Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe, but the lower gearing usually comes with larger tires.

Don't get me wrong 6 sec is a fast car, it would put any 80's sport car to shame.
Oh for sure, I just think they slight went lower than they needed to which is good for acceleration and bad for MPGs.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a little reminder, the hp/tq numbers these small displacement turbo charged engines are putting out are greater than V10s and diesels of a few years back. The 2.7 beats Ford's last V10 and Dodge's V10 offerings. It also beats the 7.3 and 6.0 powerstrokes. Now granted the lightweight low mass internals cannot stand up to the punishing abuse like the mentioned work engines can.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning all and happy friday, since we got the new info on the power of the 2.3 and 2.7, what do y’all think the 0-60 is going to be on the bronco? Some of y’all may not care but I know a few of us are speed demons 😎 so I’m curious on what y’all’s guesses are. P.S. I’m from Texas where we only know how to drive 80+ so I would say this is a big deal🤣
I'm guessing 5.9 seconds with the 2.7 in Sport Mode. Except for the times that you have to fill up with gas before you get to 60.

What will the 0-60 time be in Eco-Mode?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning all and happy friday, since we got the new info on the power of the 2.3 and 2.7, what do y’all think the 0-60 is going to be on the bronco
assuming 0-60MPH, so.... I am going to go with "Yes", both engines should get them up there. If you meant how quick will it get there, I would not be racing any V6 Camry's for pink slips if I were you.

It will be the slowest toy in a lot of peoples stable is my guess. I would figure about 6.8x seconds to 60 MPH in near perfect street conditions for BL, maybe up to a second less for an 2.7 OBX on street tires and optional 4.27 gears

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why? It's an offroad vehicle. If you care about the 0-60, you maybe should be looking at a different vehicle.
Thanks captain buzzkill. So you will never be on pavement? I’d love to see your compound, I’m picturing Waco.
Nice to know roughly what you’re doing for those occasional spirited moves from a green light.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I have a 2 door with the 2.7L, take the doors and front roof panels off, will I be able to pop a wheelie?