dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ideally we see an invigoration of our grids with the latest announced infrastructure plan. There's no doubt EVs have a long way to come and we'll see more exciting products in the future filling various niche's. I'm sure their prices will also come down in due time as well. I don't think anyone is "wrong" for not wanting an EV at the current moment, hell I don't want one either.
Come 3-5 years or sooner though I think the proper leaps will be made making them more accessible and practical.
defiantly agree, except for that plan to much added in to it I think but we will see. Not sure if I really would ever go electric, no clue how they work. A gas or diesel engine I can work on and maintain for many years more where I am at.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A gas or diesel engine I can work on and maintain for many years more where I am at.
Therein lies the other problem with EVs and is starting to hit ICEs too. People need to push for the right to work on their own stuff regardless of what powers it.

StockFord2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150; 2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully this is temporary and though the situation in Europe is dreadful much of this increase was here well before that party started. I just hope people remember that.

I'm not going to say I'm glad to be paying $4 a gallon but I'm going to say that due to what's going on it stings less.
I totally agree with the “increase was here well before.” Pandemic; production cutbacks; then delay in production. And, yes, it stings a little less!!

Still can’t wait for the Wildtrak beast to get here!! Gas prices aside, hopefully the interest rates will not grow at an exponential rate!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
ok but what about once more people get electric cars? i know some areas cant keep enugh power on the grid to keep from having rolling outages so what happens then. im not knocking electric i just think they have a lot further to go before id buy in to it.
It's really going to depend on the particular user situation, as to whether an electric will work or not.

My situation for example. I live in an urban area (Chicagloand), and don't have a lot of long distance driving required, and I work in IT from home. The combined mileage for my family of 4 last week, could have all been done easily on one charge. So it's not like we'd be burning up the power grid every night charging.

I think the largest distance in the past two weeks, was a trip to the norther suburbs, maybe 22 miles round trip. An electric would kill for us - would be perfect. Although I'd still want a petrol car as a second vehicle in the household, for off-road and utility stuff, and times when electric range would not suffice.

Car makers just need to get electric prices down. I bought my wife's new Kia Soul econo car for 14k two years ago. I'm not spending double that for a Chevy Bolt or Nissan Leaf. The break even point on lower operating costs would likely never be reached in my case.

But get the electrics down below 20k and it will be game over for a lot of folks needs - they will go electric.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's really going to depend on the particular user situation, as to whether an electric will work or not.

My situation for example. I live in an urban area (Chicagloand), and don't have a lot of long distance driving required, and I work in IT from home. The combined mileage for my family of 4 last week, could have all been done easily on one charge. So it's not like we'd be burning up the power grid every night charging.

I think the largest distance in the past two weeks, was a trip to the norther suburbs, maybe 22 miles round trip. An electric would kill for us - would be perfect. Although I'd still want a petrol car as a second vehicle in the household, for off-road and utility stuff, and times when electric range would not suffice.

Car makers just need to get electric prices down. I bought my wife's new Kia Soul econo car for 14k two years ago. I'm not spending double that for a Chevy Bolt or Nissan Leaf. The break even point on lower operating costs would likely never be reached in my case.

But get the electrics down below 20k and it will be game over for a lot of folks needs - they will go electric.
yes I live in the middle of no where! couple hundred miles a week. the prices I don't see coming down to fast then u need a charging station at home. hope they make them cheaper but the way things are going not sure how high prices will go first

Sponsored

Trax0r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My DD is currently a Challenger 392 which I will likely be trading in for my Wildtrak whenever it shows up. Fortunately, I work form home and my office is 2 miles away when I do need to go in. The hemi is definitely thirsty, but I'll actually get a small bump in city driving from my current 13-14 mpg to 16-17 with a Bronco. Will definitely take a hit on highway driving because I can get 24-25. Maybe by the time it gets built and delivered, the gas prices will regress back to a reasonable mean.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is a bronco politics ? without broncos we wouldn't be here.
reread the OP's question , never did they ask WHAT CAUED THE HIGH GAS PRICES !!!!
you have no reading comprehension .

HOW WILL FUEL PRICES IMPACT BRONCO SALES /

READ AND REREAD , GO PUT YOUR DUNCE CAP AND SIT IN THE CORNER
“CAUED” ??? Huh? I don’t think I would be critiquing other people’s “comprehension” of anything if you can’t spell/spell check your own post correctly……I’LL LEAVE YOU IN THE CORNER WITH YOUR DUNCE CAP JUST TO BE AN EXAMPLE FOR US OF ALL! 😃 Angry old people…..whatcha’ gonna do! 🙄

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
thank you I always wondered the cost to run it. electric wouldnt work for me i use my f250 to carry a lot of stuff around. now if they made a electric car that had solar panels on top that could always keep it charged that would be great . future
I like the appeal of an electric truck, I've asked my dealer to have me in mind as I want to order a Lightning when I'm allowed to... (weird times)

There is one that claims to be charged by the sun (and a plug) coming. Obviously is designed differently to function properly but it's free transportation if it works.
https://aptera.us/

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is one that claims to be charged by the sun (and a plug) coming. Obviously is designed differently to function properly but it's free transportation if it works.
https://aptera.us/
well not free lol what will it cost? love the idea of it

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
ok but what about once more people get electric cars? i know some areas cant keep enugh power on the grid to keep from having rolling outages so what happens then. im not knocking electric i just think they have a lot further to go before id buy in to it.
This answers your question somewhat clearly:

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
well not free lol what will it cost? love the idea of it
Nothing in life is free but the vehicle starts at $26k according to the website.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing in life is free but the vehicle starts at $26k according to the website.
thats not bad at all! not exactly family size tho im 6ft3 looks like it would be a little tight i hope the keep going like this tho

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
defiantly agree, except for that plan to much added in to it I think but we will see. Not sure if I really would ever go electric, no clue how they work. A gas or diesel engine I can work on and maintain for many years more where I am at.
I completely understand, I traded a 2005 Pontiac GTO with the LS2 V8 and 6 speeds Tremec manual for the Volt.
I work on all my cars regardless of the powertrain and enjoy learning about them. They can be modded and upgraded, just in different ways.
To give you an idea on the repairs (not including regular maintenance like tires, brake fluid flush) in 94k miles, I've replaced one horn relay ($30) and the two front window regulators (~$90 ea) one broke and the other I replaced when it started making weird noises preventively.
Brakes are considered "lifetime" on electric vehicles as they convert the motor into a generator as soon as you touch the brakes so it put backs energy into the battery.
I will need to replace the coolant and transmission fluid soon. I'll still do it myself.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.