First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if Jeep stopped making the iconic Wrangler for 25 years and then announced they were bringing it back (a completely redesigned version) and got 200K reservations all at once do you think you would have got that Jeep in 2 months?
Agreed, not 2 months...but not 3 plus years either especially when we see our exact same builds going to big dealers while reservation holders still wait.
Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Veruca here. You all who have multiple cars lack the awareness then of the people who are doing trade in's. Everyday our car is not traded it loses value. And before you go down a path of 'well you should be able to cover the loss' . We can afford the vehicle payments otherwise we wouldn't be purchasing the car but no one ( I doubt even you) would want to continue to lose trade in value.
By thinking that everyone is going to be okay with a company in business as long as Ford to not be able to manage expectations is strange. They should have shut down orders long before they did. Or done select month ordering. That would not have stopped production. It would have left them in a position to catch up to the business they has already received. Allowing vehicles to continue to pile up is just going to anger people more and more, AGAIN.
We are talking about objects that are a compilation of 10's of thousands of parts and oddly enough some of the chips come from the Ukraine and if some haven't noticed there in the middle of a slight skirmish... That being said if it wasn't for the conditions we have now with all auto makers, trade in values wouldn't be artificially inflated.
Did Ford set themselves up for failure here, probably but I'm sure they are trying to get thru the back log as quick as possible. Last report has them sitting on 53k vehicles that are in need of something and can't be delivered yet. Basic math says that if each one is worth minimum 30K that would be $1,590,000,000 in unsold inventory.... I would think a number like that would garner a little attention...

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed, not 2 months...but not 3 plus years either especially when we see our exact same builds going to big dealers while reservation holders still wait.
3 plus years? They’ve been building them since June 2021, almost a year.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Veruca here. You all who have multiple cars lack the awareness then of the people who are doing trade in's. Everyday our car is not traded it loses value. And before you go down a path of 'well you should be able to cover the loss' . We can afford the vehicle payments otherwise we wouldn't be purchasing the car but no one ( I doubt even you) would want to continue to lose trade in value.
By thinking that everyone is going to be okay with a company in business as long as Ford to not be able to manage expectations is strange. They should have shut down orders long before they did. Or done select month ordering. That would not have stopped production. It would have left them in a position to catch up to the business they has already received. Allowing vehicles to continue to pile up is just going to anger people more and more, AGAIN.
you serious? Do you really think not many have trade ins that are losing value? We all feeling that sting

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are talking about objects that are a compilation of 10's of thousands of parts and oddly enough some of the chips come from the Ukraine and if some haven't noticed there in the middle of a slight skirmish... That being said if it wasn't for the conditions we have now with all auto makers, trade in values wouldn't be artificially inflated.
Did Ford set themselves up for failure here, probably but I'm sure they are trying to get thru the back log as quick as possible. Last report has them sitting on 53k vehicles that are in need of something and can't be delivered yet. Basic math says that if each one is worth minimum 30K that would be $1,590,000,000 in unsold inventory.... I would think a number like that would garner a little attention...
I work in manufacturing. Actually work specifically in semiconductor. Making the chambers for these chips. I think of all people I'm aware of the situation at hand but I also know manufacturing as a whole. Yes, some come from Ukraine but many also do not. Of course we are all aware of that situation but that still doesn't not correct their actions of bypassing early builds for later builds.

Sponsored

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF is wrong with people.

I was a day 2 reservation holder. First week order. I just got my Bronco a month ago.

Was I pissed about it taking so long? Yep

Was it a major inconvenience? You bet your ass it was. I had totaled my truck in December of 2020, so we were down a car for 2 years.

But to sit here and pretend that Ford is the only one having issues delivering product without ridiculous delays is just dumb.

A friend of mine ordered a Willy's Wrangler in January. Originally they were told told they would have it in April. They have already been pushed out twice. As of right now they are lucky if they get it in June.

So go ahead and move on to a Jeep. They are special and can deliver tomorrow, unlike the rest of the world. 🙄

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3 plus years? They’ve been building them since June 2021, almost a year.
The original statement was I wont see my Bronco for 3 plus years, not that I have waited that long.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The original statement was I wont see my Bronco for 3 plus years, not that I have waited that long.
Just unlucky timing by ford to rollout the bronco during a pandemic and the added supply chain issues. Hopefully they can improve those delivery times for the early reservation holders.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's perfectly reasonable for folks that were Produced, then parked, to be annoyed at vehicles being built/delivered after their's. It's not entitled, it's not whiny. I think most would have preferred to have not been built at all rather than be in chip hold purgatory.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been riding 25+ yrs and I get the same response. Just a ton of fun to drive. Next up rock rails and better audio....

mine.jpg
Love the green color. That’s my one negative in actually getting my 2021 in November- I didn’t have this option. The sound upgrade will vastly increase the fun factor too!

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's perfectly reasonable for folks that were Produced, then parked, to be annoyed at vehicles being built/delivered after their's. It's not entitled, it's not whiny. I think most would have preferred to have not been built at all rather than be in chip hold purgatory.
Its reasonable to be annoyed but not to freak out! It is more than obvious when someone is being entitled and whiny, and being upset that someone else gets a Bronco before you is certainly pointing in that direction. You should be happy for them, but no its all about ME ME ME. If you don't want to wait, get something else nobody is forcing you and nobody owes you anything, much less a Bronco.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its reasonable to be annoyed but not to freak out! It is more than obvious when someone is being entitled and whiny, and being upset that someone else gets a Bronco before you is certainly pointing in that direction. You should be happy for them, but no its all about ME ME ME. If you don't want to wait, get something else nobody is forcing you and nobody owes you anything, much less a Bronco.
You have no idea how I'm feeling about others. I'm not upset that people are getting them. I am happy people are receiving broncos. I am upset at Ford for releasing vehicles that were built after mine as others that are waiting. I want everyone to get theirs and not be stuck on hold like I and several other from my group. But I want Ford to take ownership of the shit storm they have created.
This isn't something personal towards other people in groups after me. This me against a company who has lacked any sort of proper level of communication/or production. Your assumptions of my previous comments were incorrect.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people aren't directing their scorn at a new owner. It's at Ford and the build completion process. So yes, I'm annoyed when 50, 100, 1000 of my exact build get built after mine that's parked. No, it's not directed at the consumer. It's at the producer of the good.

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been riding 25+ yrs and I get the same response.
This is the best thing I’ve read all day. Had to sell my bike last summer and I’m hoping to replace some of those joy-riding smiles with a Bronco….

….Unfortunately, I continued reading the rest of this thread’s posts and got depressed. This whole thing went downhill real fast.
Sponsored