Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power 2023 Bronco repair vs returning to dealer?

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a one week old Bronco Big Bend, manual transmission with Sasq that I'm about to have in a shop for the second time already. These same errors came up last week and the dealership replaced the battery, saying proper voltage wasn't getting to the subsystems.

Just happened to me again. Acceleration is noticeably slower when the faults show. I love this thing and WANT to keep it, but after what I've seen in this forum, do I bite the bullet and return it? I luckily have a possibility of getting almost the same build at another dealership if I do.

Edit: this happens at engine start, both times. Not mid drive. I also have the dreaded wiper issue going on where they slow down about a minute into either continuous mode.

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power 2023 Bronco repair vs returning to dealer? IMG_0151.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update: they found my "accelerator pedal assembly" needs replaced, which is on backorder with no ETA. Also they duplicated my wiper issue but say its unsafe to drive in its current condition since they stop working after a minute.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting.
Glad they figured it out.
Mine did something today that has me concerned.
While leaving a roadside parallel parking spot, I got out and it didn't want to go. Pushed the accelerator and it didn't react. As I let off the gas, it lurched forward like I was in the gas and I had to hit the brakes so as not to rear end a vehicle at a light.

First time it's happened. Over 12k on it. Drove home about 50 miles with no issues.
No warning lights.

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Before they 'concluded' they needed to replace the assembly, they called me and said they found a loose accelerator cable which they thought was the original issue. Perhaps part of your issue, I remember seeing in other threads its a thing.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before they 'concluded' they needed to replace the assembly, they called me and said they found a loose accelerator cable which they thought was the original issue. Perhaps part of your issue, I remember seeing in other threads its a thing.
Will be calling dealership in the morning to get it looked at. Thanks
Sponsored