First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a 2023 Wildtrak that currently has capable bumper and factory fogs. We are swapping to a Modular bumper and have purchased the RC Foglights that have 3 Square LED's per side (6 total). I want to wire them into the factory Foglight switch. Can that switch handle that many lights? For the DRL's, I plan to wire them into an AUX switch.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't recommend it. For one, that's 6 lights on the factory switch. It may not handle it. Two, there is no factory switch so youl'l need to buy the factory switch and do programming to make it work. Third, it's not street legal. In fact, the RC "fogs" are not actually SAE rated fogs. They are just off-road lights. You can't run them legally on public roads. Not one pair, 2 pair and certainly not 3 pairs. 4, the harness they give uses weird connectors. So nothing fits them. you'd have to cut the wires and splice something in.

The local shop that we use for lift kits had a bronco in his shop and was installing a RC kit. He hated the wiring. I took a quick look and yeah, can't blame him for hating the wiring. Looked like a bit of a mess.

So you're honestly going to have to cut wires and splice some things in, it won't be clean.

OP
OP

EGBUCKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't recommend it. For one, that's 6 lights on the factory switch. It may not handle it. Two, there is no factory switch so youl'l need to buy the factory switch and do programming to make it work. Third, it's not street legal. In fact, the RC "fogs" are not actually SAE rated fogs. They are just off-road lights. You can't run them legally on public roads. Not one pair, 2 pair and certainly not 3 pairs. 4, the harness they give uses weird connectors. So nothing fits them. you'd have to cut the wires and splice something in.

The local shop that we use for lift kits had a bronco in his shop and was installing a RC kit. He hated the wiring. I took a quick look and yeah, can't blame him for hating the wiring. Looked like a bit of a mess.

So you're honestly going to have to cut wires and splice some things in, it won't be clean.

Thank you for that feedback but our Bronco does have the factory fog light switch, harness, and programming, otherwise the factory fogs would not be working. Doing some further research I think I can do 2 of the 6 on the factory fog switch harness and the other 4 on one of the AUX toggle switches.

I understand there are better options out there but $1000 fog lights are not in our budget at the moment. Splicing the RC wires does not both me too much and I will see if I can find a factory connector so I do not have to cut the factory harness.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for that feedback but our Bronco does have the factory fog light switch, harness, and programming, otherwise the factory fogs would not be working. Doing some further research I think I can do 2 of the 6 on the factory fog switch harness and the other 4 on one of the AUX toggle switches.

I understand there are better options out there but $1000 fog lights are not in our budget at the moment. Splicing the RC wires does not both me too much and I will see if I can find a factory connector so I do not have to cut the factory harness.
Sorry I didn't read completely, you switched to a Modular so yeah you'll have a fog switch.

I get you didn't want to pay a lot, but I like to educate people that sometimes spending a little $$ isn't the best option. Please only use those lights off-road as they are NOT designed to be used on public roads with other drivers. Neither Rough Country nor Oracle fog kits are street legal and are just "lights". They just throw light out there and are not aimed properly for fog light use.

With that said, you'll have to cut some wires. We make pigtails you can buy and just cut the wire off and splice in your lights, but again it's NOT street legal and we can't recommend you do that. You're controlling off-road lights from a fog switch and it's not going to work as intended (you'll blind other drivers with the pattern scattering light).
Sponsored