David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you end up making it? I was pretty amazed by the turnout! I got some gopro vids, but I still gotta learn how to edit them. Once I do I will get them on Youtube and link here.
My wife and I were there in our Black Diamond. Although I have some experience driving off-road, I elected to go with the green group as I was the only guy on 32" tires and didn't want to hold up more experienced people with lots more ground clearance. As it turns out through careful wheel placement and the help of the excellent spotters we made it everywhere except one obstacle (that a lot of people bypassed). It was a short hill climb followed by a stop and a turn. After the second high-center I skipped it. Had I carried enough momentum to get over the crest I might have dangerously overshot the turn.

Ford Bronco Wisconsin Roll Call IMG_1320

(I always thought my first major mod would be an M210 front locker. It will now likely be Bilstein 5100's set for about 1" of lift. That would have been enough to conquer that obstacle. I put a lot of highway miles on and don't want the drawbacks to road performance a big lift or 35's would bring. Eventually I will run 33's in the summer and dedicated winter 32' for the winter -- I need to go to Manitoba several times per year.)

The skid plates held up excellently and were used. The General Grabbers are just excellent. Too bad they don't come in 33's. As an aside, DV8 claims there front license plate bracket doesn't interfere off-road. It doesn't. But off-road sure interfered with the bracket. (See picture.) I forgot to take it off when we were airing down.

Ford Bronco Wisconsin Roll Call IMG_1319

I had picked up a MORRFLATE two tire kit and portable compressor. It made easy work of airing down and re-inflating. Great piece of kit.
Sponsored

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I were there in our Black Diamond. Although I have some experience driving off-road, I elected to go with the green group as I was the only guy on 32" tires and didn't want to hold up more experienced people with lots more ground clearance. As it turns out through careful wheel placement and the help of the excellent spotters we made it everywhere except one obstacle (that a lot of people bypassed). It was a short hill climb followed by a stop and a turn. After the second high-center I skipped it. Had I carried enough momentum to get over the crest I might have dangerously overshot the turn.

(I always thought my first major mod would be an M210 front locker. It will now likely be Bilstein 5100's set for about 1" of lift. That would have been enough to conquer that obstacle. I put a lot of highway miles on and don't want the drawbacks to road performance a big lift or 35's would bring. Eventually I will run 33's in the summer and dedicated winter 32' for the winter -- I need to go to Manitoba several times per year.)

The skid plates held up excellently and were used. The General Grabbers are just excellent. Too bad they don't come in 33's. As an aside, DV8 claims there front license plate bracket doesn't interfere off-road. It doesn't. But off-road sure interfered with the bracket. (See picture.) I forgot to take it off when we were airing down.

I had picked up a MORRFLATE two tire kit and portable compressor. It made easy work of airing down and re-inflating. Great piece of kit.
Yeah man. I was in your group. I didn’t do the sand climb where you had to reverse at the top and go left , and then we climbed it all the way up anyway … the other one took me 3x to climb up as I didn’t keep momentum & was more worried about the 3 wheel tip to the left once you made it up …
And you reminded me just now , I need some quick deflators to screw onto the valvestems… compressor will come soon after ….

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah man. I was in your group. I didn’t do the sand climb where you had to reverse at the top and go left , and then we climbed it all the way up anyway … the other one took me 3x to climb up as I didn’t keep momentum & was more worried about the 3 wheel tip to the left once you made it up …
And you reminded me just now , I need some quick deflators to screw onto the valvestems… compressor will come soon after ….
These are the guys: https://morrflate.com/

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The raptors did almost nothing. They did the sand stairway, then that twisty hill after that, the white one had to be pulled. The rest turned around except the red 2dr, she did it, but needed to be strapped also (i thought she woulda cleared, but I guess it's a dealer's used car...so). I got through it, and a 4dr squatch got through it clean (AMB one, guy from MI). I really wana do the Silver Lake Dunes event! Don't know if I can get away yet, but I'm gonna try clearing the decks! Might have my other BL back by then too. You gonna ride lake express over?
I never thought about the ferry … I was just looking at the tolls and 5 1/2 hour drive. 😂… I wanted to sign up for the event but idk if I’ll have that weekend off or not until it’s that week …. And I need a flag set up , etc …

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F
I never thought about the ferry … I was just looking at the tolls and 5 1/2 hour drive. 😂… I wanted to sign up for the event but idk if I’ll have that weekend off or not until it’s that week …. And I need a flag set up , etc …
Lake express isn't cheap, but it's an awesome way to get to the dunes...lets out 45min south of there I think

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything coming up in August or September

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys talking about this one?

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You guys talking about this one?

I was talking about the one all the way to the left, it was short & tippy before back down and left ….. and it was to the left of this one in picture, where we climbed to the top, did a loop to some more stuff , and then back out and down same way we went up …

GPTempDownload.jpeg

GPTempDownload.jpeg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was talking about the one all the way to the left, it was short & tippy before back down and left ….. and it was to the left of this one in picture, where we climbed to the top, did a loop to some more stuff , and then back out and down same way we went up …

Ford Bronco Wisconsin Roll Call GPTempDownload

Ford Bronco Wisconsin Roll Call GPTempDownload
We did that too, didn't notice there was another way on the left. Was hoping we would come back and do them again. Would like to go back there w/a smaller group and more time!

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anything coming up in August or September
Silver lake dunes is early august , there was a sign up already for bronco takeover package
We did that too, didn't notice there was another way on the left. Was hoping we would come back and do them again. Would like to go back there w/a smaller group and more time!

cool that you had the go pro outside the truck. I forgot a piece for my suction cup .. I had to rig something off the rear view mirror w my bendy hand tripod thing … couldn’t really run my drone either with just me & too many trees for follow mode to work correctly

Sponsored

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder how the raptors did out there. I went through a few spots where I had to squeeze the mirrors in between trees. One spot where it declined & was slick , and had to stop and use steering to walk the front end across the trail to miss trees … once again, the spotters were awesome …..so much fun …. I know there is an event coming up at silver lake dunes , MI… and then at this place in tomah again in sept ….
We are working on a full recap video on our YouTube channel. We will for sure post it here once it's done. The trails got very tight for the Raptors.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went ahead and booked a room, and got Lake express tickets for this weekend for the Silver Lake Sand Dunes event. I haven't registered for the event and also have to get MI ORV stickers (assuming I can do that near the dunes). Anybody else goin?

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone - I've got a bunch of parts for sale in Milwaukee, figured I'd mention it here for the locals. I travel a bit for work so I'm occasionally in other parts of the state as well.

I'm happy to make a deal, just make an offer (for example, you can have the cargo mats for free if you buy anything else).

- Exterior (steps, mesh top, etc)
- Interior (IAG Top assist, cargo cover, molle panels, mats)
- Wheels (Fifteen52s for cheap)
- Towing (Ford/Redarc Trailer Brake Controller)
- A/V and Electronics (DiodeDynamics fog/driving lights, pre-wired ditch lights, more)

Also, not listed yet are:
- BJD soft top window bag
- RokBlokz mudflaps (set of 4)
- OE Ford tailgate table ($50?)
Sponsored