Sponsored

My unified theory of build priority. (Please prove me wrong)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have benefited from the MY'22 PC. I submitted 3 identical orders at 3 different high allocation dealerships. 2 were set at PC'19 and the 1 was set at PC'10. 3 1/2 months from MY'22 order banks opening, I received a VIN and build day for the PC'10 order. It is built (3/14) and at the dealer (3/31) waiting for me to take delivery (4/13).
This is exactly why I wish there was a substantial non refundable deposit at time of order. While I'm glad you got your Bronco all your extra orders will do is push other people behind you. Now multiply that 500-1000 times for impatient people and an issue has been created.
Sponsored

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
With out getting into Fords accounting books, it seems to me that a 21' price protected 4 dr Badlands/SAS would still be more profitable than a 22' or 22.5' base/ BB 4dr. Most walk-ins were told about the constraints and ordered accordingly( I didn't, but I'm not the brightest crayon in the box ). My opinion is what a dealer can get when they have allocations is what they will get( previewing ) atleast they have something to sell. Dealers are not going to turn down what they can receive, the salesperson may have sympathy for their customers that have been waiting 600+ days, but there's also food that needs to be put on the table. Every Bronco that gets built currently is going to be sold( high demand ) the idea that Ford doesn't want to build for those that are price protected... huh? The price protection is just factory rebate that would be common in normal car market, something most manufacturers do ( this may be the first time I pay MSRP ).

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m not sure anyone really understands the reservation time stamp importance. Chaos theory might be the best explanation.

Iā€™m a 7/20/20 res holder 1/30/21 original order, reordered as a 2022 in October of 2021. It a 4dr/OBX/SAS/MIC/LUX/2.7 no tow package priority code 11 that still doesnā€™t have a VIN and I have no clue if it will be produced this year.

I placed a 2nd order 12/09/21 with the same dealer, same build other than dropping the MIC and SAS and it left the Michigan plant on a rail car a few days ago. My sales guy has been great and also informed me last week that he has only delivered 4 of the 22 Broncos heā€™s sold but a handful are being delivered in the next few weeks. One of those he delivered went to a customer in January and was the same exact configuration as my original 7/20 res except it had the mid rather than high package. That customers reservation time stamp was from September of 2021 almost 60 days after mine, go figure. Itā€™s a small sample size but, heā€™s not seeing a clear correlation between time stamp and build date for similar configurations.

If I didnā€™t have a soft top arriving next week, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be willing to wait another 6+ months for my original time stamp, Iā€™d probably just go buy a Jeep like so many others have and be done with Ford forever.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hate to burst your theory bubble: I am an early reservation holder. My initial order was a 19 priority code. I did not get built as my Dealer never did get all their MY21 allocations or perhaps I would have. Pushed to MY22 and of course had to re-order in October 21. The priority code on that order is a 10. Knowing my Dealer, the relationship I have with them, buying another vehicle there 3 months ago....I feel confident I am at the top of their internal list. Even with that 10 code....it means crap nothing. I still sit here, no VIN, no build date, no confidence I will get my BD this year either. My Dealer is upset as well and says communication from Ford is terrible.
I agree with one thing; those walk-in orders and Dealer stock orders should never have been allowed. The special series Broncos should have been put on hold until the backlog is caught up. I saw a 2 door at a local Dealer and read 3-4 posts today of people ordering (walk-ins) a few months ago and their Bronco is either scheduled or built already. It's all a pile of crap at this point. 628 days and still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was my experience too.

I was priority 10 all last year, and going into 2022. About one third in line in the list of my dealers 2021 allocations. They had about half of their allocations scheduled for 2021.

Nothing in the first three schedulings for 2022, despite being number 8-5 in line. Dealer telling me none of their E5Cs got picked up in 2021.

Then, I got the handraiser email, and subsequently a golden ticket. And my dealer put me in as their one priority Raptor build for May.

While I may have been scheduled as a loaded two door Badlands for May, nothing in the prior year of scheduling convinced me of it. I believe Ford has an order in which they look at previewing dealer orders, and my dealer (part of the Crossroads group) must be toward the back of that order. Otherwise they would have received a higher percentage of their 2021 allocation, but since they are on the back end all the commodities are used up by the time their orders are reviewed for selection. Their two and four door E5As and E5Bs get pickedā€”especially soft topsā€”but their high endsā€”especially two door / MICsā€”have been left for dead.

