Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice ride. I am digging the Bronco Raptor in area 51. Let us know your impressions after you have logged a few miles. I can't wait to see one in person. My local dealer received one for a customer but I didn't make it down there to check it out.
Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A 4 door bronco kind of reminds me of this (the Braptor flares surprisingly might be an improvement on this):

1665680660903.png

The only "real" Bronco other than the Raptor is the 2-door.
Initially, I liked the look of the 2 doors, but my opinion has changed and I think the 4-door is more attractive and proportionate. If I was to get a 2-door, I would not want the Sas package (for appearance reasons - 2-door Sas looks a little silly to me - but it doesn't matter what I think). I somewhat reject the notion that any of us have any say or credibility to call out what a real bronco is - times change and it's whatever Ford says it is, and our opinions are nothing more than opinions. Ford has done a fantastic job of creating a history and lore around this brand that never existed 3 years ago. Bronco was an obscure, primitive, and inconsistent car that was never very popular, capable, or well constructed. Now we're all acting like we've had some longstanding obsession with it as if its "roots" matter somehow. Everyone is a sucker for good marketing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 74 early bronco, obviously a two door. A 4 door in todays world is more practical. How many 2 door F150s does anyone really see now a days? There are far more 4 door F150s out there. No matter what anyone says, the Braptor is a bad b*tch (even with the big ugly fender flares).

Long live the Braptor!

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmm yes - there is a blue and grey theme here at my house apparently!
Your A51 Raptor looks great. And don't worry about the redundant color theme. My wife and I have matching Rapid Red vehicles and we love it:

IMG_20211219_162102954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211012_104443508_HDR.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked my A51 Raptor yesterday. Wow the ride is impressive - was worried about the width but didn’t notice the difference much from my ‘21 BadSquatch here on SoCal roads. Feels pretty easy to drive. Got my trailer hooked up and managed to stuff both in my garage. Squat is noticeably less than my ‘21. Gas mileage is noticeably worse - not surprising. It’s fun to play with the different Raptor settings and I’m looking forward to some trail testing later this week.
I forgot about something funny in the delivery process: one of my fender flares has a very small defect, when I opened the back pre-PDI, ford had tossed a new fender In the back!
I though that was pretty awesome :)
Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance IMG_20211012_104443508_HDR
Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance IMG_20211012_104443508_HDR
I'm in love. Gosh I thought SAS Broncos were big.

Jpa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchase
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Picked my A51 Raptor yesterday. Wow the ride is impressive - was worried about the width but didn’t notice the difference much from my ‘21 BadSquatch here on SoCal roads. Feels pretty easy to drive. Got my trailer hooked up and managed to stuff both in my garage. Squat is noticeably less than my ‘21. Gas mileage is noticeably worse - not surprising. It’s fun to play with the different Raptor settings and I’m looking forward to some trail testing later this week.
I forgot about something funny in the delivery process: one of my fender flares has a very small defect, when I opened the back pre-PDI, ford had tossed a new fender In the back!
I though that was pretty awesome :)
That is awesome !!! Congratulations and thanks for the information and pictures. Feel free to send more and let us know how it rides. I Haven’t been able to drive the Raptor. So I’m curious can you tell a huge difference in performance?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Initially, I liked the look of the 2 doors, but my opinion has changed and I think the 4-door is more attractive and proportionate. If I was to get a 2-door, I would not want the Sas package (for appearance reasons - 2-door Sas looks a little silly to me - but it doesn't matter what I think). I somewhat reject the notion that any of us have any say or credibility to call out what a real bronco is - times change and it's whatever Ford says it is, and our opinions are nothing more than opinions. Ford has done a fantastic job of creating a history and lore around this brand that never existed 3 years ago. Bronco was an obscure, primitive, and inconsistent car that was never very popular, capable, or well constructed. Now we're all acting like we've had some longstanding obsession with it as it its "roots" matter somehow. Everyone is a sucker for good marketing.
I've replied before that it's a generational thing, 30 or 40 years ago kids would not be caught dead driving a 4 door to school (that was mommy's car) and there weren't any 4 door performance cars. That has now changed and most kids want a 4 door.

I wanted a 2 door because I always wanted an early bronco. I can see and understand why people will buy a 4 door for "practicality". As far as looks, that's up to ones personal preference.

BTW, the early bronco is just as capable as any other 4wd vehicle at the time and they do have a history. If they didn't they would not be able to command the prices they are getting for them now.

Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance Jeep-Liberty-Convertible-1a

As far as 4 doors, I never even considered a Jeep Liberty before, but after seeing this picture, I almost want to buy a beat up one and cut the roof off of it.

Sponsored

Jpa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchase
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Warthog is the internal name for the Bronco Raptor during development. I wish they would have kept that name.

spy photo 15 months ago

Ford Bronco Took delivery of my Area 51 Bronco Raptor - 80/20 on looks but 100% on performance Jeep-Liberty-Convertible-1a
I agree Warthog does sound better!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I drive a F150 Raptor and have a Warthog on order. So it is much easier to say I have in my garage a Raptor and Warthog as oppose to F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor.

I agree Warthog does sound better!

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've replied before that it's a generational thing, 30 or 40 years ago kids would not be caught dead driving a 4 door to school (that was mommy's car) and there weren't any 4 door performance cars. That has now changed and most kids want a 4 door.

I wanted a 2 door because I always wanted an early bronco. I can see and understand why people will buy a 4 door for "practicality". As far as looks, that's up to ones personal preference.

BTW, the early bronco is just as capable as any other 4wd vehicle at the time and they do have a history. If they didn't they would not be able to command the prices they are getting for them now.

As far as 4 doors, I never even considered a Jeep Liberty before, but after seeing this picture, I almost want to buy a beat up one and cut the roof off of it.
Ha that Liberty does look pretty cool!

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your A51 Raptor looks great. And don't worry about the redundant color theme. My wife and I have matching Rapid Red vehicles and we love it:

Rapid red is so much nicer than race red (IMO) - most underrated color.

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on your new addition! Thanks for being a part of the Ford Family!
Nice that multiple people in this thread have a tough choice in choosing between which bronco they want to keep while others can’t even get their DAY 1 order! Amazing that @Ford Motor Company has failed so many times at their initial promise to early reservation holders! Congrats on your new rig OP, eat a fat one FORD!
Sponsored