WSJ love letter to the hybrid F-150

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope you can access this. The Wall Street Journal just wrote an absolute love letter of a review for the new hybrid F-150. It has electric generator technology that would be gonzo great for the overlanding world.

Ahem! 2022? 2023? I had zero interest in a hybrid design until I read this review.

they do, however, criticize the A10 transmission for some clunky shifting, suggesting its fixable via a software update

WSJ reviews hybrid F-150
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The people who complain about the clunky shifting crack me up, but no surprise they "love" it. I'll wait for real world testing and results to come out from people who don't have a vested interest in the tech boom stocks, etc.

I will be reading this, though, so thanks to you no knock on bringing it up at all. I'm curious about the battery bank thing too.

Edit: Extremely political article with a bunch of speculation that I have come to expect from him.

Last edited:

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pondering one myself...will require some diligent $$$-saving after paying for my Bronco...

EDIT - Read the article...he do luv up that truck, don't he? ?
I too want to see a full and proper test, on- and off-road, of this one.

Last edited:

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you can access this. The Wall Street Journal just wrote an absolute love letter of a review for the new hybrid F-150. It has electric generator technology that would be gonzo great for the overlanding world.

Ahem! 2022? 2023? I had zero interest in a hybrid design until I read this review.

they do, however, criticize the A10 transmission for some clunky shifting, suggesting its fixable via a software update

WSJ reviews hybrid F-150
I love Dan Neil. I wait for his articles every Saturday. I usually wait to read it with a hot coffee early Saturday after that strange thing called a newspaper arrives! Go find his article about the Defender from a few weeks ago. I was rolling on the floor.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plug in would not work up here, (Appalachians) but a hybrid would. I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want this in a Bronco now!

(please)

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want this in a Bronco now!

(please)
Keep an eye peeled for a PowerBoost Bronco - keep yer Warthog, I'll take one of these.
Sponsored