Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear Quinn (74Weld) and others refer to whoops on trails.

Tried searching around and mainly get off road rigs turned over or on fire. ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ‘€

What are they, exactly? Is it a race term? ๐Ÿค”
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like motocross whoops?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's short for Whoop-dee-doos, and as shown above, they're just rolling bumps that make you pitch forward and back rapidly. On a bike you can just graze the top of each one if you're going fast enough. (I suppose you could do that in a Bronco, too. But I'm not.)

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe like the weeeeeeeeeeee roads that we rode in the back of the Country Squire as kids?
Hey, we had these on the old I-10 Baytown bridge on the east side of Houston. Loved those things! "Whoomp. Whoomp. Whoomp."

Like motocross whoops?
I think so... Quinn refers to them all the time in his videos and the Snail Trail 4x4 podcast episode, but especially in some race he was in in the latter. Seems likely it's similar at least, although I don't know what they are in motocross either...

Something a little sinister about that...

Whoops are what the pic posted above is showing....... we also refer to going over them fast in the dersert as " mobbin" lol
Love it!

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's short for Whoop-dee-doos, and as shown above, they're just rolling bumps that make you pitch forward and back rapidly. On a bike you can just graze the top of each one if you're going fast enough. (I suppose you could do that in a Bronco, too. But I'm not.)
Winner winner, Bronco dinner! Hit some of these in the highway in Missouri near Mark Train National Park, which was pretty fun going faster. I figured it was just unmaintained highway, not intentional.