First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2-Door, Base, Manual, EruptionG
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the Pelican case you found. What you may want to think about is a rear cargo tray (150Lbs extra storage - solid and secure) with Molle side panels and Molle tailgate table. Adds much needed cargo space / enhancement.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710699237948-nh

Cargo Bundle for 2 Door Bronco (mountains2metal.com)

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710699381387-d4

I just bought the Pelican case V700 on sale at Amazon for $146 today.
Vault by Pelican - V700 Multi-Purpose Hard Case with Foam - Tripod, Equipment, Electronics. Sportsman's Gear, and More (Black) : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

I think it will slide in perfectly below my lower cargo bins. Should be here in a few days and I think that will do for stuff I want protected / secured while off roading.
I also bought some locking cables and combo lock to anchor and secure the case.
DocksLocks Anti-Theft Weatherproof Coiled Security Cable with Reinforced Looped Ends and Short Shackle U-Lock 5ft : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

I did look at the Pelican Protector case 1700. Pelican even has it in green to match but the cost is 3.5x... have to think about it and see how the v700 fits first.
Pelican Protector 1700 Long Case - Multi-Purpose Hard Case with Foam - Tripod, Camera Equipment, Sportsmans Case, Electronics Gear, and More (OD Green) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Dimensions of the two:

LONG CASE 1700 DIMENSIONS (LxWxH Inches): Exterior-38.47 x 16.42 x 6.14 ; Interior-35.76 x 13.73 x 5.35 - Weight 16.85 lbs
V700 Case DIMENSIONS (LWH | inches): Exterior 39.61 x 17.65 x 6.65 | Interior 36.50 x 14.50 x 6.00 - WEIGHT WITH FOAM: 16.26 Lbs (7.4 kg)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, these are all great solutions! Hats off to everyone in the 2D community who gets it done right. I drove 2D Wranglers for years and finally broke down and got the 4D when I ordered the Bronco because, you know, "you'll appreciate the extra space."

I regret it. Not enough to trade it. But I regret it. Wish I'd stayed 2-door and got a Bronco that looked like a Bronco, not an offroad school bus. OK, I'm done.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@LastDeadLast one of my favorite additions to date. I chose the 1700 Protector Long Case because it sits a little more flush with the back seats, but it’s more expensive. I just throw down a rubber mat when I need more grip.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1911
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1911
that looks pretty close to being flush with the backseats and I correct. Also, I’m interested in that cover that you have with your top off did you build that yourselves?

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond; 1994 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanted something that would mount securely and not walk away when the top was off. I went with Milwaukee Packout plate bolted to the cargo floor panel and the XL toolbox and tray.

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the Pelican case you found. What you may want to think about is a rear cargo tray (150Lbs extra storage - solid and secure) with Molle side panels and Molle tailgate table. Adds much needed cargo space / enhancement.

1710699237948-nh.png

1710699381387-d4.png

I just bought the Pelican case V700 on sale at Amazon for $146 today. I think it will slide in nice below my lower cargo bins. Should be here in a few days and I think that till do for stuff I want protected / secured while off road. It did also get some locking cables and combo lock to further anchor and secure.
That looks fantastic. I am going to order on of these shelves.
Can you still remove the back portion of the top and leave the shelf on?

PHAZFREQ

Base
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2-Door, Base, Manual, EruptionG
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks fantastic. I am going to order on of these shelves.
Can you still remove the back portion of the top and leave the shelf on?
Seats go down no issues and the seat head rests can flop over to the back for full rear view mirror view. The shelf mounts to the side Molle panels and side tops. Believe 6 bolts on each side. To make the cargo tray removable, would need to do a bit of effort on using knob bolts in place of standard ones and then, not sure that it would be easy to remove and put the cargo shelf back. I think would be a pain.

There is no back portion of the top that is removable? May be I am miss understanding.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710726256563-xx

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710726282483-vb

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's the plan for the underside. It's the stuff on top of the case sliding around that drives me crazy. I found some grip tape to install on top of the case (Amazon Link), we'll see how that works.

-s
I know I would hate the grip tape. Not sure what you're planning on putting on it but the grip tape is pretty much guaranteed to scratch it.
I would recommend either a rubber backed mat or using spray adhesive and covering it with trunk liner or speaker box carpet.

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I purchased a larger pelican box. It fits all my tools and gear.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710726282483-vb
Speaking of the cargo boxes that fit perfectly pelican nailed it with BX series.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710746167142-6v

BX80 + BX50 is exactly same width as BX135. I stack them on top of each other - its barely clear the speakers (sorry no picture handy at the moment).

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 1710746167142-6v

I just bought the Pelican case V700 on sale at Amazon for $146 today.
Vault by Pelican - V700 Multi-Purpose Hard Case with Foam - Tripod, Equipment, Electronics. Sportsman's Gear, and More (Black) : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

I think it will slide in perfectly below my lower cargo bins. Should be here in a few days and I think that will do for stuff I want protected / secured while off roading.
I also bought some locking cables and combo lock to anchor and secure the case.
DocksLocks Anti-Theft Weatherproof Coiled Security Cable with Reinforced Looped Ends and Short Shackle U-Lock 5ft : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

I did look at the Pelican Protector case 1700. Pelican even has it in green to match but the cost is 3.5x... have to think about it and see how the v700 fits first.
Pelican Protector 1700 Long Case - Multi-Purpose Hard Case with Foam - Tripod, Camera Equipment, Sportsmans Case, Electronics Gear, and More (OD Green) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Dimensions of the two:

LONG CASE 1700 DIMENSIONS (LxWxH Inches): Exterior-38.47 x 16.42 x 6.14 ; Interior-35.76 x 13.73 x 5.35 - Weight 16.85 lbs
V700 Case DIMENSIONS (LWH | inches): Exterior 39.61 x 17.65 x 6.65 | Interior 36.50 x 14.50 x 6.00 - WEIGHT WITH FOAM: 16.26 Lbs (7.4 kg)
Can you put your rear headrests down with that shelf in place?

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted something that would mount securely and not walk away when the top was off. I went with Milwaukee Packout plate bolted to the cargo floor panel and the XL toolbox and tray.
Pictures please

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where did you find the slide drawer ?
Wicked Relics, Chris is the owner and he is on here, my husband has this tray in his 2 door and it is amazing! You can now get them color coded to your vehicle. We use it to go shopping for all of my landscaping, Costco, etc. My 4 door has less room than his 2 door with the seats removed.

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond; 1994 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could easily use two cross braces in the tie down holes and use two plates for a full size amd half size Packout.
I also was considering a trailer tongue toolbox and welding up cross bar mounta to the tie down holes. https://www.harborfreight.com/2-34-cu-ft-steel-trailer-tongue-box-62253.html

But the single Packout was enough for me and easier. Not as secure but that is a tradeoff.
Sponsored