David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So I proudly added IAG steps to my Bronco Everglades about 4 months ago and they looked fantastic and certainly did the job...but now the paint is peeling off/blistering, the front edge paint has come off completely and the metal is rusting...looks pretty unsightly on a Bronco that is less than 6 months old.

I don't have mudflaps so I'm assuming that this is part of the cause but the paint is blistering on the parts that hook over the sidebar which shouldn't be happening...

Is this just me? anyone lese have similar issues with their IAG steps
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that you should have to do this, but you could get them LineX sprayed. That’ll last a lot longer too.

@IAG Performance can maybe chime in here?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s tons of thread on here about that. Their customer service is pretty good and will work to remedy the situation.

I went with Archetype Racing’s steps. Pricier but no issues with rusting

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've sent back 2 sets. The original version, the updated version, and then the 3rd version I have in the boxes still. I haven't installed them yet as I think I'm gonna keep them off until summer here in MN. Their customer service has been great though.

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s tons of thread on here about that. Their customer service is pretty good and will work to remedy the situation.

I went with Archetype Racing’s steps. Pricier but no issues with rusting
100% agree on the AR’s - Magnums 4 months later still look brand new. Worth every penny.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I proudly added IAG steps to my Bronco Everglades about 4 months ago and they looked fantastic and certainly did the job...but now the paint is peeling off/blistering, the front edge paint has come off completely and the metal is rusting...looks pretty unsightly on a Bronco that is less than 6 months old.

I don't have mudflaps so I'm assuming that this is part of the cause but the paint is blistering on the parts that hook over the sidebar which shouldn't be happening...

Is this just me? anyone lese have similar issues with their IAG steps
My first set rusted over the winter and I got the new version with rivets a few months ago and holding up excellent outside in the Seattle rain. We will see...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Limpetman

Limpetman

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As you can see from the photos above all 4 of mine are showing signs of rust...and we haven't even had a harsh winter ...very disappointed in IAG

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you can see from the photos above all 4 of mine are showing signs of rust...and we haven't even had a harsh winter ...very disappointed in IAG
Have you reached out to IAG directly yet? Sounds like most people have had a positive experience with their customer service in resolving issues.

They are a vendor on B6G, so you can shoot them a DM with your VIN... Oh wait, sorry, that's a different vendor. You can simply DM @IAG Performance though - No VIN required! :)

OP
OP
Limpetman

Limpetman

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Have you reached out to IAG directly yet? Sounds like most people have had a positive experience with their customer service in resolving issues.

They are a vendor on B6G, so you can shoot them a DM with your VIN... Oh wait, sorry, that's a different vendor. You can simply DM @IAG Performance though - No VIN required! :)
Thanks...yes I have reached out directly...will keep peeps posted on how things go