Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other steps that I've seen this kind of rust is DV8 steps that are made in China . Is this manufacturer building them in house or they import them , slap their logo on them and sell them. They send out too many steps to be something they build themselves. Most likely you guys are buying $50 product shipped from Shanghai. Real steps cost a bit more and don't rust overnight
I have offroad board built in OR on my JLU and 2 years later tgey look brand new. Not a rust spot and the powder coating is very well done
Hey there! DV8 went through a full revamp a few years ago and our processes have been vastly improved. All of our Bronco related products have a new powder coating process to help prevent rust. Good care of the finish in the rust belt areas is always recommended.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the original version of these steps that unfortunately did not make it through the winter (I was the only passenger 99% of the time and all 4 rusted and chipped) and even created rust spots on my rock rail. Tried to bead blast them and use a bedliner but the bead blasting didn't work well so have decided to just junk them and look at other options. I did not try to reach out to IAG since I don't want another version. Looking into other options that can withstand very salty winters.
Aluminum may be your best bet for the salty winters. A set of the AR | STIRRUP or AR | MAGNUM STIRRUP should serve you well.