Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took the bronco out for a vacation in the mountains. When in 4L the backup camera stays on after being in reverse. 😒 It’s super annoying. Anybody have had this problem?? Anyway to keep it from happening. We have to shut off engine and restart to get it off or I have to reset the infotainment system to get
Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stuck on? I know when I put mine in 4L the camera auto activates regardless but when I go back to 4H or 2H it reverts to normal.

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stuck on? I know when I put mine in 4L the camera auto activates regardless but when I go back to 4H or 2H it reverts to normal.
It goes off if shifted out of 4L but we stay in 4L for the trails we were running. Today it eventually went to a blue screen, then solid black and back to the main infotainment. It was a good 10 minutes before it did that. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was simply annoying so was seeing if it was normal.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It may be from not hitting the MPH threshold to turn off the camera. Check the settings to see if the camera needs a certain speed to deactivate

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very similar experience. Turning off engine only worked sometimes. Stayed on for a while even in 2h. Intlerestingly the compass was off 180 degrees to. As if it thought I was actually traveling in reverse.. eventually straightened itself out.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a setting that may help, it us called "rear view delay" or something like that, within the reverse sense settings.

Swith the delay OFF.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It goes off if shifted out of 4L but we stay in 4L for the trails we were running. Today it eventually went to a blue screen, then solid black and back to the main infotainment. It was a good 10 minutes before it did that. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was simply annoying so was seeing if it was normal.

Not normal. Consider doing a full reset on your head unit.
If issues persist, it's recommended you visit a service center or dealership for repairs.
I ran 4 low for about two hours yesterday while in mud/ruts mode, and it behaved as expected, backup camera only came on while reversing.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took the bronco out for a vacation in the mountains. When in 4L the backup camera stays on after being in reverse. 😒 It’s super annoying. Anybody have had this problem?? Anyway to keep it from happening. We have to shut off engine and restart to get it off or I have to reset the infotainment system to get
Good morning! Could you privately message us your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this backup camera concern for you? Thank you!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP, If FoMoCo gives you an answer let us know! Seems like when they get involved OP's tend to disappear, meaning problem solved or something nefarious, blink twice if under duress.

Thrash Metash

Base
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get this backup camera behavior all the time in 4L. Please update this thread if you or Ford find a solution.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also had the backup camera stuck "on" when going forward, in 4L yesterday.

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Camera hung up using 4wd for the first time a couple days ago. I couldn't understand it.

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Met a guy on the trail yesterday that was broke down, 😳 but he said his camera does the same thing.

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine also does the same. If you shift into reverse the camera activates, but when you are 4-wheeling it may be some time after you shift back to drive before you get up to the speed at which the camera turns off. It is very annoying when you are trying to follow GPS on a trail.

I'm hoping there is a way to manually turn the camera off in those situations. I've resorted to resetting the infotainment system each time that happens, but I wonder if that is somehow bad for the system to be doing that frequently.

OP
OP
Kubik603

Kubik603

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine also does the same. If you shift into reverse the camera activates, but when you are 4-wheeling it may be some time after you shift back to drive before you get up to the speed at which the camera turns off. It is very annoying when you are trying to follow GPS on a trail.

I'm hoping there is a way to manually turn the camera off in those situations. I've resorted to resetting the infotainment system each time that happens, but I wonder if that is somehow bad for the system to be doing that frequently.
When I hit 10 mph it goes to the blue screen of death and only sometimes will eventually go back to the main screen. I had the same thought about resetting it frequently too.
Sponsored