Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it appears this finally launched. Some great ideas here. It appears the 2 top pieces of the 2 door allow for a larger open air experience without having to remove the whole rear clam shell.

The rear side windows have a "gull wing" function. Would really be interested if they could be removed/replaced easily.

Excited to see more options on this. I might be a buyer.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears no wiper assembly. Well at least not in the photos. I am guessing with the slant back design you do not need a wiper? I have to say I like the design. The more to market the better! Choices and competition are a good thing!

I never realize how big the Bronco aftermarket was. I dare say its as big if not bigger than the Mustang market.

UPDATE: Lol, as I read more, the more I like what I am seeing. First I see they tested with a light bar. That means they looked at sound levels with that accessory. I also see the two panels, like the roof that comes on the F150. That is also nice, I have a soft top. If I purchase this, that space is also good for the S.FL heat,. Aluminum should be sturdy and basically what the F150's are made out of. So should be good. SHIP TO YOUR HOUSE. Yeah that is a HUGE plus Get the guys from the shop to help out, Put the game on, order pizza and beer, and you're done.

Oh, I may need to open the wallet for this one!

Last edited:

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears no wiper assembly. Well at least not in the photos. I am guessing with the slant back design you do not need a wiper? I have to say I like the design. The more to market the better! Choices and competition are a good thing!

I never realize how big the Bronco aftermarket was. I dare say its as big if not bigger than the Mustang market.
If you choose a product and go through the "options" there is a wiper and defroster available.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems they have a lot of options to configure.. interior insulation colors/patterns, wiper assembly, windowed gull wings, molle panels, etc. Problem is they donā€™t have pics of a lot of this stuff and very little description so itā€™s hard to know what youā€™re getting. Price creeps up very quickly with add-ons.

Torn on the design, seems more tactical looking. Appears to be a better option if you plan to leave it on year round, but just remove panels for open air. Really need to see one completely finished/painted, with all the optionsā€¦ Seems like the same old story of rushing to market without fully being able to tell the storyā€¦ I was hoping the release would be better prepared. :(

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you choose a product and go through the "options" there is a wiper and defroster available.
Ahh I see thanks for that. I just went to the page and was reading through.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to know if you donā€™t choose gull-wing windows for the side rears what do they put in its place and can you add them later on? They state the headliner is easy to install and knock $250 off the cost if you install it. I notice the rear window looks quite a bit larger on the square back than the slant back, wonder if you could get the larger window. Wish they would join Bronco6g and have a Q and A.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish they would join Bronco6g and have a Q and A.
This! I started looking at the options, and yes I have questions as well. As someone else stated, the price creeps up rather quickly with options.

Are the covers removable and no windows behind them? If you get the windows, are they tinted? do they come off? Do they have the covers on the windows? If no windows in the back how is the sound? Are the covers insolated? Do they have pics with the two panels on the roof off? What do these patterns look like in person?

I know they are just starting out, and a small leap of faith needs to be done to get the good pricing and what not, (0% APR is not a bad thing) but even so, to spend 5~7k a little more info would be nice.

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm asking myself half these questions as well, haha! Wish they would join so we could get some clarification.

I'm interested but no way am I going to drop $7,500 without more info.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This! I started looking at the options, and yes I have questions as well. As someone else stated, the price creeps up rather quickly with options.

Are the covers removable and no windows behind them? If you get the windows, are they tinted? do they come off? if no windows in the back how is the sound? Are the covers insolated? Do they have pics with the two panels on the roof off? What do these patterns look like in person?

I know they are just starting out, and a small leap of faith needs to be done to get the good pricing and what not, (0% APR is not a bad thing) but even so, to spend 5~7k a little more info would be nice.
From what I can see the panels get insulated, the gull wing ā€œwindowsā€ look more like panels to me. I saw that if you cancel they charge you 30%. I also wonder if they will make a version that the top panels lay flush with the top. I think the options are great but I also think they have made too many options and will confuse most consumers. It would be helpful if they had a preset option for the top with windows and you just picked color and if you want a headliner or not. All the extras should be options offered after that. Just my thoughts. Also like someone else stated they need photos of the physical options.

Sponsored

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They claim it is completely modular and customizable and was hoping to be able to option something close to Ford's MOD top.

I'd give them all the money for some removeable or sliding rear side windows and a gunner's hatch.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Solar oven, I had a Hewescraft aluminum boat with a metal top anything over 75F and you cooked. During the summer you couldn't sit in the thing 15 minutes before dieing.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i have been following this on their IG. Seems every their ā€œsquare backā€ still has a slant. And all aluminum is nice to a point, I mean the roof of a regular car is aluminum šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø. I like that they offer a few customizations for the headliner etc. but after windows, wiper, defrost itā€™s almost $9k. You can do 12 months no interest with affirm, and Iā€™m close enough I could save shipping and just drive over and get it installed. But damn that 9k price tag.

when questioned they also say theyā€™re targeting a Q4 release/delivery. So buy now and expect 5-6 months at the least.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Snagged a few shots off IG. Looks pretty good black! I asked for some more shots of the gull wing window option and molle panels. They said theyā€™d send some picsā€¦ Iā€™ll share once they do. Really considering this, theyā€™re 3.5 hrs away so I could pickup and put the shipping $ toward optionsā€¦
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5881
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5874
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5875
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5877
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5876

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well the site mentions "financing available", so that's a clue. But otherwise glad to see more options, hope it's a success.

My older Land Rover has an aluminum top and sliding side windows. It does have more of a johnboat look with rivets and all like @Area51BS suggested, lol.

But I will say the aluminum is the bomb in terms of no rust, even when paint is flaking off. And the top took it like a pro when the Land Rover rolled on it's side, no cracking/splintering like a composite top might.
Ford Bronco Armadillo Designs plans to produce a Bronco hardtop from aluminum IMG_5876
My 95 LR3 was all aluminum body. Being all aluminum makes it no different than any monocoque all aluminum shell. Insulation and silent mounting is the key.

And since it costs less to make new AL from beer cans than from raw bauxite start saving your cans
Sponsored