Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Man, I've tried every Napa location near me, including the distribution center - it seems the only Napa location "nearby" that has the MaxiTrac compressor is in Michigan. I'm in CA, LOL .. and they want almost $50 to ship it from Michigan to CA.. bummer.. this looked like a perfect option for a portable compressor .. and they have no idea if/when they'll get more of them
Sponsored

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the maxi air. I might be going a different way though and if I want to get rid of it I will PM you. It's still new never been used.

Bobsled

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 and Jeep jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I must Have lucked out - found mine at Napa online - ship to home - with a coupon

it is a very strong compressor

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve been trying to get one for 4 months and always out of stock.

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It performed well in several comparison tests and word is getting around. Several off-road companies use a re-branded version, so demand is high.

Sponsored

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Iā€™ve been trying to purchase the Maxi Trac. I canā€™t seem to do it. None on line & the Napa stores around me are out of stock and cannot order them. If anyone has a clue how I can get my hands on one let me know please. Thx

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep checking. Last week, I was told all of metro Atlanta was sold out and warehouses didn't have any. A few days later, Saturday morning, most showed they had availability for store pickup. I placed order and was able to pick up same day. By Saturday afternoon, none showed any stock and the napa associate was shocked I had gotten one. He said he has been keeping his eyes open and wanted one himself.

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
finally got lucky - I was checking the site every day, and found a store that got one in stock. I picked it up and did the mods to it found in many of the YT videos - added the pressure cut-off switch, regular air hose coupler, and took care of the wire that seems to cause the short circuit (positive cable near the circuit board). Tested it yesterday with the Morrflate system - went from 18psi to 38psi in all four tires (31" tires on my truck) in 2.5 minutes.

treyrich

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1967 Fastback Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are available for online purchase right now, just grabbed one with 15% off coupon.

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are available for online purchase right now, just grabbed one with 15% off coupon.
you got lucky - but don't be surprised if the order gets canceled. I've placed 5 orders over the past 3 days, and all of them have been canceled :(

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

finally got lucky - I was checking the site every day, and found a store that got one in stock. I picked it up and did the mods to it found in many of the YT videos - added the pressure cut-off switch, regular air hose coupler, and took care of the wire that seems to cause the short circuit (positive cable near the circuit board). Tested it yesterday with the Morrflate system - went from 18psi to 38psi in all four tires (31" tires on my truck) in 2.5 minutes.

Did you happen to take any pictures of your mods? Iā€™m aware of wire problems, but havenā€™t yet searched for exactly what to look for. I havenā€™t had a chance to tinker with mine yet.

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you happen to take any pictures of your mods? Iā€™m aware of wire problems, but havenā€™t yet searched for exactly what to look for. I havenā€™t had a chance to tinker with mine yet.
I didn't take any pictures, but here's a few links that should help you. It's pretty easy - you'll need some brass fittings, the quick-connect coupler, teflon tape and the pressure switch:

you'll need 1 of these bushings: https://amzn.to/3CMpLvH
you'll need 1 of these pressure switches: https://amzn.to/3JhyM2q
you'll need 1 of these air fittings: https://amzn.to/3iaIJ5W
you'll need 1 of these 1.5" nipples: https://amzn.to/36iFtm7
you'll need 1 of these tee fittings: https://amzn.to/3MMHQOZ

follow this video for instructions on how to wire up the pressure switch and hook up the fittings (he also mentioned at the end about how to look for the wire that you need to check for protruding copper strands that can short it out):

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

he also mentioned at the end about how to look for the wire that you need to check for protruding copper strands that can short it out)
Thanks for the links! I had seen that video. He doesnā€™t explain if the exposed wires were always exposed or if something happened to cause it like melting through the wrap šŸ¤· He mentioned maybe it should be fused. You said you took care of the wire that causes problems. Did you just inspect it for any exposed wire and add electrical tape, or something more involved?

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dang, been watching for months and you guys got me all excited. Out of stock again.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the links! I had seen that video. He doesnā€™t explain if the exposed wires were always exposed or if something happened to cause it like melting through the wrap šŸ¤· He mentioned maybe it should be fused. You said you took care of the wire that causes problems. Did you just inspect it for any exposed wire and add electrical tape, or something more involved?
There are a couple other YouTube videos showing the same exposed wires and heat-shrink tubing issue where it's either too short, and/or not heat-shrunk enough to form a good seal around the hot wire...

I got one as a Christmas present and found the same exact thing - the hot wire is kind of kinked/bent sharply inside that upper plastic housing, and that causes a couple of strands to break and protrude through the shrink rap. I used some electrical tape covered in gorilla tape to make sure they don't pop back out.

Also recommended in a couple videos: open up the piston chambers and make sure there's no debris in them before running it.
Sponsored