swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finished. Props to Motor City Auto Spa. If you live in the Detroit region these guys are awesome.
Looks fantastic. Stealth really gives something unique to white. I'd never buy a white vehicle but this is muy muy bueno.

I might (hope to) have Braptor wrap needs near Detroit. I guess this was your carefully selected top choice vendor? Did they do much disassembly? Full custom with all edges wrapped? Flares and rear door? Finally, most importantly price? Cheers!

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks good. I also went OW with my brap and have been debating on stealth wrapping. It reminds me of the oxidized white single stage paint on my old FJ, which I liked.

Thank you for sharing

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks fantastic. Stealth really gives something unique to white. I'd never buy a white vehicle but this is muy muy bueno.

I might (hope to) have Braptor wrap needs near Detroit. I guess this was your carefully selected top choice vendor? Did they do much disassembly? Full custom with all edges wrapped? Flares and rear door? Finally, most importantly price? Cheers!
Thank you! I love it! And Yes, very thorough, with film up under rubber gaskets as applicable, around door edges, and tucked under hardtop (lifted it). The flares are done. I had another Expel dealer/installer checking it out at a “cars n coffee” today, and he was very impressed with their work. They gave me front entry parking even though I was an hour late to event. The Raptor is rare enough to draw a lot of attention on its own. But all the talk was about the stealth film. Seriously- so many questions. Yes, I researched it very carefully and have a few friends with multiple vehicles that are wrapped with Motor City as well. They do tint, ceramic, the works. And then my prior personal experience, I wrapped my C8 Vette with him as well. He worked on Raptor at opening Monday, and was ready at 1:00 on Thur. Great crew there. The price was Mid-$5k - but was my second car. I may have had a little discount for my repeat business. But they have a rep for fairest pricing. https://maps.apple.com/?address=4325 Delemere Blvd, Royal Oak, MI 48073, United States&auid=1769244464366983680&ll=42.527702,-83.177199&lsp=9902&q=Motor City Auto Spa&t=m

https://motorcityautospa.com/
Ford Bronco XPEL Stealth PPF Wrap Completed on Bronco Raptor in Oxford White IMG_1227

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good. I also went OW with my brap and have been debating on stealth wrapping. It reminds me of the oxidized white single stage paint on my old FJ, which I liked. BMW has a color called “frozen white”, and it looks just like that. It really gets a lot of attention at a cars and coffee.

Thank you for sharing
You’re welcome! Photos don’t do it justice. Something about the way the contours stand out with the matte finish is really cool that photos don’t seem to show as well.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep going back and forth on PPF. It's because the cost is so high and the reviews seem to be all over. Most good reviews. But there are a good amount claiming that if you are offloading, the PPF behind the tires (where dirt flings up on the doors) will rip up. And once that happens you have no choice but to re-apply the PFF on those doors. Ehhhh. Decisions decisions. So I am still debating...either get proper mud flaps or do PPF. PPF looks better and likely will provide enough protection...but if one rock chip makes its way through, from the tires flinging up rocks while offloading, which people have shown on YouTube does happen after putting on PPF, well you now have to repair a $5k PPF job. It basically becomes continues maintenance. I could be thinking about it wrong. idk. But stealth PPF does for sure look AMAZING!!!