The only other thing that makes sense is Ford actually is looking at timestamp, and 4PM, 7/14 for an E5C still isn't early enough. I don't believe that though for two reasons: I have seen later reservations for Badlands two doors get picked, and I don't think Ford's algorithms have time stamp as the highest factor, as time stamp is a relatively new (or at least seldom critically used) factor.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All I know is I have a open 1/30/21 order PC 10. I am on MY order mod #3.

Sponsored

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It is amazing that there are priority codes beyond ā€œstock orderā€ and ā€œsold orderā€ at all.
Why would any manufacturer add complexity and confusion to the product ordering system?
It really should as simple as ā€œis this vehicle already sold or is it for inventory?ā€
Maybe Iā€™m just simple myself but I donā€™t see any reason for more than two order types.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to note if everyone is priority 10 then no one is. A lot of the people ordering these vehicles are hardcore Ford buyers and dealerships know and worked with them forever.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After trying to puzzle all the pieces together; the anecdotal walk ins and dealer stock (perhaps using fake retail orders, green and blue window attackers anyone?) getting serviced before identical reservation order stories, the recent Ford email stating they would pause retail orders to prioritize (presumably) reservation orders (with no change in allocation formula to count the existing reservations), the current stated policies of Ford still not prioritizing reservation orders over deal stock, and the worth of the reservation timestamp essentially being a tie breaker of sorts at each individual dealership and it leads me to only one theory that fits.

We know that Ford doesn't consider reservation numbers when allocating builds, but there still should be at least some reservations that can be built at the dealers who are getting more allocations simply because they aren't building that many Broncos. The number of short time order waits seems far too high, meaning the number of stock and walk in orders reportedly getting filled/scheduled on this forum alone in a few months seems statistically improbable in the extreme.

They shouldn't be getting scheduled that fast if reservations took priority in all allocations at each dealer. Again, only one working theory of which I can fit all the pieces; the reservation orders are initially automatically set at code 19 and the timestamp breaks that down to the individual order as the production priority, however since Ford went back to the traditional allocating system after the initial bait and switch reservation system, we have all assumed they didn't go all the way back, that the reservation orders have priority in all cases. I do not believe that is true. I think Ford went all the way back to the old system and the dealer priority codes trump the reservation timestamps if the dealer puts in a lower priority code. That if a dealer has all orders set at the same code, using 19 for example, the reservations get scheduled first (and there is nothing that says they are in Ford's policies, but we assume), but if the dealer uses a code like 10 on a walk in order or fake retail order for stock, they would get looked at before any reservation order sitting at 19. That would explain it all; short waits for some very late orders at certain dealerships, the emails from Ford make sense, etc.

It would give a dealer the ability to push orders they deem more important to the front of the line at that dealership and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the dealers were screaming for that ability as they were used to having it before the reservation system was started, would just be going back to the traditional allocation system that allowed it.

In any event, that is my theory, some dealers are giving walk in orders a higher build priority (lower number codes) than the reservation orders at that dealer and Ford is treating it as a higher build priority than a timestamp order at that dealer. It wraps all the information up in a neat package, even all the tiny little nagging things that didn't make sense that I didn't bother listing (a way to statistically game the name match percentage among others)

Please prove me wrong or tell me another theory that works with everything because it is extremely discouraging to think this is the case for the reservation order holders at some dealers. (and a further betrayal of Ford's reservations promises if they allow it.) Sadly, it just makes the most sense to me.
Its a nice theory that explains build priority as a variable. Hard to prove without good data! Your theory seems to give each build the same status. But One theoretical variable you may be not be accounting for is the differences that each model and build makes in build priority. IE, how does Ford prioritize each model and Sasquatch status? Does Ford want an even spread of models, so that if everyone orders Badlands, they'll prioritize Big Bend or Outer Banks? And if too many people want Sasquatch upgrade, will non-sasquatch Broncos get pushed up ahead, other factors being equal? I think that for me, getting my Non-Sas OBX built last Summer, it was a mix of your theory and mine: high priority code and a model that fewer people ordered.

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am pretty sure this is how it works. When I placed my order, the GM (a friend of mine)said he could put a rush on it but cautioned me that it might take a while because I had some hard to get options. I got my build confirmation a month later.
Have you received your Bronco? I am an early reservation holder with a priority code 10 and I haven't received anything???

