First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Combining the above posts, you can attach Packout mounts to the Wicked Relics tray - in this pic the large boxes in the back are mounted to the plate and the Milwaukee toolbox's vertical bars are useful to attach straps with for other items.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_3905
Sponsored

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I
Hey Folks!

I've had my 23 Black Diamond 2 door for about 4 months now and am loving it so far. The most major gripe I have about it is the lack of really any meaningful storage outside of the rear cargo area. I started looking for hard cases that might fit in the same area and I stumbled across the Pelican Vault V700. It fits like it was made for the space and effectively raises the rear storage area up about 6 inches.

I found the case on Amazon for $170, so it's pretty cheap compared to other solutions. I think I might apply some kind-of-a anti-slide layer to the top if I can find something reasonable. If anyone has any ideas, please fire away.

-s

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_3905

I have this case and I mount it directly to my OEM roof rack using mounting accessories I've found on Amazon.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Folks!

I've had my 23 Black Diamond 2 door for about 4 months now and am loving it so far. The most major gripe I have about it is the lack of really any meaningful storage outside of the rear cargo area. I started looking for hard cases that might fit in the same area and I stumbled across the Pelican Vault V700. It fits like it was made for the space and effectively raises the rear storage area up about 6 inches.

I found the case on Amazon for $170, so it's pretty cheap compared to other solutions. I think I might apply some kind-of-a anti-slide layer to the top if I can find something reasonable. If anyone has any ideas, please fire away.

-s

Most excellent! Thank you for this information. Ordered mine today!

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@LastDeadLast one of my favorite additions to date. I chose the 1700 Protector Long Case because it sits a little more flush with the back seats, but it’s more expensive. I just throw down a rubber mat when I need more grip.

How much weight on top of that Pelican 1700 would you say it could handle? This has me really thinking about this case after seeing it in your vehicle

Sponsored
OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EVA Foam (Marine Decking) is what I would put on there. I have some if you want me to send you a few pieces.

OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Folks!

-s

Great solution! I have been looking at the below and may add yours too.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quick question with a lot of great alternatives. My BD rides pretty level, which is fine, though I'd prefer a little nose down rake. Are any of these heavier solutions causing the rear to dip and front to raise? Just curious as I want to add storage and am willing to raise the rear a bit to keep it looking like I like.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice solution! I like that it’s pretty low profile as well.

Anyone know if there’s one that would fit similarly in a 4 door, with the lower profile but wider/deeper then this 2 door option?
Let us have just this one thing to ourselves.

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much weight on top of that Pelican 1700 would you say it could handle? This has me really thinking about this case after seeing it in your vehicle
I don’t have actual specs for that, but these cases are made out of heavy duty Polypropylene. Extremely rugged in my experience. I’ve thrown cinder blocks and bags of gravel on it without any problems. It’s a semi-permanent part of my vehicle as I have it strapped down and locked to the mounting points in the floor. Ive removed it once in the last 13 months to vacuum underneath.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t have actual specs for that, but these cases are made out of heavy duty Polypropylene. Extremely rugged in my experience. I’ve thrown cinder blocks and bags of gravel on it without any problems. It’s a semi-permanent part of my vehicle as I have it strapped down and locked to the mounting points in the floor. Ive removed it once in the last 13 months to vacuum underneath.
Awesome. Should hold my Howl and 20lb propane tank on top
Sponsored