First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just brought home my 2024 Big Bend 7M with the 2.3 liter turbo 4 banger. Less than 200 miles on the rig and it’s already throwing codes telling me to get to the dealership for a check engine light issue. Very disappointed to have problems arise this soon. Going to dealership tomorrow for the second time. First time they just seemed to reset the system but the codes came back within two days. Having owned dozens of vehicles in my lifetime including Ford and GM products this really chaps my rear end. Anyone else having such issues and anyone getting any positive results with a fix? Thanks.
Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Almost exact same thing happened to me. Just under 200 miles on Bronco (driving home from buying it at dealership) and it died driving down the highway. Was able to get it restarted eventually and limped it home. Trying to drive it anywhere and it would just die. Sometimes a mile down the road and sometimes 10 miles. Ford told service dealer it was bad battery junction box but that didnt fix it. Needed a new PCM. Took around 30 days to get it with me calling Ford Customer Service nearly every 2 to 3 days.

Lots of helpful tips of things to check on here if you search for stalls, shutting off, etc. One primary one is confirming the bolts are tightened in the fuse block under the hood. The fuel pump relay/module and a bunch of other modules on the battery junction box mounted to underside of fuse box controls a lot.

I would suggest calling and opening a case with Ford Customer Service and explain you are unhappy that it appears your vehicle isn't getting fixed and unhappy with lackluster service attempts at repairing it. To get mine fixed, I had to start contacting Ford's Vehicle Reacquired Dept. letting them know they could purchase it back. They finally pulled a PCM from the assembly line and next day delivered it to my service dealership.

OP
OP

Cherry Bomb

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just dropped Bronco off at dealership hoping for the best. Service rep said I wasn’t even on the books although I showed him I called a week ago in my recent calls and was told bring it in today. Then I was asked if I bought it there even though I left the decal and license plate frame on the rear of the vehicle. I advised yes I bought it here a month ago and it has 200 miles mostly from driving back and forth to the dealership for service engine light issues already. Thank you for the information if I don’t get any positive results from this visit I’ll call corporate and start an incident. Very sad because I absolutely love the vehicle and really just want to drive it and enjoy having the tops off!

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems logical and easy to jump to the electronics and sensors for this type of problem, but it could be mechanical. When I took delivery of my new Focus ST (2.0 EcoBoost), less than 500 miles later it lost power, dash lit up and I was in limp home mode. It would start but barely move. After several days the Ford dealer diagnosed a leaky intake manifold causing a lean condition. The dealer replaced the defective factory manifold with a factory replacement and all has been well for 7 years and 75k miles.

Tsassy

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cherry Bomb. I have a 2022 and from almost new it would intermittently have a hesitation, light would come on, and my turbo would be reduced to 5 psi or less. Usually happened at 70mph or more when the motor became strained going up a hill. Especially did it when pulling my light tear drop camper at speed. Could pull over, restart, and it would be normal, but would usually occur again if same parameters met. Took to dealership multiple times, even with the camper, and they would think fixed and would reoccur. Finally appears it is fixed as I took the camper to the mountains in Tennessee recently and had no issues. Have attached the dealer work sheet showing codes and what they replaced. Good luck.

IMG_0859.jpeg

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just dropped Bronco off at dealership hoping for the best. Service rep said I wasn’t even on the books although I showed him I called a week ago in my recent calls and was told bring it in today. Then I was asked if I bought it there even though I left the decal and license plate frame on the rear of the vehicle. I advised yes I bought it here a month ago and it has 200 miles mostly from driving back and forth to the dealership for service engine light issues already. Thank you for the information if I don’t get any positive results from this visit I’ll call corporate and start an incident. Very sad because I absolutely love the vehicle and really just want to drive it and enjoy having the tops off!
I bought mine roughly 3 hours from where I live. It was a special order but a retail sale. Had 40 miles when I test drove it. Took it to my local dealer for repair. I would start a Customer Service case right away. If the repair process is extended then at least the case is close to matching the repair time frame. Also you get where you need with Customer Service a lot faster with a case number as you will not likely talk to the same representative each time unless you get their direct number.

OP
OP

Cherry Bomb

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE: so I was told it was a clutch module/sensor per the codes flashing. New part comes in this Wednesday. I’m keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 so we shall see.

OP
OP

Cherry Bomb

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE: service tech called me and advised my issue was resolved and was a result of poor assembly at the manufacturing plant. They found the clutch master cylinder pushrod position sensor was zip tied onto the master cylinder assembly and that connector was broken and had been forcefully installed into the master cylinder assembly. This in turn caused one pin on the connector to be stuck inside the master cylinder and two pins were actually pushed out and not making contact. New clutch master cylinder and pigtail connector installed. PCM reset and trouble lights are out. Honestly I was very pleased with the dealership service crew making a diagnosis and replacing said parts in a timely manner. I even told them I have no qualms with them because they are just fixing problems that are out of their control from the Ford plant. Bronco runs good and clutch feels right. Hoping that’s all it was. A little disappointed that the issue was a result of poor manufacturing at the factory. When I buy something new and spend hard earned money I expect a little more. When I buy something used and don’t have the whole history on it issues are to be expected. Thanks to everyone for their input. Much appreciated.
Sponsored