First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fall is such a good time to go see Yellowstone. You can many times catch the Elk Rutting. The bears are more active as they try and pack on those last few pounds. Even the Moose seem to be more active. Plus those fall colors can be amazing.
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since you live there would you mind recommending the best month to go. We are planning to go next year. We would like to see five National Parks maybe more no time limit. We are trying to find a tent we can add to the back of our Bronco but there is time for that.

Thank you for any information you can provide.
Asking for the “best” month to visit Yellowstone is a really loaded question. Sort of like the “What color Bronco should I buy for my wife ?” threads on here.

All months are good, they each have their differences though. July and August have the best weather, but it gets very crowded. After Labor Day the crowds are gone, but it is noticeably colder. My personal favorite is October. Zero people and the fly fishing is insane. My second favorite month is April, before The Park is open. They usually get the road plowed into Old Faithful in early April and they allow bicycles only for a few weeks before they allow cars in. So cool to be bicycling through Yellowstone in total silence.

Grizzly bears are the real deal. Carry bear spray. I’ve personally never had a problem despite 100’s of close encounters, but a good friend of mine was mauled to death 2 years ago while fly fishing at Bakers Hole (a quarter mile outside the park).

Same thing with Bison. Stay away from them.

Take advantage of any Ranger-led lectures or presentations. You will be amazed at what you learn.

Yellowstone Park is so cool. I love living so close.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Asking for the “best” month to visit Yellowstone is a really loaded question. Sort of like the “What color Bronco should I buy for my wife ?” threads on here.

All months are good, they each have their differences though. July and August have the best weather, but it gets very crowded. After Labor Day the crowds are gone, but it is noticeably colder. My personal favorite is October. Zero people and the fly fishing is insane. My second favorite month is April, before The Park is open. They usually get the road plowed into Old Faithful in early April and they allow bicycles only for a few weeks before they allow cars in. So cool to be bicycling through Yellowstone in total silence.

Grizzly bears are the real deal. Carry bear spray. I’ve personally never had a problem despite 100’s of close encounters, but a good friend of mine was mauled to death 2 years ago while fly fishing at Bakers Hole (a quarter mile outside the park).

Same thing with Bison. Stay away from them.

Take advantage of any Ranger-led lectures or presentations. You will be amazed at what you learn.

Yellowstone Park is so cool. I love living so close.
Thank you so much for your reply and advice. My husband is an avid Fly Fisherman too. It's fortunate you live so close and can enjoy this beautiful park.
Sponsored