jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed my console safe today. Attached pic explains why. This is a medium frame 9mm. No way I could remove/replace this jewel while practicing grip and trigger discipline.! Makes this safe NOT safe.!
Ford Bronco Console Safe Not an Option for Some.! 757B7024-5B5E-40FE-A0C3-812D3601C39B
Sponsored

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Bestop or Tuffy make an under-seat version yet for the Bronco? That's what Ive had in my jeep and I know my 3 different handguns fit.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Bestop or Tuffy make an under-seat version yet for the Bronco? That's what Ive had in my jeep and I know my 3 different handguns fit.
If you have power seats you can basically forget about under seat option. I was hoping to use a Vaultek but with the motors and wiring there is zero clearance. I have spoken to VaraSafe about making a Reach2, https://varasafety.com/collections/reach-2s/products/reach-2s that can be mounted and accessed from a console. The indicated they were interested in a product for this application. The Reach 2s would almost fit for my 43x but there is no way to remove it once installed or if the biometric fails in its current design.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I removed my console safe today. Attached pic explains why. This is a medium frame 9mm. No way I could remove/replace this jewel while practicing grip and trigger discipline.! Makes this safe NOT safe.!
What are you going to do with the Console Safe? I might be interested in it...

Only time my G43 goes in the safe is when I go into the post office - otherwise it's on me...

I've searched quite a bit and even called Tuffy direct, but haven't found anything yet - maybe it's just to early. I had Tuffy console and Tuffy under the seat in my Jeep - the console was great, but the under the seat was a PITA to access.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Only time my G43 goes in the safe is when I go into the post office - otherwise it's on me...

I've searched quite a bit and even called Tuffy direct, but haven't found anything yet - maybe it's just to early. I had Tuffy console and Tuffy under the seat in my Jeep - the console was great, but the under the seat was a PITA to access.
I have the console safe in my f150 but then again you could fit 3-4 Bronco center consoles into the f150 center console lol.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have power seats you can basically forget about under seat option. I was hoping to use a Vaultek but with the motors and wiring there is zero clearance. I have spoken to VaraSafe about making a Reach2, https://varasafety.com/collections/reach-2s/products/reach-2s that can be mounted and accessed from a console. The indicated they were interested in a product for this application. The Reach 2s would almost fit for my 43x but there is no way to remove it once installed or if the biometric fails in its current design.
Correct, but those of us with MGV dont have to worry about those power seats.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kahr should be fine...

OP
OP
jd-ford-hd

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer needs it back for another customer.!

OP
OP
jd-ford-hd

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
757B7024-5B5E-40FE-A0C3-812D3601C39B.jpeg
Just so everyone knows, the stock console opening measures a generous 7”w X 8”deep. This safe reduces that to a 4 1/2” X 5” knuckle bleeding booby trap.! Qwikdraw McGraw would have trouble pulling even my Keltec 380 and certainly not a 1911 out of this tiny orifice when milliseconds count.! I even discovered a 12 volt power point in there after removing the safe.!
Sponsored

Last edited: