First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are yall running these fridges with a dual battery, separate battery, the starter battery with voltage cutoff?

A few other options but I'd rather hear yalls best practices than list them all.
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I happen to be fairly stupid (damn-it!) so I really didn't understand your installation instructions which is fine because I wouldn't install the ARB compressor myself anyway. However, one thing you said caught my attention and that had to do with the fact that you couldn't install the ARB under your Raptor hood because of limited space with the air intake. So, I wonder if you happen to know if we'll have the same problems with non-Raptors (Wildtrak in my case) if we change our OEM intake to an aftermarket brand like Rousch, K&N, etc.?
You may be better off messaging, or asking in threads, the people with those intakes. If you have the install dimensions. There is likely to be a massive difference between the larger raptor motor +larger intake versus the rest of us.

Personally I wouldn't want to install under the hood but I could be wrong. I just don't see the heat being a great idea long term. I would recommend a spare tire or cargo area mount. There are lots of options and input on the forum depending on your needs/ desired looks.

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I happen to be fairly stupid (damn-it!) so I really didn't understand your installation instructions which is fine because I wouldn't install the ARB compressor myself anyway. However, one thing you said caught my attention and that had to do with the fact that you couldn't install the ARB under your Raptor hood because of limited space with the air intake. So, I wonder if you happen to know if we'll have the same problems with non-Raptors (Wildtrak in my case) if we change our OEM intake to an aftermarket brand like Rousch, K&N, etc.?
nope do not have another bronco, good to know as I am local jeep mod volunteer lol 40 years aviation mechanic

the install is very simple for compressor only
One positive wire to switch for control, I used the bronco switch’s
Two wire to positive battery which has fuses from Arb
2 wires to ground, I went battery had to extend the wires to battery both postive and negative, postive is 10 gage negative is 8 gage
From rear compartment simple way run wires under plastic trim where ford runs then, mine is blue harness in picture
The arb compressor has mount with 8 bolts holes so if you can insert bolt thru molle panel or even the floor no other mount required

you could do it with minimum tools

I got tired waiting as spring Moab run will be here to soon

thanks

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are yall running these fridges with a dual battery, separate battery, the starter battery with voltage cutoff?

A few other options but I'd rather hear yalls best practices than list them all.
no need with dometic it has 3 voltage settings to not run your battery down, never issue 5 years with my jeep lot time at night we are at campground so plug in the cooler to ac as it’s both ac dc fridge

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had wondered about the lid opening and the toughy top.

So fitment with the 50 means slide only I assume. How much height was left before the lid of the toughy with the 50? Enough to add a slide?
the 50 is almost 2 inches higher than 35, it will not slide out even without a tray, the tray is tall I sold mine for jeep but from memory it was like 2 inches

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no need with dometic it has 3 voltage settings to not run your battery down, never issue 5 years with my jeep lot time at night we are at campground so plug in the cooler to ac as it’s both ac dc fridge
I don't understand. Regardless of the voltage it'll eventually run down the battery. Or do you mean the lower settings let it run all night without draining the starter battery?

I'm thinking of using a fridge away from any A/C plugs and solely from the vehicle, or from a separate battery, with a 12/120v step up.

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't understand. Regardless of the voltage it'll eventually run down the battery. Or do you mean the lower settings let it run all night without draining the starter battery?

I'm thinking of using a fridge away from any A/C plugs and solely from the vehicle, or from a separate battery, with a 12/120v step up.
it shuts off fridge when battery voltage hits the selected value

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it shuts off fridge when battery voltage hits the selected value
The fridge shuts off based on the input voltage!!?? Holy shit !! That's awesome

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
nope do not have another bronco, good to know as I am local jeep mod volunteer lol 40 years aviation mechanic

the install is very simple for compressor only
One positive wire to switch for control, I used the bronco switch’s
Two wire to positive battery which has fuses from Arb
2 wires to ground, I went battery had to extend the wires to battery both postive and negative, postive is 10 gage negative is 8 gage
From rear compartment simple way run wires under plastic trim where ford runs then, mine is blue harness in picture
The arb compressor has mount with 8 bolts holes so if you can insert bolt thru molle panel or even the floor no other mount required

you could do it with minimum tools

I got tired waiting as spring Moab run will be here to soon

thanks
You might have missed the part where I said I'm fairly stupid ..... I really am. Even stupid people call me names. :)

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does it easily fold down to allow transport of large items like say, skis or snowboards?

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Jace 21583

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's two or three under hood options to mount an ARB twin compressor, doesn't matter if you change the intake or not. 👍🏻👍🏻

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's two or three under hood options to mount an ARB twin compressor, doesn't matter if you change the intake or not. 👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks! Is there a favorite under hood option you would recommend?

Jace 21583

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! Is there a favorite under hood option you would recommend?
I mounted mine in the trunk on my Ford molle enclosure so I can't help ya there, sorry
Sponsored