Sponsored

Mabett Introduces Brown PU Leather Custom Seat Covers for Ford Bronco!

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
synthetic leather
But wait...... A quick google search shows there is an actual Napa leather.
"Napa leather or just napa is the general name for soft smooth leather from hides of different animals (aniline leather, semi aniline leather). It is a full grain smooth leather.
Napa leather was originally only the name for glove and clothing leather, named after the Napa Valley, California, USA. This leather was known for its particular smooth and supple softness."

So Mabett, are these actual napa leather or a synthetic material?
Sponsored

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Napa leather or just napa is the general name for soft smooth leather from hides of different animals (aniline leather, semi aniline leather). It is a full grain smooth leather.
Napa leather was originally only the name for glove and clothing leather, named after the Napa Valley, California, USA. This leather was known for its particular smooth and supple softness."

I have the set and they are not real leather. Not what I was expecting when I bought them based on the use of "leather" without "synthetic" but also not a shock due to the price. But yes, napa/nappa leather is a premium leather and for sure NOT a code name for synthetic.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, I assumed it wasn't real leather based on the price alone. But yeah, if the word "Napa" is a type of real leather, then maybe @Mabett should chose a better description based on the confusion.

JMullikin51

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang , 2004 BMW M3 , 2022 BMW 330I M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea , they`re vinyl . The brown on the covers I received does not look like it does in the photos either . I`m returning this garbage . It looks as though the advertisement photos were made from real leather , then the actual product was made from vinyl . Feels very deceptive , especially with the evasive answers to questions posed .

Last edited:

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea , they`re vinyl . The brown on the covers I received does not look like it does in the photos either . I`m returning this garbage . It looks as though the advertisement photos were made from real leather , then the actual product was made from vinyl . Feels very deceptive , especially with the evasive answers to questions posed .
Damn really?!? That sucks. They looked great in the pics. Bummer.

Sponsored

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of course it’s vinyl, even most vinyl seat covers for the bronco cost 600+ dollars cmon guys

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry for everyone, the material of the seat cover is artificial leather, they are just similar in texture to Napa, I will not avoid problem, I launched an investigation yesterday, before that, I did not Check the relevant definition of Napa leather, most of the material suppliers in China did not explain whether Napa leather is animal leather or artificial leather

I don't mean to misdescribe because I don't know the definition of Napa leather and I never said that Napa leather is made from animal leather

I will remove all descriptions of napa leather, if you want real napa leather, please return it on amazon for a refund, and as compensation, I can give you an item under $30 for free

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
are these real animal leather or fake/pleather?
Sorry for everyone, the material of the seat cover is artificial leather, they are just similar in texture to Napa, I will not avoid problem, I launched an investigation yesterday, before that, I did not Check the relevant definition of Napa leather, most of the material suppliers in China did not explain whether Napa leather is animal leather or artificial leather

I don't mean to misdescribe because I don't know the definition of Napa leather and I never said that Napa leather is made from animal leather

I will remove all descriptions of napa leather, if you want real napa leather, please return it on amazon for a refund, and as compensation, I can give you an item under $30 for free

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the set and they are not real leather. Not what I was expecting when I bought them based on the use of "leather" without "synthetic" but also not a shock due to the price. But yes, napa/nappa leather is a premium leather and for sure NOT a code name for synthetic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, I assumed it wasn't real leather based on the price alone. But yeah, if the word "Napa" is a type of real leather, then maybe @Mabett should chose a better description based on the confusion.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Could you say it again for those in back?

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com