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I keep going back and forth on PPF. It's because the cost is so high and the reviews seem to be all over. Most good reviews. But there are a good amount claiming that if you are offloading, the PPF behind the tires (where dirt flings up on the doors) will rip up. And once that happens you have no choice but to re-apply the PFF on those doors. Ehhhh. Decisions decisions. So I am still debating...either get proper mud flaps or do PPF. PPF looks better and likely will provide enough protection...but if one rock chip makes its way through, from the tires flinging up rocks while offloading, which people have shown on YouTube does happen after putting on PPF, well you now have to repair a $5k PPF job. It basically becomes continues maintenance. I could be thinking about it wrong. idk. But stealth PPF does for sure look AMAZING!!!
Thanks! I think its benefit is that you can maintain it at least, and replace if needed. What ever makes PPF not look great, would destroy the paint. It isn’t bullet proof, by any means. But it is tough. My friend rubbed his sports car’s front fender once on the frame going into his single-door narrow garage. It looked like serious paint damage must’ve occurred (but no distortion of bodywork) through the PPF. But they pulled the piece off, and the paint was perfectly untouched. They just replaced the fender piece. I think it would be hugely beneficial on any trails were flexible branches will rub side. It stands up to that really well. If it isn’t intrusive enough to deform the body work as it scrapes by, it probably won’t damage the paint underneath, even if the film gets damaged. Replacing a section of film on a panel will always be cheaper than factory-equivalent paint work on the same panel.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I think its benefit is that you can maintain it at least, and replace if needed. What ever makes PPF not look great, would destroy the paint. It isn’t bullet proof, by any means. But it is tough. My friend rubbed his sports car’s front fender once on the frame going into his single-door narrow garage. It looked like serious paint damage must’ve occurred (but no distortion of bodywork) through the PPF. But they pulled the piece off, and the paint was perfectly untouched. They just replaced the fender piece. I think it would be hugely beneficial on any trails were flexible branches will rub side. It stands up to that really well. If it isn’t intrusive enough to deform the body work as it scrapes by, it probably won’t damage the paint underneath, even if the film gets damaged. Replacing a section of film on a panel will always be cheaper than factory-equivalent paint work on the same panel.
All valid points and making me lean towards PPF even more!!! Did you know you wanted stealth or was there a debate between clear/stealth? My research and talking to shops have shown that if you are doing true offroading and want max protection then clear/gloss is tougher and easier to maintain then stealth. But stealth looks so dang cool. Although the shops did say stealth would still provide protection but not as much as the xpel 10 gloss. And that removing marks would be easier on clear/gloss. Apparently the stealth dosnt come in 10 like the gloss and that is why they said that. Will definitely be off roading the bronco once I add a bit more build/mods. And i know what you mean about tree rash on the trails. My wrangler had them on both sides. Avoiding that alone makes it worth it.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it would be hugely beneficial on any trails were flexible branches will rub side. It stands up to that really well.
This. 1st hand experience here.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All valid points and making me lean towards PPF even more!!! Did you know you wanted stealth or was there a debate between clear/stealth? My research and talking to shops have shown that if you are doing true offroading and want max protection then clear/gloss is tougher and easier to maintain then stealth. But stealth looks so dang cool. Although the shops did say stealth would still provide protection but not as much as the xpel 10 gloss. And that removing marks would be easier on clear/gloss. Apparently the stealth dosnt come in 10 like the gloss and that is why they said that. Will definitely be off roading the bronco once I add a bit more build/mods. And i know what you mean about tree rash on the trails. My wrangler had them on both sides. Avoiding that alone makes it worth it.
I believe the thickness of Stealth is the same as the regular gloss film “Ultimate Plus”. So I don’t think clear would offer any more protections. But now they offer a thicker Ultimate Plus 10 only in clear. But that would cost more of course. The advantage of not using stealth is that you don’t have to do a full wrap. You could save money and not wrap the tailgate for example, or just wrap front and lower rocker panels, etc - since it invisible, you can’t tell what is or isn’t wrapped. With stealth, it’s all or nothing due to the finish appearance - it Would look a little goofy with some panels matte, and others gloss.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe the thickness of Stealth is the same as the regular gloss film “Ultimate Plus”. So I don’t think clear would offer any more protections. But now they offer a thicker Ultimate Plus 10 only in clear. But that would cost more of course. The advantage of not using stealth is that you don’t have to do a full wrap. You could save money and not wrap the tailgate for example, or just wrap front and lower rocker panels, etc - since it invisible, you can’t tell what is or isn’t wrapped. With stealth, it’s all or nothing due to the finish appearance - it Would look a little goofy with some panels matte, and others gloss.
I did not do my tailgate, just ceramic on that as its mostly covered by the spare anyways.. Xpel has all the precuts for the Braptor so its a no brainer to get the flares done. Xpel has 2 thickness versions, 7mm and 10mm. Most run the 7m including myself and have no issues, the 10mm stuff is obviously thicker for serious off road protection.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did not do my tailgate, just ceramic on that as its mostly covered by the spare anyways.. Xpel has all the precuts for the Braptor so its a no brainer to get the flares done. Xpel has 2 thickness versions, 7mm and 10mm. Most run the 7m including myself and have no issues, the 10mm stuff is obviously thicker for serious off road protection.
Yes. Just the stealth where most would want to wrap it all, including tailgate, so the finish all matches. I believe the rep said that Stealth is also 7 mils, same as the normal clear. So no difference in protection from the regular clear or the stealth. I agree, and think the 7 mil is plenty of protection and it is what most people run. If you hold a piece in your hand, and try to rip or tear it, you can see how durable it is.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Xpel has 2 thickness versions, 7mm and 10mm. Most run the 7m including myself and have no issues, the 10mm stuff is obviously thicker for serious off road protection.
mil as in .001 inch (per mil) not mm (millimeter). 2mm PPF might be somewhat hard to install...