Sponsored

Rough Country Sliders - review / feedback?

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I was originally considering a frame mount slider option but will not need that level of protection for a couple of years. Just looking for an OEM slider equivalent to protect and would run just those but my wife /kids need a step. Does anyone have experience with rough country sliders?

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/ford-bronco-rock-sliders-90803
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not have experience with the RC sliders, but if you are thinking you need frame mounted ones in a couple years, just get them now. There are options that will work as a step and slider as well. I have RCI frame mount sliders, at the 20 degree angle it still can be used as a step, 5 degree would be even easier since it is more level.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you need a true "slider" for protection? The RC ones would be a "damage multiplier" if it got impacted. DV8 makes a nice rock slider that sits tight on the body or have a more flat style for a better "step". These are actual frame bolted "sliders" that will support the vehicles weight on an impact whereas the Rough Country ones are, appearance wise, similar but structurally not the same.

https://offroadalliance.com/DV8-Offroad-Bronco-Rock-Sliders-For-21-Ford-Bronco-FS15-Series--SRBR01/

https://offroadalliance.com/DV8-Offroad-Bronco-Side-Steps-For-21-Ford-Bronco-OE-Plus-Series--SRBR02/

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the RC sliders on my 2dr and am happy with them. I wanted something that offered protection and had a small but usable step..

RC Rock Sliders

Ford Bronco Rough Country Sliders - review / feedback? data

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Your recommendation mounting:
Ford Bronco Rough Country Sliders - review / feedback? 1713283127948-j0

Rough Country:
Ford Bronco Rough Country Sliders - review / feedback? 1713283213360-vd

Maybe I am missing something but I fail to see anything that supports your statement " These are actual frame bolted "sliders" that will support the vehicles weight on an impact whereas the Rough Country ones are, appearance wise, similar but structurally not the same. " RC sliders are almost the same location as OEM sliders which are rated at 1.5x vehicle weight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have the RC sliders on my 2dr and am happy with them. I wanted something that offered protection and had a small but usable step..

RC Rock Sliders

I believe that the square look will flow with the Heritage fender flares well.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1713283127948-j0.png

Rough Country:
1713283213360-vd.png

Maybe I am missing something but I fail to see anything that supports your statement " These are actual frame bolted "sliders" that will support the vehicles weight on an impact whereas the Rough Country ones are, appearance wise, similar but structurally not the same. " RC sliders are almost the same location as OEM sliders which are rated at 1.5x vehicle weight.
DV8 makes some great gear and I am not going to bash on them BUT.. I saw a video a while back (might have been a LiteBrite vid - can't remember) where the DV8's were used and they bent up so badly that the driver side door could not be opened. Now in the DV8's defense they did crash down pretty hard on them but still....

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Rough Country:

I was speaking to the strength in this option: https://offroadalliance.com/DV8-Offroad-Bronco-Rock-Sliders-For-21-Ford-Bronco-FS15-Series--SRBR01/

The step option is still a frame mounted slider and mount similarly to the Rough Country's, but are not as rigid or strong as their FS-15 model sliders. Again asking what level of desired protection is needed. Overall, DV8 compared to Rough Country IMO makes a stronger product.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I was speaking to the strength in this option: https://offroadalliance.com/DV8-Offroad-Bronco-Rock-Sliders-For-21-Ford-Bronco-FS15-Series--SRBR01/

The step option is still a frame mounted slider and mount similarly to the Rough Country's, but are not as rigid or strong as their FS-15 model sliders. Again asking what level of desired protection is needed. Overall, DV8 compared to Rough Country IMO makes a stronger product.
I apologize for not answering your question correctly. I believe OEM-level slider protection with a step function for my wife and children is where I fall. I hope once I get them use to off-roading, I will need a frame mount level of protection. :wink:

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I apologize for not answering your question correctly. I believe OEM-level slider protection with a step function for my wife and children is where I fall. I hope once I get them use to off-roading, I will need a frame mount level of protection. :wink:
Ease into it, good plan. I try to go with a buy once cry once, especially in todays times with how much everything has risen. Were dealers for Rough Country as well, so let me know if we can assist! Were here whether your upgrades are mild or wild or anything inbetween!

Sponsored

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

RC Rock Sliders

These also dont look "jack friendly" for trail purposes. fairly certain there is not a way to use these rock sliders with a hilift jack which on the trail can be a big reason for using a rock slider.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I try to go with a buy once cry once,
Yeah, but got this statement last night when about to buy my RCI frame mount sliders and shock mount armor. "Honey, I don't think we are going to be smashing into boulders right away. Dear, Do we need that level of protection right away? It would be great if there was a cheaper option 🤨." It was at that moment I knew .... So here we are.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These also dont look "jack friendly" for trail purposes. fairly certain there is not a way to use these rock sliders with a hilift jack which on the trail can be a big reason for using a rock slider.
I've not seen anyone, other than you just now, comment on them not being jack friendly. There are lot of people running these not only on Broncos but on Wranglers and Gladiators.

Even if true (which I am skeptical about) it's not really an issue for me as I do not roll with a hi-lift jack anyways. I mainly don't do trails beyond moderate'ish. All I need / want in a rock slider is some added protection and a small but usable step. The RC more than covers those requirements.

Are the DV8's better? Sure, but the FS15's are also double the price they so they'd better be..

I guess it all boils down to what you actually need them for. I am not a hardcore wheeler and have no plans on bashing the crud out of them on extreme trails.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I'm going with the RC ones to replace my OEM rails. I'm really just wanting them as steps, protection from slinging rocks and maybe it'll keep clowns from hitting my doors.

MikeyJG11

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the rough country sliders and I like them a lot. They do not extend down any further than the OEM sliders that came with my Badlands. If your bronco is lifted, it is a high step.
Sponsored