get used to it, but on an off road vehicle? All so I can take my doors off, the one feature I don't think I'll ever use! Oh, well, each multi purpose vehicle has its quirky design features!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s bad design if the lag Iā€™m seeing is normal. The door handle is designed to be yanked. There are numerous handle design options that would promote slower door opening. Donā€™t care all that much, if it can stand the test of time, but I do have a window rattle on passenger door after two weeks of use.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Itā€™s bad design if the lag Iā€™m seeing is normal. The door handle is designed to be yanked. There are numerous handle design options that would promote slower door opening. Donā€™t care all that much if it lasts, but I do have a window rattle on passenger door after two weeks of use.
Itā€™s a horrible design and implementation. These windows are going to be a huge issue going forward.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have this issue, and its easily repaired! My original post:

"The auto window-down feature where the window goes down just enough so I can open the door has stopped working on the driver's side. All the other ones work. This means I have to put the window down before I get out and go in the passenger side to put the window up if I leave the car locked. Anyone else have this issue?"

It turns out this is a common problem, and is easily repaired. @Ironmomof3 posted a solution, which I tried in a rest area in Georgia on my way from Jacksonville to Charleston. You can see the video below, but essentially I turned on the key, put the window down and held the switch for 5 extra seconds. Then, I put the window up and continued holding the window up button another 5 seconds. That reset the window control and all is well!

OBX
Thanks for posting!
My front passenger window would roll up and then immediately come back down. But this reset did the trick. Thanks again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting!
My front passenger window would roll up and then immediately come back down. But this reset did the trick. Thanks again.
Someone told me, so I passed it on. It's happened to me twice since. And there's another cool thing you can put down your windows with your key fob by clicking twice on the unlock button and then holding it down for about 5 Seconds. You can also stop it going down by clicking again.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone told me, so I passed it on. It's happened to me twice since. And there's another cool thing you can put down your windows with your key fob by clicking twice on the unlock button and then holding it down for about 5 Seconds. You can also stop it going down by clicking again.
That trick I knew. I wish you could hit three times and have them go back up. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That truck I knew. I wish you could hit three times and have them go back up. Lol
I tried! Probably considered a safety hazzard to go up unattended!

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can do the all windows up with Forscan. I havenā€™t tried itā€¦

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thnx op.. just had my window down going through a mountain road trying to figure out why's its getting cold in the car. Window would just roll down by itself lol. šŸ˜† .. I wad like wtf is that about. Held the up button for 5 secs and it worked
Sponsored