Sponsored

Has anyone NOT picked up their bronco? any experiences with reselling their MY22?

grovex017

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the past month, I have been mulling over this. My dealership messed up my build and forgot my sasquatch package on my 2 door badlands.
I personally do not like the look of the badlands w/o the sasquatch package. I also question if it would affect my resell. The way I'm thinking about it, you have all these extras of the badlands but then no sasquatch?
Adding new larger tires is going to be the same as the cost of a sasquatch or more.

I guess I am wondering what you would do in my situation or has anyone been in my situation?
It just feels like a lot of money (planning to pay out of pocket) when I'm not 100% on it.

I am sincerely considering not taking and going to a different dealership to order a MY23 when banks open.

A little more backstory:
I didn't see it (my fault) until after I got my VIN. Then the dealership proceeded to dick me around. After I asked if they could add it, I've heard of people getting it added post-VIN, they tried to tell me I didn't need it yada yada, tried to sell me on new tires "just pick it up and then order a new one".

I do NOT trust this dealership. The whole thing has been a nightmare since I ordered (like most). I've asked several times for a pricing agreement, even after I got my VIN and now I have a window sticker.... they refuse. I also noticed they won't put things in writing. So who the hell knows what they will even do when it does show up.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion?

Assuming you can get your dealer to sell the vehicle to you at an acceptable price... just put on 315/70r17 tires. $1900. Add a 1" leveling kit or a perch collar... $60. Boom, you got the Sasquatch look for less than the Sasquatch price.

Since you ordered a Badlands you already got the HOSS 2.0 suspension and you got the front locker. If you got the automatic I guess you could argue you are missing out on the 4.70 axle ratio, but if you are sticking with 35" tires there really is no need for anything more than the 4.46. These things have a 10 speed transmission, it isn't like the 5 speed automatics of old. So it seems silly not to take delivery of a vehicle because it doesn't have the correct wheels and tires, which is THE easiest thing to change on a vehicle aftermarket.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 35s you get with SAS pick up rocks like there is no tomorrow. Pretty much any aftermarket tire will be better. I'm agreed with Ragnarkon.

You gotta get pricing figured out though. you are worried about the price of 35" tires, when the dealership is going to tack on 15k in adm.

OP
OP

grovex017

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opinion?

Assuming you can get your dealer to sell the vehicle to you at an acceptable price... just put on 315/70r17 tires. $1900. Add a 1" leveling kit or a perch collar... $60. Boom, you got the Sasquatch look for less than the Sasquatch price.

Since you ordered a Badlands you already got the HOSS 2.0 suspension and you got the front locker. If you got the automatic I guess you could argue you are missing out on the 4.70 axle ratio, but if you are sticking with 35" tires there really is no need for anything more than the 4.46. These things have a 10 speed transmission, it isn't like the 5 speed automatics of old. So it seems silly not to take delivery of a vehicle because it doesn't have the correct wheels and tires, which is THE easiest thing to change on a vehicle aftermarket.

Thank you! I appreciate the input.

For aftermarket install would you suggest only going to a ford dealer or just anywhere? I don't trust myself enough to do any DIYs. I've heard of issues putting lifts in etc. Also w/o the camera extended in the back of like the sasquatch won't that affect having my spare back there?

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with the other posts. It's easy to make a Badlands look and ride like SAS without buying the "ugly wheels and rock-throwing tires". I wouldn't personally consider resale value while buying a new vehicle. However, the stock Badlands will always be desirable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with the above responses. You can throw aftermarket parts on it for the same money while also giving it your personal touch to set it apart from the factory SAS look. Find a reputable off road shop in your area and you’ll be fine.

I’m debating actually buying mine also. I’m getting a great deal on it but I’m on the fence between “do I actually need it” and “will I regret letting the dealer have it”… Should I buy it and then if I decide 3 months later I can live without it be able to break even? I’m worried the availability of Broncos and the interest rates increasing will kill the ridiculous used market we have been seeing.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! I appreciate the input.

