M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Brand new....they should replace the tailgate not just fix it.
At one point the service scheduler mentioned that they may have to replace the tailgate. I was shocked because at that point I only knew about the one spot where the drill bit punched through. They never told me what other damage there was but saying they had to order parts and keep it for 1 1/2 weeks, there has to be more damage than the picture I showed. Iā€™ll ask the new shop about it, thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the safe cover up the Key Fob docking area? Maybe why the screws were left out.
The safe doesnā€™t cover up the key fob area, leaves that area with original floor. The two holes you see in the bottom of the safe are the ones that mount the safe to the console, and werenā€™t installed. Every time I think of the moment where I lifted the safe out of the vehicle and the service scheduler told me thatā€™s the way it works, I start šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚. Iā€™m sure the look on my face was priceless. I was like really?!? How is that secure when you can lift it up to get to the contents?? At that time I was doubting my knowledge a bit because of course the dealer knew better about their parts, so pulled up an install video and watched it with her. Yah, no!

IMG_2034.jpeg

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do not mean to offend, but both items have a difficultly level of a 1 out of 10. You need to develop some basic skills and do these installs yourself. People dread taking thier vehicles to the dealership for just about everything and this whole mess could have been avoided if you knew how to use simple hand tools.

OP
OP

M4Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not mean to offend, but both items have a difficultly level of a 1 out of 10. You need to develop some basic skills and do these installs yourself. People dread taking thier vehicles to the dealership for just about everything and this whole mess could have been avoided if you knew how to use a screwdriver.
Well I could kick myself even more than that! I bought someone elseā€™s build and didnā€™t even really need the dealer installed options. I pushed back on adding them to the sale but the salesperson said I had to take them because they were on the sticker. They were nice to haves and I paid for them so I just booked the appt for install, not knowing what it entailed or what to lookout for.

Iā€™m having a blast working on all my mods! Would have done the safe for sure but the table mount would make me nervous, esp with the mistakes exp people have made.
Sponsored