First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haven’t even had my Bronco 24 hours and I get this…I guess it’s better than my last Bronco which was 6 days old and had the entire wheel fly off while I was on the interstate.

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_1681
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven’t even had my Bronco 24 hours and I get this…I guess it’s better than my last Bronco which had the entire wheel fly off after 6 days

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_1681
Mine did the same thing about 10 days ago, it’s at my dealership now. No word from them yet. There’s a couple of other threads about this on here just fyi. I’ve had my bronco 3 months and have around 4k miles. I feel your pain, this really sucks to be dealing with this on a new vehicle.
Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_4482

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Popped around to a few other threads that mention the same issue. For better or worse noone seemed to close the loop on a resolution but nearly all of them are 2.7 or wildtrak trims.

Sorry for the bad luck with the Broncos.

OP
OP
macmc138

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate it buddy…when I tell people that I have bought 2 so far and have driven them less than a week combined, people are either shocked or tell me I should have known better. Unfortunately, I am beginning to side with the latter…

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I appreciate it buddy…when I tell people that I have bought 2 so far and have driven them less than a week combined, people are either shocked or tell me I should have known better. Unfortunately, I am beginning to side with the later…
Is yours at the dealership now? Have they said what they think it is? Mine is at the dealership since Monday and still don’t know anything yet.

OP
OP
macmc138

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is yours at the dealership now? Have they said what they think it is? Mine is at the dealership since Monday and still don’t know anything yet.
Yeah, I left messages with the repair department today and never got a call back. Maybe I will hear something tomorrow but given that it sat on the lot for a week before they got around to letting me pick it up, I’m not holding my breath.

The good news is that my warranty covers $35 per day for a maximum of 10 days for rental car reimbursement…woohoo!!

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, my bronco has been sitting in the same spot since Monday. I’ll post when I hear something.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haven’t even had my Bronco 24 hours and I get this…I guess it’s better than my last Bronco which was 6 days old and had the entire wheel fly off while I was on the interstate.

Ford Bronco Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_4482
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
macmc138

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Done. I already had a message going back and forth with y’all from when the previous Bronco failed so I just responded to that.

Sponsored

mccurtain

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey folks, just wanted to comment that I had this same issue and warning, and it actually kept kicking into limp mode. I also had a “pre-collision assist failure”. I took it to the dealership this morning, and they called me a few hours later saying that the issue was not physical, but due to software updates not happening.

I just picked it up, so I’ll report back if the issue happens again.

kmdelmonte

Big Bend
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey folks, just wanted to comment that I had this same issue and warning, and it actually kept kicking into limp mode. I also had a “pre-collision assist failure”. I took it to the dealership this morning, and they called me a few hours later saying that the issue was not physical, but due to software updates not happening.

I just had this happen to me on way home today? You were told it was software? I hope that’s only it. Seeing your posted calmed me down a bit. I still have plenty of power in the bronco.

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Hello. So did they preform the system update themselves? What did that include? Thanks

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Done. I already had a message going back and forth with y’all from when the previous Bronco failed so I just responded to that.
Hey man. Any updates on your bronco? Mine is still sitting at the dealer (going on 9 days) and hasn’t been touched.

• Sad
Reactions: DKG

mccurtain

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello. So did they preform the system update themselves? What did that include? Thanks
Unfortunately the actual mechanic wasn't around when I picked it up to tell me exactly what they did to fix it. As best I can tell, they just went in and reset all the DTC codes per the update(s). I noticed that my double-honk had been re-activated after I recently went into forscan and had that disabled, so this is the basis for my assumption.

I'm half worried that I actually caused the problem myself, honestly!
Sponsored