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After trying to puzzle all the pieces together; the anecdotal walk ins and dealer stock (perhaps using fake retail orders, green and blue window attackers anyone?) getting serviced before identical reservation order stories, the recent Ford email stating they would pause retail orders to prioritize (presumably) reservation orders (with no change in allocation formula to count the existing reservations), the current stated policies of Ford still not prioritizing reservation orders over deal stock, and the worth of the reservation timestamp essentially being a tie breaker of sorts at each individual dealership and it leads me to only one theory that fits.

We know that Ford doesn't consider reservation numbers when allocating builds, but there still should be at least some reservations that can be built at the dealers who are getting more allocations simply because they aren't building that many Broncos. The number of short time order waits seems far too high, meaning the number of stock and walk in orders reportedly getting filled/scheduled on this forum alone in a few months seems statistically improbable in the extreme.

They shouldn't be getting scheduled that fast if reservations took priority in all allocations at each dealer. Again, only one working theory of which I can fit all the pieces; the reservation orders are initially automatically set at code 19 and the timestamp breaks that down to the individual order as the production priority, however since Ford went back to the traditional allocating system after the initial bait and switch reservation system, we have all assumed they didn't go all the way back, that the reservation orders have priority in all cases. I do not believe that is true. I think Ford went all the way back to the old system and the dealer priority codes trump the reservation timestamps if the dealer puts in a lower priority code. That if a dealer has all orders set at the same code, using 19 for example, the reservations get scheduled first (and there is nothing that says they are in Ford's policies, but we assume), but if the dealer uses a code like 10 on a walk in order or fake retail order for stock, they would get looked at before any reservation order sitting at 19. That would explain it all; short waits for some very late orders at certain dealerships, the emails from Ford make sense, etc.

It would give a dealer the ability to push orders they deem more important to the front of the line at that dealership and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the dealers were screaming for that ability as they were used to having it before the reservation system was started, would just be going back to the traditional allocation system that allowed it.

In any event, that is my theory, some dealers are giving walk in orders a higher build priority (lower number codes) than the reservation orders at that dealer and Ford is treating it as a higher build priority than a timestamp order at that dealer. It wraps all the information up in a neat package, even all the tiny little nagging things that didn't make sense that I didn't bother listing (a way to statistically game the name match percentage among others)

Please prove me wrong or tell me another theory that works with everything because it is extremely discouraging to think this is the case for the reservation order holders at some dealers. (and a further betrayal of Ford's reservations promises if they allow it.) Sadly, it just makes the most sense to me.
Copied and Pasted this from a guy (Ice-Capades) who owns a dealership in Kentucky that posts on Blue Oval Forums and Bronco Nation:

Ford Dealers can submit vehicle orders via either the traditional CONCEPS ordering system or the newer WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. Fleet orders and/or specification changes must be made via CONCEPS. The WBDO system only accepts stock (Dealer Stock, Demonstrator) orders and all variations of retail orders (Retail, A/X/D Plan, Etc.). Both ordering systems generate error notices and will not display pricing information until any errors are corrected.

The CONCEPS ordering system requires the Dealer to manually enter all the order codesā€¦ Year, Body Code, Priority Code, Option Codes, etc. The newer WBDO system uses plain language descriptions, etc. and only displays options available for that vehicleā€™s Model Year, Body Code & Order Code. Retail orders using the WBDO system default to Priority Code ā€œ19ā€.

Dealers assign priority codes to each order based on the Order Type. Stock orders are assigned priority codes 20-80, retail orders are assigned priority codes 10-19. Fleet orders are assigned special alpha numeric codes that represent a requested production week. The priority codes determine the order for which vehicle orders are to be selected and/or considered for scheduling. This overview doesnā€™t consider commodity issues (model, powertrain or option scheduling restrictions) that may be in place for a scheduling week. Commodity issues and/or restrictions can apply at either or both the regional and national levels.

The highest priority that a Dealer can use for a retail order is 10. An order with a ā€œ10ā€ priority code will schedule ahead of an order with an ā€œ11ā€ priority code, etc. This allows Dealers to prioritize the order in which vehicles are scheduled, especially when a Dealer may have multiple retail orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). With the WBDO ordering system, retail orders default to priority code ā€œ19ā€ so itā€™s important that a Dealer change the priority code to a lower number if they want the order to be considered for scheduling earlier compared to other orders. If a reservation is involved, and all things are equal, the priority code will trump reservation status so long as there are not constraints. For example, a priority ā€œ10ā€ with no reservation is going to get pulled before an identical priority ā€œ11ā€ with reservation status. This is almost always the case.

