Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update. The first time it happened they cleared codes, test drove and said it was all good to go. The second time it happened, they did bulletin ssm 50148, cleared codes but found a code they couldn't clear. The dealer has a case number with Ford about the code they can't clear. I now have another issue. A grinding noise when started on cold days. I have reported both issues with Ford and have a case number and a Ford service person assigned to me. It has now been almost a week and nothing is being done. Time to call my service rep.
I havent had that issue and weve had some very cold days, -25 - -30 celsius (about -15F). My problem seems to be mainly electrical
Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I havent had that issue and weve had some very cold days, -25 - -30 celsius (about -15F). My problem seems to be mainly electrical
Keep listening. There is another, long thread just starting on the noise issue.

Gary Graham

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On my way into work this morning and all of a sudden thud, low power and shifting was weird. Had the car running 10 minutes before I leave every morning to warm up because of how cold it’s been. Got into work and won’t go into reverse. Any other people have this issue?? Have the 2.7

5D307FC2-827E-4E08-96D0-673C8E09DC30.jpeg

ED5C8610-DD8F-41F0-BC49-EB9D9EF971E8.png
My wife just had the same think happen this morning on our new Bronco sport Big Bend with only 3k miles on it.

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got my Black Diamond Bronco yesterday (2022 first batch, 2.3 , automatic transmission). The powertrain warning light came on during my drive home at 60.6 miles on the odometer. The vehicle did not behave differently, no lurching, noise or anything. I take it back to the dealer next week for service. Thank you for all the above posts as they are very helpful.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got my Black Diamond Bronco yesterday (2022 first batch, 2.3 , automatic transmission). The powertrain warning light came on during my drive home at 60.6 miles on the odometer. The vehicle did not behave differently, no lurching, noise or anything. I take it back to the dealer next week for service. Thank you for all the above posts as they are very helpful.
Might be a long shot, but look underneath with your drive line and make sure the wires are actually clipped and not touching. At 60 miles, it's possible that the wires were rubbing and got cut through.

Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be a long shot, but look underneath with your drive line and make sure the wires are actually clipped and not touching. At 60 miles, it's possible that the wires were rubbing and got cut through.
Thank you! I will check it out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! I will check it out.
I'll cross my fingers. There have been two general (an easy fixes) for some of the electrical gremlins.

1) that wire harness and I mentioned that sits right above the drive line/joints that is not always secured properly and will dangle down to where the drive line can rub through it.

2) the fuse box has a few bolts that many people have found loose and it causes inconsistent grounding issues.

If it's not one of those two things, the dealer's probably going to have to diagnose.

Good luck

Last edited:

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll cross my fingers. There have been two general (an easy fixes) for some of the electrical gremlins.

1) that wire harness and I mentioned that sits right above the drive line/joints that is not always secured properly and will dangle down to where the drive line can rub through it.

2) diffuse box has a few bolts that many people have found loose and it causes inconsistent grounding issues.

If it's not one of those two things, the dealer's probably going to have to diagnose.

Good luck
Thank you! I am continuing to check what I can on the vehicle while I wait to take it in on Thursday. With appreciation, Debbie

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
following..

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife had the same error pop up on 3/13 (forced it into 4H while she was sitting at a light) and 3/15 (forced it into 4A while driving 30mph). Both times, she couldn't switch it into 2H and after she pulled off the road and shut the bronco off and back on, the message cleared. Found a few DTCs stored in the computer even though the DTC on the dash wasn't lit up. No issue with the harness below the tub.

Dealership called today and stated transfer case control module is faulty, Ford will not release the bronco to my wife as its unsafe (which is fine I wouldn't want it stranding my wife anyways) while waiting for the part. They put an urgent/rush request on the part and hope to have it by Monday, so we'll see.

What sucks, is she'll now need to drive my giant lifted f150 around town for work and unable to pull into parking garages around here, forcing her to parallel park which should be comical, not to mention she's never driven my truck in winter snowy weather. Guess I'm forced to work from home for the time being while waiting for her Bronco to be fixed since the dealership has never offered a loaner in the 3yrs Ive been going there for my f150 and now the Bronco.

Sponsored

Dcook

Badlands
First Name
Davon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer fixed it that day. They only had it for 2 hours. It is a known issue, under the passenger footwell there is a connection peice that is known to be put on wrong. Running great since that
Do you have any more info on that? Where exactly this connection is?