First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add me to the ""Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power"" error list. FIVE DAYS OFF THE LOT car :mad:. 2 door 2.7 OBX. Mine won't access any 4x4 modes. At least it's only 'stuck ' in 2H.. but no lights on the GOAT controller. Heading to the dealer in the am. Will watch this thread as well :/
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbcooper

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately the actual mechanic wasn't around when I picked it up to tell me exactly what they did to fix it. As best I can tell, they just went in and reset all the DTC codes per the update(s). I noticed that my double-honk had been re-activated after I recently went into forscan and had that disabled, so this is the basis for my assumption.

I'm half worried that I actually caused the problem myself, honestly!
Have you had any issues since you picked yours up. Our 2.7 Wildtrak with 6k miles just threw same code. We were told it was a Wastegate error, but that they had updated the software tested the turbo and it was all good. We should be picking it up today. Fingers crossed....

mccurtain

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you had any issues since you picked yours up. Our 2.7 Wildtrak with 6k miles just threw same code. We were told it was a Wastegate error, but that they had updated the software tested the turbo and it was all good. We should be picking it up today. Fingers crossed....
It ended up being a problem with my software not updating. I took it to the ford dealer and they reset all the codes to default and it hasn’t had a problem since.

ZTL

Heritage
First Name
VG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I also have the same issue. Driving last week when the service light came on. Took it back to the dealership the next day. The dealership said it was the Wastegate and they told me there was no ETA on the part. Hard to believe a vehicle with 6,000 miles could have such a significant issue and literally no eta on the part to fix it.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Read the owners manual in the glovebox ,oh shoot nevermind

Sponsored

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add my '23 Badlands SAS to the list... Last night was the second time this message came up. First was at 6,100 miles, Dealer had it for 6 days, re-flashed "something" and issue went away until last night just shy of 11k miles.

Dealer can't even look at it until 4/9/24 and have no loaner vehicles available until May!?!?

Coincidentally, both times happened while driving in the rain. Not sure if related???

SOOO Frustrating!!! :mad:

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I just recalled seeing a update on 4/1/24. I wonder if this un-did the previous fix???

"Minor adjustments to help you enjoy the journey ahead."

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power 4-1-24

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add my '23 Badlands SAS to the list... Last night was the second time this message came up. First was at 6,100 miles, Dealer had it for 6 days, re-flashed "something" and issue went away until last night just shy of 11k miles.

Dealer can't even look at it until 4/9/24 and have no loaner vehicles available until May!?!?

Coincidentally, both times happened while driving in the rain. Not sure if related???

SOOO Frustrating!!! :mad:
Send me your VIN in a PM and I'll pull up the data on PTS and see if I can give you some kind of answer.

Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, I just recalled seeing a update on 4/1/24. I wonder if this un-did the previous fix???

"Minor adjustments to help you enjoy the journey ahead."

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power 4-1-24
April Fools!

Lotus Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jokester, even I can't find the humor in this ongoing ordeal...

SamuelN

Black Diamond
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This also just popped up on our Bronco.

First the power malfunction, we parked it turned it off. An hour later came back to check it again and the second error popped up.

Interesting how these started popping up more frequently these past couple of days.

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2646.jpeg