First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this all that separates the capable bumper from tbe standard one? I have the standard bumper with fog lights on my truck. Could that plate be added behind and a cutout made for the shackles I wonder?
Good question 🤔
Sponsored

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get under with s pry tool and pull. They’re only clipped in. Give a good tug.
That worked like a charm. I didn’t even have to pull the bumper all the way off… I was able to loosen the bolts enough to take it away from the bronco and drill the holes I needed so I could mount my light bar.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Shackle Removal 8F51614D-2672-4EF5-8732-F5C9ED0515D7

OP
OP
Scotty_A51

Scotty_A51

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That worked like a charm. I didn’t even have to pull the bumper all the way off… I was able to loosen the bolts enough to take it away from the bronco and drill the holes I needed so I could mount my light bar.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Shackle Removal 8F51614D-2672-4EF5-8732-F5C9ED0515D7
Hell yeah, that looks real good 👍🏻

Webbie44

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep 2dr Rubicon, 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed and added these from Ford performance, now I can tow easily behind RV. This Bronco is the most capable fun vehicle I have ever enjoyed. Just a small amount of trimming. If I decide to go somewhere I need the hooks, pop the plastic cove, 3 bolts and done.

20220710_155145-jpg.jpg

20220710_155251-jpg.jpg

20220710_155141-jpg.jpg

I was thinking about doing this same modification when I get My Bronco. Did it require removing the bumper or just the plastic cover to swap out the shackle mounts? Where did you have to trim? Do you have any close up photos of the area where you trimmed? Looks great to me!

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, question for the capable bumper. Can those covers be purchased from another model to give access to those anchor points? Maybe a black diamond or something?
Our Wildtrak with capable has the tow hooks under the bumper, I like the look of the shackles up on the front of the bumper, but ours is covered. Seems that part is removable once the bumper is down.

BeardedRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond; Ram Rebel 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I removed and added these from Ford performance, now I can tow easily behind RV. This Bronco is the most capable fun vehicle I have ever enjoyed. Just a small amount of trimming. If I decide to go somewhere I need the hooks, pop the plastic cove, 3 bolts and done.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Shackle Removal 20220710_155141-

What exactly did you have to trim to install the Ford Performance Tow Hooks? Do you have any photos showing what was trimmed? What other flat towing equipment are you using? Thanks!

Wilkerw

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you get the pin out of the d ring to separate it

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Wilkerw

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you, I have a spate set I can practice on.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, question for the capable bumper. Can those covers be purchased from another model to give access to those anchor points? Maybe a black diamond or something?
Our Wildtrak with capable has the tow hooks under the bumper, I like the look of the shackles up on the front of the bumper, but ours is covered. Seems that part is removable once the bumper is down.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you don't have the capable bumper. You have the standard plastic bumper. I don't believe you can adapt it to this.

bronco-bumpers.jpg

mjsalpeter

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: all assembled back and went together perfectly. So it can be done taking the pins out and painting or powder coating
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Shackle Removal bronco-bumpers
How do you access the 4 bolts on the shackle holder? How do you remove that part of the bumper? Thanks

mjsalpeter

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I all told my salesman buddy like every day, “Please remember to not let them install the front bracket.” Then I showed up right as it got delivered, got in and pulled the bracket out. Walked to the trash can and threw it away. Everyone there laughed.

I like these but I'm ;looking for them in Gunmetal Grey. Does anyone know if there are other Shackles or Tow Base mounts that fit the capable bumper? Thanks

Chesuncook

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hi Jay, I am am new to this forum. Just bought a 2023 Wildtrak with the capable bumper/D ring tow hooks like yours. I would like to change them as you did so I can tow it behind our 40' Tiffin Bus. We have a Roadmaster tow bar and I was looking at the adapters with a 1" opening meant for tow hooks on a Jeep. Could you please tell me how thick your new tow hooks are? I heard they are 1 3/16" thick. What did you do to hook your tow bar to them?
Thank you in advance for any help and insight you can offer me.
Scott
Sponsored