For aftermarket install would you suggest only going to a ford dealer or just anywhere? I don't trust myself enough to do any DIYs. I've heard of issues putting lifts in etc. Also w/o the camera extended in the back of like the sasquatch won't that affect having my spare back there?
I personally would do it myself.

Any 4x4 shop and most general tire/brake/suspension shops should be able to do the install. Not difficult at all. If you dealer as an aftermarket department, they can do it as well. Probably would be under $500 to do the install.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
If "anyone" has a bronco coming in....and does "not" take it....you are kind of being a fool...you can immediately sell it for a 10-15k profit. If you don't want to "hassle" with selling it...or don't really care for the 10-15k, then I guess it would be ok to let the dealer have it...and "they" can make the 10-15k or more profit... my .02

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i
For the past month, I have been mulling over this. My dealership messed up my build and forgot my sasquatch package on my 2 door badlands.
I personally do not like the look of the badlands w/o the sasquatch package. I also question if it would affect my resell. The way I'm thinking about it, you have all these extras of the badlands but then no sasquatch?
Adding new larger tires is going to be the same as the cost of a sasquatch or more.

I guess I am wondering what you would do in my situation or has anyone been in my situation?
It just feels like a lot of money (planning to pay out of pocket) when I'm not 100% on it.

I am sincerely considering not taking and going to a different dealership to order a MY23 when banks open.

A little more backstory:
I didn't see it (my fault) until after I got my VIN. Then the dealership proceeded to dick me around. After I asked if they could add it, I've heard of people getting it added post-VIN, they tried to tell me I didn't need it yada yada, tried to sell me on new tires "just pick it up and then order a new one".

I do NOT trust this dealership. The whole thing has been a nightmare since I ordered (like most). I've asked several times for a pricing agreement, even after I got my VIN and now I have a window sticker.... they refuse. I also noticed they won't put things in writing. So who the hell knows what they will even do when it does show up.
i have non sas badlands, just bought sas wheels AND tires from a guy, i didnt mind them with 15K miles so i paid $950 for ALL 5, GREAT value, however, for $2K or just under you can buy 5 sas wheels and tires from someone all day!! and like a comment before get a perch collar lift for $150+labor to put it on and your actually a bit higher than SAS and no longer wait!!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 35s you get with SAS pick up rocks like there is no tomorrow. Pretty much any aftermarket tire will be better. I'm agreed with Ragnarkon.

You gotta get pricing figured out though. you are worried about the price of 35" tires, when the dealership is going to tack on 15k in adm.
Which tires pick up rocks, the Goodyear Territory or the Ko2 AT?

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The rock throwing tire comments on here make me crack up. Yeah who wants a set of off road tires that are actually safe in rain, snow and ice. I’ve got them on my truck they don’t throw rocks anymore than any other off-road tire that can actually be used safely on road are relatively quiet and corner well. If I were you and you wanted to have a stock look buy a set of SAS take offs.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rock throwing tire comments on here make me crack up. Yeah who wants a set of off road tires that are actually safe in rain, snow and ice. I’ve got them on my truck they don’t throw rocks anymore than any other off-road tire that can actually be used safely on road are relatively quiet and corner well. If I were you and you wanted to have a stock look buy a set of SAS take offs.
It is funny. I'll give you that. Every time I see a set I can count the rocks in them. I can't do that with any other tire out there.

or..he can buy a set of nice after market wheels and descent set of tires.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im interested in user feedback on the Goodyear Territory, because they now make it in 275/70R18, which are 33's that can be directly mounted on the non-SAS OBX 18" wheels without a lift, but add an inch in height and tread width. I mostly use it for commuting and occasional beach off road trips. Is it noisy? Is it not too bouncy as a C rated tire. It's a great gift for stock OBX users who want a little more tire size without going overboard!

SmartSelect_20220818-000812_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220815-233631_Chrome.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is funny. I'll give you that. Every time I see a set I can count the rocks in them. I can't do that with any other tire out there.

or..he can buy a set of nice after market wheels and descent set of tires.
I'd like to know your experience beyond gravel. How are the TerritoryMT tires as highway tires? Noise? Harsh ride?
Sponsored