First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been very appreciative of all the Test Drive threads being posted so I figured I would add mine to the pile.

First, a little context:
- I currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road, 3" lift w/ 37's.
- I'm a bigger guy 5'11" 250lbs.
- The test drive vehicle was a 4-door WildTrak / Cyber Orange / Soft Top / Sasquatch / Leather Seats / High Package / "Tube" steps
- Only got to drive it for about 30 min as there were a couple of other folks waiting for test drives as well.

First, I have to say, that I got very lucky because this Bronco is pretty much my same build (Different Color, I ordered the LUX package.) So I basically got to drive what I ordered. Unfortunately, since I had so little time on the test drive, I wasn't able to go through everything and I wasn't able to get any pictures because as soon as I was done, another couple jumped in and took off!

- Color: The Cyber Orange was nicer in person than the pictures. Still not my cup of tea but it does command attention.

- Interior: I do understand where some are saying it has a plastic / cheap-ish look to it. It doesn't stand out to me as a negative, I think it's inline with the intent of the vehicle. The 12" screen is impressive and definitely the center of attention. Touchscreen was responsive and the camera views on the screen were quite impressive. The leather was very nice, I love the colors. The seats were very comfortable to sit in. The electric seat adjustment is something I sorely missed in the Tacoma. With me driving, my wife (5' 4") sat in the back seat (behind me) and said while there wasn't a ton of room, it was comfortable. No headroom issues with the soft top. The salesman with us was probably 6'1" / 6'2" and he was very comfortable in the passenger seat. Compared to a larger truck or SUV, I do see how the interior could feel a bit narrow but for 3 adults, I can't say we felt claustrophobic.

- Ride: Coming from my Tacoma it is night and day. The 2.7 is awesome, the pedal response is impressive. It drives smoothly and I felt like I was going slower than I really was. At one point, I was going 60 in a 45 and I wasn't even aware, thankfully neither was the salesman! :) We were able to take it on to some dirt roads with a bit of washboard. Again, smooth and powerful and wanting more. We did try out the turn assist which is just a cool feature. It does make a lot of weird noises and if you aren't used to it could sound like you are breaking it.

- Soft Top: Nope. Personally, I have never liked them and will wait for the MIC, problems and all. The cabin noise is noticeable but nothing compared to the tire drone noise in my Tacoma. I was able to carry on a normal conversation with the salesperson and my wife with no issue. How this would translate at higher speeds? I don't know as we weren't able to get it on the highway. Aesthetically, the soft top doesn't look awful on the vehicle at all.

- Stereo: I'm a dumbass and forgot to try it. Nothing to report.

- Assorted: The tube steps were nice but I'm waiting to see what the aftermarket has to offer. This test drive vehicle had the Wildtrak Bodyside Graphics installed. Kind of silly and doesn't add anything to the aesthetics .

Summary: I wanted to wait to covert my reservation to an order until I had the opportunity to do a test drive. Today, I proceeded to submit the order immediately after the test drive because I felt that the Bronco exceeded my expectations. I still have time before my commitment is locked in but it would take a lot for me to cancel at this point.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What dealership has the Bronco? I have a Wildtrak on order and would love to test drive one.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 6ft 3 about 200lbs and sat in the back of a Badlands and had plenty of room in the 4 door. The drivers seat is very comfortable and lots of leg room. Driving I noticed the front end is narrower and like the look. Cyber orange looks great and my favorite color. Hope they don’t discontinue that color by the time I get mine.
Sponsored