Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?

Ford Bronco How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery [Warning: NO POLITICS] talk-amongst-yourselves-mike-myers
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only thing it could impact now that orders are done for my MY22 is if someone decides to cancel an order, which I think is unlikely knowing they could sell it easily. For MY22.5 special editions I don’t think anyone is concerned about fuel.

Last edited:

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s going to hurt it. I remember years back when gas went this high everyone sold off their SUV’s. But really all depends on how long it’s going to last. I think it’s part of their plan to make us think we need electric cars that most of us can’t afford nor have the infrastructure for everyone to charge them. I mean Cali can’t even run their air conditioners at night in the summer without blackouts. How are we all going to be charging our cars at the same time every day. Im fortunate I don’t drive to work or I would of re thought my decision on a 17mpg bronco.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. Electric is not practical for everyone. Especially in more rural areas. We do not have the infrastructure to support all out electric vehicles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?

Ford Bronco How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery [Warning: NO POLITICS] talk-amongst-yourselves-mike-myers
I think it all plays a role with the consumer. I also believe if Ford raises its prices on all existing purchasers who thought they had and MSRP established may back out as a final deal breaker... More info to come on that I guess.... If mine gets raised by 2000$ it may make pass owning the Bronco. This is my first and maybe my last Ford.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s going to hurt it. I remember years back when gas went this high everyone sold off their SUV’s. But really all depends on how long it’s going to last. I think it’s part of their plan to make us think we need electric cars that most of us can’t afford nor have the infrastructure for everyone to charge them. I mean Cali can’t even run their air conditioners at night in the summer without blackouts. How are we all going to be charging our cars at the same time every day. I'm fortunate I don’t drive to work or I would of re thought my decision on a 17mpg bronco.
Agree it's going to hurt. I remember the huge incentives on trucks last time gas was almost this expensive. So long as supply chain isn't further impacted and supply picks up a little, I'm [totally] guessing we'll see invoice and msrp with dealer stock around the new year. I think the high gas prices will last a long time. Numerous reasons I won't go in to here. Also agree lots of work needs to be done on the infrastructure.

Pretty much agree with everything you're saying except the electric affordability statement. Many on here bought/buying $50k badlands. Plenty of good electric cars in that range or less. Granted those are cars, not big off-road SUV's so it's not comparing apples to apples.

OP
OP
Badlux

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts as well, unfulfilled order holders already feel like 2nd class citizens with Ford. Raising prices would be another promise broken would push many or cancel or just resell. One pro, is if people cancel orders , it bumps others up a notch.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree it's going to hurt. I remember the huge incentives on trucks last time gas was almost this expensive. So long as supply chain isn't further impacted and supply picks up a little, I'm [totally] guessing we'll see invoice and msrp with dealer stock late this year. I think the high gas prices will last a long time. Numerous reasons I won't go in to here. Also agree lots of work needs to be done on the infrastructure.

Pretty much agree with everything you're saying except the electric affordability statement. Many on here bought/buying $50k badlands. Plenty of good electric cars in that range or less. Granted those are cars, not big off-road SUV's so it's not comparing apples to apples.
All the nice ones are too expensive for me this 42k bronco is the most expensive car I’ve owned yet. I’m not driving no Nissan Leaf. I’m all for hybrid cars and let’s redesign the catalytic converter to close to zero emission’s I’m sure it can be done.

Ev’s under 40k list just for fun

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my...ing-all-electric-cars-priced-under-40-000/amp

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco will be a weekend fun toy but if it sits around $5-6 I'm seriously doubting I will keep my order.

I'm 3/3 on nose slappings here so that's all I'll say about it, lol.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well her is a start only have 2 beers at the brewery instead of the normal 4. That will save $10 stop smoking $10, only 1 burger at McD's for lunch $7.50, ect..... there is a war going on so cut back and think of the others in the world that lost everything over night.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All the nice ones are too expensive for me this 42k bronco is the most expensive car I’ve owned yet. I’m not driving no Nissan Leaf. I’m all for hybrid cars and let’s redesign the catalytic converter to close to zero emission’s I’m sure it can be done.

Ev’s under 40k list just for fun

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my...ing-all-electric-cars-priced-under-40-000/amp
I'm right with you on most expensive vehicle with my base sasquatch. But to play devils advocate, you wouldn't have to go to a nissan leaf. Model 3's are only a couple grand more than your bronco. Mach-e starts at $44k I believe and still qualifies for tax incentive. Not even the same ballpark flippin' sport as a leaf. But also not a bronco :p

And yeah, I'm not convinced electric is that much better for the environment than an efficient ICE vehicle.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think a handful of people who would be daily driving their Bronco will start to reconsider. For those who aren’t daily driving it, I doubt their plans will be impacted substantially.

For me personally, no changes. I currently own a Ford Focus for daily driving. I was always leaning towards keeping it, but there was a small chance I would have traded it in if they gave me a good price for it. The higher the gas prices go, the less of a chance I trade it in, but I’d still consider it if they gave me more than the Focus is worth.

I will admit the Wrangler 4xe does look a lot more appealing with prices being so high. Makes me wonder if Ford has plans for a hybrid Bronco.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well her is a start only have 2 beers at the brewery instead of the normal 4. That will save $10 stop smoking $10, only 1 burger at McD's for lunch $7.50, ect..... there is a war going on so cut back and think of the others in the world that lost everything over night.
MANY folks can't afford to do any of those things anyways. Costs have risen dramatically since before any of this war stuff started. All it did was exacerbate the issue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.