First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had some Ford points to burn and with the Raptor having Zero space for Arb dual compressor under hood due to air intake, thought I give this a try, pretty easy install and straight forward.

Wiring for compressor run up the drivers side under kickpanel, you would have to extend the 10 gage power wires and 8 gage ground wires. Only have to power the violet wire on the small Arb harness with one of the factory switch wires if you have that option, drop the 2 fused link to power and 2 ground wires good to go. Add 6 foot pigtail for air hose that tucked behind the molle panel so air fitting is assessable very easy.

Seen some comments about the table being held on by only 4 screws to tailgate, thats is not true it has upper and lower angle that engage in the tailgae skin to support the table and the load rating is for cables when folded down, i always ran molle bags on my JKU tailgage easiy to get to my air hose and tire deflators etc.

You can remove the deck lid and only run the 3 sides if you needed quickly, no holes required to install the Tuffy, did put 4 mounting holes in rear wall to mount the compressor. The lid on the rear enclosure does hit the Raptor rear rollbar added support but can still get to my dometic cooler.

Happy Wheeling to all, and be glad to get to Moab soon
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor drivers rear molle
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor rear and passenger side molle
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor molle lid
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor arb wiring under door sill
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor arb compressor and cooler
Ford Bronco Installed Ford (Tuffy) Rear Compartment Molle Kit with lid, Tailgate Table & ARB Dual Compressor in my Bronco Raptor molle bags
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It all looks great!

Jfdeno

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco, '20 explorer st, '20 Ranger, 2 FEs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does look great. I'm dealing with the same issue. Want an onboard compressor, but no under the hood mounting kit available.
Probably going to wait it out until someone fabricates a solution. AGS offroad is working on mount behind the spare. Hope that is available soon.
Any other ideas is appreciated.

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does look great. I'm dealing with the same issue. Want an onboard compressor, but no under the hood mounting kit available.
Probably going to wait it out until someone fabricates a solution. AGS offroad is working on mount behind the spare. Hope that is available soon.
I fab lot stuff and under hood just not going work between air intake and turbos

did not want run that big wiring harness thru tailgate as it’s 2 #10 wires and 1 #8 wire plus control harness makes prettt big bundle, look at blue wire loom in door channel for idea and it’s stiff

maybe someone can come up woth it but I will be heading Moab and Sand hollow couple months so time to move on lol

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad your Tuffy enclosure fits better than my early build did - the side walls were ever so slightly bowed and don't lie truly square. Also seems to be a bit rattle-prone despite torquing everything to spec and following instructions. I wish they made installing/ removing the bolts for the lid easier (maybe they've changed it since mine?) but I do appreciate the security it provides, especially on my soft top.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Tuffy Security enclosure, is it possible to easily drop the front wall so you can put longer items in the back? I am bouncing between the Tuffy and the one made by Diabolical.
The one made by Diabolical looks like it's made much better, but it's also double the cost. Even so, it does have snap pins that can easily be removed and the front wall lays down.
Anyway, I would appreciate any info that can be provided by anyone who has the Tuffy installed.

BareBack

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F 150 XLT Reg. cab FX4 5.0 Coyote
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
very, very slick. I like it!

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the Tuffy Security enclosure, is it possible to easily drop the front wall so you can put longer items in the back? I am bouncing between the Tuffy and the one made by Diabolical.
The one made by Diabolical looks like it's made much better, but it's also double the cost. Even so, it does have snap pins that can easily be removed and the front wall lays down.
Anyway, I would appreciate any info that can be provided by anyone who has the Tuffy installed.
Not really designed to come out you can unbolt it but then the sides are not supported, Jcr makes just sides molle as well

Sponsored

Jeff_Bronco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You pay for what you get. Diabolical can support an adult man standing on the cover. It's expensive but it has options like a trap door and MOLLE panel under the cover.
I like the Tuffy enclosure because it gives you lots of MOLLE panels to arrange your stuff and it doesn't take out much space.

Jeff_Bronco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Check out Thor Lighting Air Systems. You'll wonder why you ever looked at the ARB twin compressor in the first place.

OP
OP
Huntingbigun

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Glad your Tuffy enclosure fits better than my early build did - the side walls were ever so slightly bowed and don't lie truly square. Also seems to be a bit rattle-prone despite torquing everything to spec and following instructions. I wish they made installing/ removing the bolts for the lid easier (maybe they've changed it since mine?) but I do appreciate the security it provides, especially on my soft top.
give Tuffy a call, mine is square and no rattles, I used their stuff in jeep for years they will stand by their product
Top bolts are little pain but no plans on taking it out,

enjoy

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

give Tuffy a call, mine is square and no rattles, I used their stuff in jeep for years they will stand by their product
Top bolts are little pain but no plans on taking it out,

enjoy
Yeah, tried that when I first got it a year ago.

Let's just say we have different conclusions about how willing they are to stand by their work.

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I fab lot stuff and under hood just not going work between air intake and turbos

did not want run that big wiring harness thru tailgate as it’s 2 #10 wires and 1 #8 wire plus control harness makes prettt big bundle, look at blue wire loom in door channel for idea and it’s stiff

maybe someone can come up woth it but I will be heading Moab and Sand hollow couple months so time to move on lol
I’m going with the portable twin ARB. If someone comes I with a better idea later I’ll do it then.
Sponsored