Sponsored

Changing Physical Key on Bronco Door (Key fob & Bronco stolen, but we took it back)

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they know exactly who stole their stuff if they stole it from your house. They may be back.
Hopefully they think the cops recovered it
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh we really messed up their haul. Shoes, Full pill bottles, make up (??) , basketballs and other ID's etc... I'm sure they were like MF'er someone just stole our stolen stuff... Cops took it all.
Serves them right!

Ford Bronco Changing Physical Key on Bronco Door (Key fob & Bronco stolen, but we took it back) 814E32DA-5301-48AE-A114-A3F04BF861FC

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think (possibly optimistically) that the Bronco uses the same key cylinder as the Ranger. Since they are made in the same factory as all.

I can recall lots of times where I needed parts for a vehicle where it was new enough that the parts were not in the computer, but I was able to get the right part by finding out where else Ford used it. (like when I ordered Explorer steering parts for my Ranger)

Sponsored

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it was in a driveway, at a house? And you didnt get the cops to arrive with proof your car was at that house to make an arrest? Or at least grab photos of people getting inside? How long did they have it?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m assuming your friends, Smith and Wesson, we’re along for that ride. I agree with calling the cops to meet you at the address to recover the truck.

My wife was involved in a hit and run accident (DUI rear ended her at 45 mph when she was stopped at a light) a few years back, PD response was slow and unsatisfactory. Later that day one of my wife’s colleagues saw the vehicle that likely hit her in an apartment complex parking lot, my wife went to verify and get information off the car for our insurance company. When she arrived and saw the car she called PD and asked them to respond to investigate, they told her they would send someone later in the day and instructed her to leave the scene for her own safety. She told them that she was armed and fully capable of defending herself if the suspects returned, two cops responded within two minutes. In the end the investigation didn’t yield any results as the vehicle was stolen and had bad plates from another vehicle. This was in Flagstaff, AZ and the driver and occupants of the vehicle were native, so once they made it back to the reservation the city cops had no authority.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think (possibly optimistically) that the Bronco uses the same key cylinder as the Ranger. Since they are made in the same factory as all.

I can recall lots of times where I needed parts for a vehicle where it was new enough that the parts were not in the computer, but I was able to get the right part by finding out where else Ford used it. (like when I ordered Explorer steering parts for my Ranger)
This.

It is a Ford at the end of the day

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've rekeyed locks before so it's not a big deal with the exception of taking them out, apart, replacing a couple of the wafers and cutting a couple new backup keys. Either way, the locks will have to come out because the new sets have to be built based on the key code or cuts. This probably doesn't make a lot of sense but the cheaper route is to pull and disassemble current cylinders, replace one or two wafers and cut 2 new backup keys.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do still they sell the steering wheel locks? Might be good to invest in one of those, at least they couldn't move the vehicle. There has to be more to this story, did you call the police? Tell them where you found the vehicle, get prints, etc? In Austin they would tell you great job and not do anything to the perpetrators.
Sounds like Austin cops are as bad/worthless as the Uvalde cops?

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to use a steering wheel lock years ago when I lived in DC. A friend told me about how car thieves use the steering wheel as a lever to break itself off of the steering column and then simply set the mess aside and (somehow - with a tool perhaps?) drive with the column alone.

Short version: steering wheel locks like "The Club" are easily defeated by motivated thieves.

OP might consider changing plates if that's an option. If the thieves do want to retaliate, no sense identifying the vehicle for them.
Sponsored