Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And something else you are not looking at is interest rates. Wating a week could be the difference between 3.5% and 4%, and that over the course of a loan is well worth $3K.

I'm seeing a $700 difference over 5 years of financing $50k.

Ford Bronco Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23... Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 11.59.15 AM
Sponsored

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
22 makes it a deuce coupe.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahhhhh, speculating......

Crush0205

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm seeing a $700 difference over 5 years of financing $50k.

Ford Bronco Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23... Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 11.59.15 AM

Ehh those aren't real numbers, the average person isn't putting 10K down, and the average length of a long is closer to 72 months now. So I'd say the difference is closer to $1k if you put down $5K with a 72-month loan.

That's not a huge number difference but that's the point really. Most people would rather get their Bronco sooner than potentially missing out on $1K - $2Kin real-world resell value.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ehh those aren't real numbers, the average person isn't putting 10K down, and the average length of a long is closer to 72 months now. So I'd say the difference is closer to $1k if you put down $5K with a 72-month loan.

That's not a huge number difference but that's the point really. Most people would rather get their Bronco sooner than potentially missing out on $1K - $2Kin real-world resell value.

You are correct in that!

Reading through responses on this thread, I now see that being an F&I guy at a Ford dealership would be a sweet gig...

Sponsored

pjbinns

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the Mod top becomes a reality for MY23 I would wait. If the Mod top becomes late availability for MY23 or locked behind a special edition I'm considering waiting for the MY24 refresh. A late availability Mod top would make it highly unlikely I will even get a MY23 considering allocation and all the other people waiting in 99 status ahead of me at SAC.
I honestly cannot imagine anyone believing anything coming from Ford at this point. They said the Modular painted hard tops would be a 2023 option, so there is a 0% chance that it's true. Ford does not follow through with anything, and they will 1000% not offer these tops in 2023, maybe 2024 but even that would be unlikely. What will happen, is the 2023 will come out with a Bronco that has less options and more cheaply made, they will hike the prices because of "inflation" and "shortages" despite record profits, and you will get a worse bronco for higher MSRP and an interest rate tripled from the time you reserved way back a couple model years ago.

This does sound negative, because it is. This is the brutal reality with this vehicle rollout. Ford will drop price protection, and deliver crap, because they can, and they have proven they do not care one bit about customers or their experience. They are probably amused at the reaction to their lack of communication, frustrated customers are just jokes to them. If they were open honest and would communicate, the answer to all of this would officially be "We don't care, buy it or don't"

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just want my Jan built 22 anytime this year- have a feeling ford is going to give me yet another kick in the nuts when they deliver my 1/22 built vehicle in 2023!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I'm wondering why people are upset their '22 may become a '23 if they're in the next week's scheduling. Doesn't seem to make financial sense.
Financial sense.
Well, buying any new vehicle doesn’t make financial sense. Already planning resell of a new vehicle you haven’t even bought yet doesn’t make financial sense. What other financial wisdom do you have for us? Hot investment tips?

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally 99'd waiting for the MOD top, but I was told late 21 availability when I ordered, then received an email after the March cut -off stating that it would be MY22. Then the news was released that it will be a MY23 option. So based on FORD's track record, I reordered when the MY22 order banks open with the MIC. Having said all that, I am not ordering this vehicle with resale in mind. I'm replacing a 2005 LJ, so if I'm still wheeling it 17 years from now I'll be happy. Especially since I will be 77 years old by then

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would much rather have an early 2023 than a late 2022. I 99ed my 2021 order last August when it was within a couple months of hitting close to the MY22 switch as I was afraid I would get scheduled with my old order. Now I did think my MY22 order would have been scheduled early(scheduled 6/13) but it is a more complex order than the first one.
I’m much later to the game as I just now got finances together to order this next opening but how does that work?

Say I order in September for a 23, then ford announced hybrid version and refresh available for 24.

Do I tell dealer to 99 my order and change to a 24 if it’s not been scheduled yet?

Sponsored
OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Financial sense.
Well, buying any new vehicle doesn’t make financial sense. Already planning resell of a new vehicle you haven’t even bought yet doesn’t make financial sense. What other financial wisdom do you have for us? Hot investment tips?
Yes. The book INNUMERACY: MATHEMATICAL ILLITERATENESS AND ITS CONSEQUENCES by John Allen Paulos is a good read.

And US Treasury Series I bonds are a good investment at a guaranteed 9.62%, assuming you have $10,000 you don't mind tieing up for the 12 months.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
I will happily trade my 2021 in for anyone that gets a 2023 2 door Base and just can't stand the thought of it. Plus, mine has proved it's longevity and toughness by getting hit by a city bus and making it out alive. (With a few band-aids from a Ford bodyshop.)

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And there's people here that have been patiently waiting, hoping to get their Bronco to enjoy it before they can't because of health reasons. And I don't give a shit what the resale is because it will not be sold by me.
I hope you get it soon to enjoy brother!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's super rare for us to sell a vehicle in less than 8 years and I'm likely to keep my Bronco for much longer than that, especially since it will only see about 8-10k miles each year. The sooner I take delivery of my 7/20/20 reservation, the better.
I usually change out a vehicle after 3-4 years... MAYBE 5 if I really like it.. but by that time, it's well over 100k miles, and reliability becomes a concern. I don't want to have to worry about a 6 year old vehicle with 125k miles on it leaving me stranded on the side of the highway. I dealt with that in my 20's... I'm past those days by a long shot now!
Sponsored