First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a Nuclear mechanic, operated in the engine room of a nuclear submarine, I can tell you nuclear is safe AND efficient, and with enriched rods we don’t have to refuel but every 20 years or so…the nuclear option is good, but shit on by the environmentalist lobby. But it seems okay for the warships that defend them…
The other unfortunate aspect is the Government... yes the GOVERNMENT owns all the nuclear material/waste. Waste currently just accumulates at the site in storage tanks. We can can recycle, reprocess, and re-enrich used fuel rods for more life leaving less overall waste... but we don't.

I had the pleasure of studying Nuclear engineering while Fukushima happened. Made for great discussion, until you realize that your future career was tanking in the process. 😬
Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I completely understand, I traded a 2005 Pontiac GTO with the LS2 V8 and 6 speeds Tremec manual for the Volt.
I work on all my cars regardless of the powertrain and enjoy learning about them. They can be modded and upgraded, just in different ways.
To give you an idea on the repairs (not including regular maintenance like tires, brake fluid flush) in 94k miles, I've replaced one horn relay ($30) and the two front window regulators (~$90 ea) one broke and the other I replaced when it started making weird noises preventively.
Brakes are considered "lifetime" on electric vehicles as they convert the motor into a generator as soon as you touch the brakes so it put backs energy into the battery.
I will need to replace the coolant and transmission fluid soon. I'll still do it myself.
ya thats pretty cool I have never worked on an electric

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, these are all the questions we wish we could have answered BEFORE we bought, Eh? So I'm for posting our real-life experience here to help future buyers. The 22.5 mpg is on state highways with a 60mph speed limit and a typical 66 mph speed . . . And a mix of 45, 55 and a little 70 mph. I drive often 90 miles from Charleston to Myrtle Beach, 45-65 mph. Thats the sweet spot for this car and yields 22.5 mpg on 87 octane gas.

I do have the rear locker, which changes the gear ratio from 3.73 to 4.27, so that probably costs me 1 mpg.

Regarding Interstate travel, 75-80 mph sustained trips, my mileage drops to 20 mpg, like Charleston to Jacksonville. IMO, above 75mph, the car is no longer comfortable to drive, wind noise, a little bouncy, not easy like my previous F150 or, if you're in the Texas State Car, the Suburban! (I lived in Midland 4 years). So the OBX is probably the best you can do in a Bronco for a Texas Road car.

That said, I've never driven a Sasquatch Bronco, I avoided it due to theoretical tire noise and suspension stiffness, but the only way to test that hypotheses is to drive both on the highway and measure! I do know that Sasquatch owners report MPG figures in the teens, so we're better off there.
Thank you so much for all the information. I was honestly happy if I got 20 MPG. Sounds like I might get a bit better if I stop speeding and stick to 70mph, otherwise my worst case is better than what I was going to be happy with. Yes I avoided the SAS for the same reason. Mine will be on the road 98% of the time and the few times it is off the roads it’ll be light camping.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the increased fuel prices will affect Bronco sales, but perhaps not as drastically as we might think. Still plenty of people driving trucks, SUV's, I drive a 98 Expedition on 35's. That MF loves gas. Getting 12.5mpg on average. The Bronco is an upgrade for me.😆

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?

talk-amongst-yourselves-mike-myers.gif
Fact Check! The Broncos mileage is par for the course when compared to other 4WD trucks. A reservation or order is not a contract for purchase and does not lock in any price. If a price is locked in that is between the buyer and dealer. Ford can increase the price at any time.

Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still gonna buy one but I got my build date the same day 100 new stories came out about gas hitting 6 bucks. It gave me chills but this was never a logic driven purchase for me anyway.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
How will fuel prices impact Bronco sales / delivery

1. Will destination charges increase due to fuel costs?
2. Will more orders be canceled because of Bronco's terrible MPG?
3. Can Ford tack on any other surcharges to pass on increased manufacturing and material costs even with locked in MSRP of early reservation / order holders ?
You say no politics when the reason for all of this is liberal, environmental politicians taking a sledge hammer to the US energy market. Go figure

talk-amongst-yourselves-mike-myers.gif

Bond James

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has an order in for a Badlands. Our local dealer is very small, so we do not think we'll get the car until late 2022 or early 2023. She wants to wait it out. I am trying to get her to just cancel now. I figure in two years, production will ramp up and the "must have car of the year" will lose its shine and I suspect many people who bought one will want to unload. Demand will go down, and I think gas prices will definitely contribute to the lower demand. Maybe then I can get a used one for $10k - $15k less.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know, it seems that the majority of people in this thread are not cancelling orders based on fuel prices. But I think we are overlooking something else.
How many people are planning to run 87 octane and Eco mode instead of 91/93 and Sport mode (trim dependent)? That’s the real question 😂

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I read that a very high percentage of new Bronco owners are not trading in any vehicles. I suspect that these are being bought as toys rather than daily drivers.
Or as a replacement DD while the Toys are even less economical...These gas prices are gonna kill me. The Bronco was supposed to be my affordable car!

20220106_131436.jpg

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Therein lies the other problem with EVs and is starting to hit ICEs too. People need to push for the right to work on their own stuff regardless of what powers it.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/01/massachusetts-connected-car-right-to-repair-law-still-on-hold/
"Back in 2013, Massachusetts became the first state in the nation to pass a "right to repair" law that required carmakers to sell their proprietary diagnostic tools and software to third-party repair shops."
Woot.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im retired and on set income . I am still getting a bronco but probably won't run it as much until & hopefully all these gas prices mellow out.
if they don't I will still have one in my garage (y) :p HPR for the win

Cliff B

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979Bronco Ranger XLT, 2017 4Runnner Limited 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering the manufacturing of so many other vehicles are just as constrained as the new Bronco I doubt it. The last time prices were over $4/gallon as soon as it normalized people went right back to driving whatever they wanted to. The higher prices at the pump will likely linger till late fourth quarter from what I've read, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm old enough to remember when 16-17 mpg was really good in a full size car!

2wheel-Lee

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My thoughts as well, unfulfilled order holders already feel like 2nd class citizens with Ford. Raising prices would be another promise broken would push many or cancel or just resell. One pro, is if people cancel orders , it bumps others up a notch.
I don’t think canceled orders bumps anyone forward. I think the dealership just keeps them and sells them. It would be cool if canceled orders were actually canceled
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.