Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What better way to spend a few minutes than watching me blabber about what I consider the BEST tailgate table option for your Bronco!

Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a quick search and couldn't find weight limit. Think it would hold a 20 lbs chainsaw and tools? $500 seems like a lot. Saw another on Amazon that was rated for like 160 lbs and costs $80, no drilling as well.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did a quick search and couldn't find weight limit. Think it would hold a 20 lbs chainsaw and tools? $500 seems like a lot. Saw another on Amazon that was rated for like 160 lbs and costs $80, no drilling as well.
It's not quite front and center on the site, but it is there:
  • Max weight capacity is set at 50 lbs.
I've put closer to 80lbs on mine before without issue. I bought a $75 product originally, a RoughCountry product that was a total piece of garbage. I gave that away for free and paid for one of these and have been very satisfied. Having a rather large cutting board with me has been a great thing while camping. So is it worth $500? Probably not, its overpriced. I'll gladly overpay a little for something functional compared to all these folks dumping cash into cosmetic BS.

Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right? Need functionality. Gonna be banging stuff around and need a table to hold up to the inevitable beatings. Been looking, but I'm confident I'll do tailgate support first.

Some of the others have sidewalls/sideways milk crate setup, which prevents anything from hanging over, for instance a chainsaw bar. Having a soft top was a mistake as I don't have a good work area with the bar in the way. Gotta keep ducking to work on the saw, or work on it in the mud. Really need a table of sorts....

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That trailgater looks good and I like the wood board. I dont like the attachment method of the cable supports to the back. They simply bent the eye hooks at an angle which will then be compressed again when you close the shelf.. over and over again. Seems like an obvious failure point.

I bought the Mabett version of this. The toggle clasps are chintzy and the bottle opener is worthless, but it's solid as a rock after replacing the clasps. Also, no drill and no noise. Admin of Mabett posts $100 coupon links every so often in the thread on this forum. So $200 all in.

Ford Bronco Installed the Best Bronco Tailgate Table with NO Drilling Required 71tFObic4oL._AC_SL1500_

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weight rsted is 50 lbs. Pretty sure you could put more. But how much weight do you need to put on it? What is your use case?

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That trailgater looks good and I like the wood board. I dont like the attachment method of the cable supports to the back. They simply bent the eye hooks at an angle which will then be compressed again when you close the shelf.. over and over again. Seems like an obvious failure point.

I bought the Mabett version of this. The toggle clasps are chintzy and the bottle opener is worthless, but it's solid as a rock after replacing the clasps. Also, no drill and no noise. Admin of Mabett posts $100 coupon links every so often in the thread on this forum. So $200 all in.

Ford Bronco Installed the Best Bronco Tailgate Table with NO Drilling Required 71tFObic4oL._AC_SL1500_
I think your failure worries are unfounded. Guys have been running these on Jeeps for 5 or 6 years with tons of use and are still bulletproof.

The Mabett is priced right no doubt but the fact that you had to replace the clasp tells me that it wouldn't have met my expectations. Also I didn't want a table with sides so it didn't work for me much like the Rock Slide Engineering didn't. The cool thing is there are lots of options out there for everyone based on needs and budget. Happy you found one you love.

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right? Need functionality. Gonna be banging stuff around and need a table to hold up to the inevitable beatings. Been looking, but I'm confident I'll do tailgate support first.

Some of the others have sidewalls/sideways milk crate setup, which prevents anything from hanging over, for instance a chainsaw bar. Having a soft top was a mistake as I don't have a good work area with the bar in the way. Gotta keep ducking to work on the saw, or work on it in the mud. Really need a table of sorts....
Agree on no sides on the table. I have found tye table really nice czmping and also eorking on the Bronco. The tailgate support is also on my list just waiting to see what IAG finalizes on there's coming out this month.

Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Liked and subscribed to your YouTube from Japan!

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've put closer to 80lbs on mine before without issue. I bought a $75 product originally, a RoughCountry product that was a total piece of garbage. I gave that away for free and paid for one of these and have been very satisfied. Having a rather large cutting board with me has been a great thing while camping. So is it worth $500? Probably not, its overpriced. I'll gladly overpay a little for something functional compared to all these folks dumping cash into cosmetic BS.
Man, I hate my rough country table 😭 as soon as I assembled it- set my drill on it in satisfaction and those eyelet cables pulled out of the eyelets lol

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weight rsted is 50 lbs. Pretty sure you could put more. But how much weight do you need to put on it? What is your use case?
Chainsaws of various lengths and sizes, the biggest being an echo 620p with an extended 27" bar. Easily weighs 20 lbs dry, and the shock load from me tossing it onto the table is concerning. Right now I kink my neck around the damn soft top when I'm working on it. Might be better off rhino lining the hood and working off that lol

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree 100%
Sponsored