First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had my first issue in 18 months with my 22 Bronco. I bought a brand new trailer. Hooked it up and everything worked. But I remembered there was a "trailer light check" under Features/Towing. Its supposed to cycle through everything...turn signals, brakes, etc. and let you know everything was working. But when I tried it, it failed. Told me to contact the dealership. Dealership said it would fall under diagnostics but the warranty should cover this. Going to turn it in monday when I get my 20k Oil change/trire rotation. Anyone experience this yet?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been told it only works with the 7-pin trailer connector, so if you used a 4-pin it may not work.

If it doesn't work with the 7-pin either... then I am validated and I can go tell a bunch of people "I told you so!" So uhh... let me know if you tried to use a 4-pin or 7-pin.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can say it works with my 4pin. Just don’t get reverse lights on the trailer

turbocc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just had my first issue in 18 months with my 22 Bronco. I bought a brand new trailer. Hooked it up and everything worked. But I remembered there was a "trailer light check" under Features/Towing. Its supposed to cycle through everything...turn signals, brakes, etc. and let you know everything was working. But when I tried it, it failed. Told me to contact the dealership. Dealership said it would fall under diagnostics but the warranty should cover this. Going to turn it in monday when I get my 20k Oil change/trire rotation. Anyone experience this yet?
True Mods 4-Way Flat Trailer Wiring Tester [Nickel-Plated Copper Terminals] [Male & Female] [Continuity Test] 4-Pin Trailer Light Wire Circuit Tester https://a.co/d/8KfDhGq

$6.99 on Amazon

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I'm old school. I walk to the back of the trailer and check operation of each bulb. Don't want to cut off vehicles behind me or receive a ticket. I love all the tech. conveniences but...

Sponsored

Elliot-A51

Outer Banks
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco OBX Sasq
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What'd they find out? Mine isn't working either (for 4 or 7 pin) and says take to dealer. At the moment I haven't been bothered as I'm used to walking around and checking everything anyways but want to have it checked next time I have it in but that might be a bit

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What'd they find out? Mine isn't working either (for 4 or 7 pin) and says take to dealer. At the moment I haven't been bothered as I'm used to walking around and checking everything anyways but want to have it checked next time I have it in but that might be a bit
Question, how are you testing it?
With a trailer tester?
If you are using a tester, does the system acknowledge that a message will come up on the dash.
I'm asking that because a typical tester nowadays has just LEDs( one led for each signal)
Typically, as an almost 100%, these testers do not have enough load with a single LED for the Bronco/ trailer module to "see" the trailer wiring.
I don't know the exact load requirements, a typical 5w to 20w lamp (non LED) should work.

Your still not work.
Just giving a possible reason.

Elliot-A51

Outer Banks
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco OBX Sasq
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm "testing" mine by plugging my trailer into my Bronco and then the Bronco telling me the light check isn't available and to contact dealer. Lights work fine, just the Bronco feature doesn't

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine works with a four flat. From what I've read I shouldn't have that feature since I didn't get factory tow, but it works just fine with my aftermarket wiring setup.
Sponsored