Sponsored

Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco!

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update in post #94, made my own!

I tried this one, too heavy, adds 15 lbs to the tailgate, and too thick when folded, takes up 2.5".
Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669780854953

This one is much lighter at around 5 lbs but needs drilling and it's also 2.5" thick when folded. I tested the latch fitment and this one's going to rattle. It's made for jeep but being sold as fitting the bronco.
Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669781103535

There's the Ford oem table and a couple others but I'm not crazy about the pricing, especially since they all encroach into the cargo area by about 2.5". The 2 door cargo area is only 22" deep, so I need to be deliberate about what to put in there without wasting space!

Then after all my searching, I think the smartest is a diy that a jeep owner posted on youtube.
I like that it's thin when folded, it's dead silent nothing to rattle, and no latching system just a magnet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JCR is around an inch folded. Maybe heavier than you want though, it's one of the more substantial designs. No rattles either.

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
The JCR is around an inch folded. Maybe heavier than you want though, it's one of the more substantial designs. No rattles either.

I looked at it but I don't like the price $280, and those rubber latches stick out too much. I do like that it's aluminum but they should replace the rubber things with a magnet, use a piano hinge, and paracord instead of the cables. Ya you probably guessed it, I think I'll have to make one myself!
Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669782203433

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had the JCR table for almost a year and love it. Expensive? Yes. But it’s stout. I thought I’d hate the rubber handles when I installed it but they hold it tight and it doesn’t rattle.

I also thought I’d need to swap out the metal cables but so far it’s been quiet and trouble free.

I really like the molle panel. I have a first aid kit and a couple other small things on it.

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had the JCR table for almost a year and love it. Expensive? Yes. But it’s stout. I thought I’d hate the rubber handles when I installed it but they hold it tight and it doesn’t rattle.

I also thought I’d need to swap out the metal cables but so far it’s been quiet and trouble free.

I really like the molle panel. I have a first aid kit and a couple other small things on it.
Maybe for the 4 door but us 2 door broncos can’t be doing any molle pouches and even if I had the space I just wouldn’t use molle pouches, definitely not on the tailgate!

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like this idea and may try to use it with a couple of tweaks. I’m a little skeptical of the taped on hinge.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe for the 4 door but us 2 door broncos can’t be doing any molle pouches and even if I had the space I just wouldn’t use molle pouches, definitely not on the tailgate!
If you are that worried about weight on the tailgate, why not just get a small aluminum camp table and only have it in the Bronco when you need it?

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At times I wish I had the cutting board slide out as more flat space is always key. But I also love the JCR Molle table and set mine up to be really functional.

JBL Clip 4 speaker
Battery kit - Jumper pack and cables
Tire kit - ARB air hose, air accessories, tire plug kit, gloves, socket wrench
Light kit - LED road flares, chem lights, good quality flashlight, amber chase light covers
Knife
Tourniquet
Ax
Fold down cup holder
Dometic faucet mount
6 charging cables running to external battery that charges while driving

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
At times I wish I had the cutting board slide out as more flat space is always key. But I also love the JCR Molle table and set mine up to be really functional.

JBL Clip 4 speaker
Battery kit - Jumper pack and cables
Tire kit - ARB air hose, air accessories, tire plug kit, gloves, socket wrench
Light kit - LED road flares, chem lights, good quality flashlight, amber chase light covers
Knife
Tourniquet
Ax
Fold down cup holder
Dometic faucet mount
6 charging cables running to external battery that charges while driving

IMG_7094.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_7098.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_7099.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_7100.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_7101.HEIC.jpeg
You set it up the way that suits you so that's what matters but some of those pouches can be stowed in other places. Even the 4-door doesn't have a very deep cargo space so I wouldn't use it up with pouches.

In the hard top, the space along the side rails is useable for pouches. Add some velcro tape and you get the picture! I'll probably bend up a piece of 1/16 aluminum plate (yellow lines) and mount it on both sides for storage trays.
Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669825503411

Sponsored
OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are that worried about weight on the tailgate, why not just get a small aluminum camp table and only have it in the Bronco when you need it?
I don't worry, let's get that out of the way, and adding unnecessary weight is not smart!

I have a folding aluminum camp table but it's serves a different purpose than a tailgate table.

I like the idea of a tailgate table, it just needs to be thought out better than anything that's currently available. My brain is on working on it ;) !

Reactions: rws

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the Ford OEM table using points….didn’t pay a dime otherwise.
Love it and have used it multiple times camping and for a quick roadside lunch while traveling out west.
it’s latch system is tight and prevents any rattles, (or at least none that I’ve heard).
Last, not sure if they have a different version for a two door but mine is a 4 door and it isn’t much more than an inch thick when closed.
Bottom line: I like it although it does require drilling holes and you absolutely need to be careful in doing so. Some have inadvertently drilled through to the exterior of the tailgate by not being careful.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't worry, let's get that out of the way, and adding unnecessary weight is not smart!

I have a folding aluminum camp table but it's serves a different purpose than a tailgate table.

I like the idea of a tailgate table, it just needs to be thought out better than anything that's currently available. My brain is on working on it ;) !
Gotcha!!

Keep us posted on what you do. I think the hardtop storage idea you posted above too. That would be sweet!

slcvv22

Badlands
First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have the Mabett one - has worked great for us. I just checked on Amazon, though, and see that it is not currently available.
Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! IMG_2863
Sponsored