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called ā€œSIMS Ordersā€ each week which are Fordā€™s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that donā€™t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesnā€™t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they donā€™t have scheduling allocation, itā€™s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code ā€œ01ā€ which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesnā€™t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursdayā€™s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Fridayā€™s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is ā€œSubmitted to Plantā€ for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.

Years ago, the ordering process was much easier, with few or limited commodity issues to deal with. Fordā€™s vehicle scheduling was mostly driven by scheduling and building vehicles based on Dealer orders to meet Market demands. For a number of years now, the ordering process has become more complex and time consuming based on the constantly changing commodity issues and restrictions. It is now not uncommon for allocation to roll over to the following week because manufacturing canā€™t accurately forecast how many vehicles can be scheduled for production. In many cases, it seems that either because of vendor supply issues or other factors that Ford skews vehicle scheduling to higher content models in order to maximize corporate profits rather than scheduling vehicle production to meet Dealers orders or Market demand.

The overall vehicle order process, scheduling and status updates is listed below for reference.

Ā· Dealer places order into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank)
Ā· When Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling, orders are scheduled based on Order Type, Priority Code and commodity restrictions.

o Scheduled vehicle orders display as ā€œSubmitted to Plantā€ on the Dealerā€™s daily schedule status report.

o Vehicle orders are assigned a VIN number when scheduled except for certain vehicle lines (EcoSport, Focus RS, Transit Connect)

o The initial vehicle scheduling notice will include information for the scheduled week of production. The initial ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) is usually provided within a few days of the scheduling notice.

o Dealers can change vehicle specifications for a scheduled vehicle up until the vehicle is ā€œlocked inā€ for production or about two weeks prior to the scheduled build date. Specifications for certain vehicle lines (EcoSport, Focus RS, etc.) cannot be changed once scheduled.

Ā§ Dealers are limited to making 6 changes to scheduled orders.
Ā§ Dealers cannot change Order Type, Body Code, Order Code (Package/Trim Level)

Ā· Vehicle order is next updated with a scheduled production date.

Ā· Vehicle goes into production and shows as ā€œSent to Plantā€ on the Dealerā€™s daily status report.

o Vehicle invoices and window stickers are generated and available to Dealers at about this time.

Ā· Dealerā€™s daily status report shows updates on production status.

Ā· Vehicle status updated to ā€œProducedā€

Ā· Vehicle status updated to ā€œReleasedā€ meaning that the vehicle has been released for shipment.

Ā· Vehicle is loaded on rail car. Dealer is provided with carrier information (Canadian National, Norfolk Sothern, etc.) along with the actual rail car number.

Ā· Vehicle status is updated to show arrival at the final rail destination (Ramp 41/Newark, NJ)

Ā· Vehicle is received by the car carrier (Fleet Car, Diversified Automotive, etc.) for delivery to the dealership.

Ā· Vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

Dealers have access to the ā€œVehicle Visibilityā€ application which provides status updates on a 24/7 basis for any vehicle order.

Sponsored

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hate to burst your theory bubble: I am an early reservation holder. My initial order was a 19 priority code. I did not get built as my Dealer never did get all their MY21 allocations or perhaps I would have. Pushed to MY22 and of course had to re-order in October 21. The priority code on that order is a 10. Knowing my Dealer, the relationship I have with them, buying another vehicle there 3 months ago....I feel confident I am at the top of their internal list. Even with that 10 code....it means crap nothing. I still sit here, no VIN, no build date, no confidence I will get my BD this year either. My Dealer is upset as well and says communication from Ford is terrible.
I agree with one thing; those walk-in orders and Dealer stock orders should never have been allowed. The special series Broncos should have been put on hold until the backlog is caught up. I saw a 2 door at a local Dealer and read 3-4 posts today of people ordering (walk-ins) a few months ago and their Bronco is either scheduled or built already. It's all a pile of crap at this point. 628 days and still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have always been a priority code 10 since reserving in 2020 and I have not received anything yet either???

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6bbydp.jpg

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco My unified theory of build priority. (Please prove me wrong) DjC1avUW4AEohZ0

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

order banks did not open tell end or Jan of 2021 even for people who put in reservation on 7-14-20
I stand corrected. It's been so damn long....I was off by a few months.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am pretty sure this is how it works. When I placed my order, the GM (a friend of mine)said he could put a rush on it but cautioned me that it might take a while because I had some hard to get options. I got my build confirmation a month later.
^ @Ford Motor Company ^ Explain how this keeps happening? Focus on early reservation holders. They are getting penalized for being loyal. Thank you.
Sponsored