Sponsored

You've been asking, and we've been listening. Coming Soon!

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Y'all are ridiculous. Car companies regularly drop marketing with, say, just the picture of a trunk corner or whatever and a date and many of y'all are all in titters. Apple is king of this technique. I don't know this really pulled off the trick (you need a highly social cohort for your products), but there's sure a lot of activity on this thread for people who are so eat up with how dumb it is.
If they were advertising ADV fiberglass fenders (which were shown in the video) then it would be fine. They showed no teaser for their own product.

When a car company teases a trunk corner, it's usually a brand new design for something.

I'm not buying the "highly social cohort" stuff, this forum is extremely social but still sees through this weak marketing.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they were advertising ADV fiberglass fenders (which were shown in the video) then it would be fine. They showed no teaser for their own product.

When a car company teases a trunk corner, it's usually a brand new design for something.

I'm not buying the "highly social cohort" stuff, this forum is extremely social but still sees through this weak marketing.
"Highly social cohort who follows you." Like a decent size of real passionate fans (cohort) who join in. I'm not making any claims this is pulling it off that well, but it's basic network effect. You drop it, makes ripples, which then make more ripples, and eventually you got a buzz/hype cycle started. I saw a few people saying they make good stuff, but apparently this forum is not their fan's stomping grounds, at least yet. And the second thread is pulled off a little better.

And yeah it is silly to crab about how stupid a thread that someone willingly opened and read. Moan all you want, nobody made anybody read this thread. I guess some folks are annoyed they wasted 10s worth of time?

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Highly social cohort who follows you." Like a decent size of real passionate fans (cohort) who join in. I'm not making any claims this is pulling it off that well, but it's basic network effect. You drop it, makes ripples, which then make more ripples, and eventually you got a buzz/hype cycle started. I saw a few people saying they make good stuff, but apparently this forum is not their fan's stomping grounds, at least yet. And the second thread is pulled off a little better.

And yeah it is silly to crab about how stupid a thread that someone willingly opened and read. Moan all you want, nobody made anybody read this thread. I guess some folks are annoyed they wasted 10s worth of time?
I think the strong reaction (I guess I kinda started it lol) is meant to discourage this kind of teasing in the future.

IMO, if a company makes a video to tease something, that something should be in the teaser video.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the strong reaction (I guess I kinda started it lol) is meant to discourage this kind of teasing in the future.

IMO, if a company makes a video to tease something, that something should be in the teaser video.
I was trying to find one of Laravel Twitter announcements where they did something like "What is it? Coming soon!" with a screenshot that gives nothing away. Then there's 500 comments, 200 likes, 200 retweets. That's viral marketing, but it works because they've come through with interesting products in the past. Give these guys some time, I assume they'll improve.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was trying to find one of Laravel Twitter announcements where they did something like "What is it? Coming soon!" with a screenshot that gives nothing away. Then there's 500 comments, 200 likes, 200 retweets. That's viral marketing, but it works because they've come through with interesting products in the past. Give these guys some time, I assume they'll improve.
Who is Laravel Twitter? Did he/she invent Twitter (don't use it so don't know)?

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is Laravel Twitter? Did he/she invent Twitter (don't use it so don't know)?
Twitter is now X, the everything-I-don't-want app, but originally back in '08 it was a microblogging/public messaging system for programmers. I have had an account since 2008-era "fail whale" stuff. Twitter was invented by Jack Dorsey (Square also). Well, at least he was the one who wrote it in Ruby on Rails initially (the Fail Whale oughta be on his tombstone). I assume you know who owns it now...

Laravel is a web framework for building web applications and sites. It's very popular; it's now had some crazy number, billions, of downloads off GitHub. The guy who started it lives in a mansion in Arkansas and buys supercars for a hobby. I've heard he's worth upwards of $50m. I have met him and once he bought me dinner, but otherwise I don't know him personally.

He's also a bit divisive. He's very good at virality, but a lot of it to me at least comes off as us-versus-them (perfect for our era, of course). I don't guess they do the anonymous drops as much, but they used to happen several times a year.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is like watching a train wreck.
It’s horrible to watch, but you can’t help yourself.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For not being too informative, it sure is getting lots of attention on this forum.... LMAO
And there's a grand total of 10-people following this thread :ROFLMAO: I'm only seeing it again because I posted on it yesterday.

My same question from yesterday stands: What is the OVER/UNDER on the big reveal post getting 10 "likes"? I'll go out on a limb and start with UNDER.

Last edited:

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4 pages of posts and no other info? Will they really “bring the bass” if it’s just another sub in a box? If you are going to claim you are going to “bring the bass” at minimum it should be 2 -12inch subs, or something that can hit a minimum of 140 dbs.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You drop it, makes ripples, which then make more ripples, and eventually you got a buzz/hype cycle started.
Wrong platform for that. All the OP did here was create a thread to bash them.

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Squatched Badlands, 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y'all are ridiculous. Car companies regularly drop marketing with, say, just the picture of a trunk corner or whatever and a date and many of y'all are all in titters. Apple is king of this technique. I don't know this really pulled off the trick (you need a highly social cohort for your products), but there's sure a lot of activity on this thread for people who are so eat up with how dumb it is.
Ask me how many Apple products I've ever owned
Sponsored