Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you invoked my name…

I’m not too proud to admit that I might be missing something. I’ve certainly been wrong before. If you could answer a couple questions I may be able to better understand where you’re coming from.

Prior to the announcement of priority builds, what was your estimated delivery window?

Since the announcement of priority ordering being thing, what is your new estimated delivery window?
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Semi-Conductor chip shortage", LOL

Their "shortage" is self-inflicted, that is what happens when you don't order enough supply. If they shorted their order for chips needed to make Bronco's that is still a short sight on their side. Estimated interest and pre-orders was pretty high. Meh, it arrives when it arrives.

This is very Incorrect information. It's not self inflicted, there's literally a world wide shortage on silicon. Its affecting anything and everything electronic. Major silicone suppliers also recently announced that shortages are expected to extend another 6-12 months minimum.

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

my F150 sell $ just went up
Same with my F250. I may be able to pay cash for my Bronco if they aren't building anymore this year (heard this from a dealership).

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was some schizophrenic guy at my road show event that kept scaring all the reservation holders that nobody is getting their Bronco. He said like 20 times that his cousin works for the chip distributor in Idaho and they simply dont have the chips to fill the current Bronco builds they promised. Go figure.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do I sense my MY 22 is soon to become a 23?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good info.

Next questions:

Did your dealer get awarded 0, 1, or 2, priority builds?

(Remember, you’re ranked against the other orders at your dealer, so you don’t have to wait for all national priority orders to be built before you, just the ones in front of you at your dealer… that’s why the #1 very late reservation at one dealer could get delivered before the #2 very early reservation at another)

How many Broncos is Ford estimated to build a week?

Considering the answer to both those questions, how much of a delay are you calculating you’ll experience as a result of priority ordering?

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If stock tanks I'm buying in. One of Americas last great companies.
I don't think it will tank based on after hours action. They crushed earnings, and the shortage of chips will work its way through. I will likely buy more and not sell what I have.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Next questions:
ZD...your points are all accurate & spot-on. Being in the service business yourself, you're likely familiar with the difference between a provider being in "delivery" mode versus "recovery" mode.

Ford acts as if they're in 'delivery' mode, when, because of both unforced errors AND shit way beyond their control, they left the comfort of that mode long ago. Reasonable or not, they need to be doing the things you at your store do whenever you need to "recover".

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZD...your points are all accurate & spot-on. Being in the service business yourself, you're likely familiar with the difference between a provider being in "delivery" mode versus "recovery" mode.

Ford acts as if they're in 'delivery' mode, when, because of both unforced errors AND shit way beyond their control, they left the comfort of that mode long ago. Reasonable or not, they need to be doing the things you at your store do whenever you need to "recover".
I don’t know what you’re talking about… I work at Jamba Juice, and at Jamba Juice we are always in “party” mode.

24/7

;)

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would imply that it is high? Ford hasn't cracked $20/share in 20 years. It sits at $12.50/share as I type. If you are looking to invest than just do it. A buck or 2 isn't going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme.
Ford stock is up over 100% in the last year.