First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found a home for the 1 gallon air tank, was hoping for a vertical mount for draining water from the tank, there's a nice protected spot in front of the gas tank for a horizonal installation. See post two in this thread. Haven't found a good space for a second tank. There's room where @Theherofails installed his compressor, but I'm not going to drill holes in the floor pan. Plus to even get the tank in there one would have to jack the body up to unload the rear axle to slide it in place. Not going proceed with a second tank for now.
Did you look at the rear frame off to the side opposite the gas tank? Lots of room over there If I remember, also right behind the gas tank also has a bit of frame exposed you can likely drill into for bolts. You should have plenty of clearance from the bits moving around, like the rear diff. Its quite roomy under there.

The exhaust runs opposite of the gas tank, but Ive seen the spacing vary quite a bit on Bronco examples I've looked under. Some have the exhaust practically touching the frame so it may rule it out. Im not convinced that exhaust hanger is welded in the same place for all trims.
Love the mount idea. Props, my man!
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
$129.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...ltHzDZ28FahnkhQ_TLguFZ8PqOq3_SvBoCUxYQAvD_BwE

Fills your tires, your friends tires, air rafts, air matresses, hell even footballs or soccer balls. 12/20/120 volt. Runs off its own battery, your car battery or plug in. Set the pressure via digital control, it stops when it hits that pressure. Set it and forget it. Best tool I ever bought. Weigh 5 pounds and totally portable. Just saying....

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment det-dcc020ib_xl

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice job. That engine compartment is as ugly a any Jimmy Carter Malaise Era car. I am waiting for a clean-up there and allowing BesTop from factory without buying any of Fords useless tops - and a two month order turnaround - it will happen.

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you look at the rear frame off to the side opposite the gas tank? Lots of room over there If I remember, also right behind the gas tank also has a bit of frame exposed you can likely drill into for bolts. You should have plenty of clearance from the bits moving around, like the rear diff. Its quite roomy under there.

The exhaust runs opposite of the gas tank, but Ive seen the spacing vary quite a bit on Bronco examples I've looked under. Some have the exhaust practically touching the frame so it may rule it out. Im not convinced that exhaust hanger is welded in the same place for all trims.
Love the mount idea. Props, my man!
Yeah, looked at those areas, in front of the gas tank was the most protected area, if I decided to proceed with the second tank it will have to go up into the area where you mounted your compressor. Believe I can build a mount to hang a tank in that area since the tank doesn't have weight the compressor does. As to drilling holes in the frame that is something that I'll never do, have seen cracks start from holes drills into the frames, where I mounted the one tank used an existing hole.

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. My Bronco isn't a daily driver.. it's a toy, really. I work at home, as much as you can call it work. I'm lucky in that regard. I'm building a slide out tailgate and mount for an overland fridge and at some point my air compressor controls will be moved up into the cargo area near my power control station and second battery. I haven't had my back seats up since I got this thing and will potentially remove them.

With all that said, redundancy is paramount in overlanding and off roading in general. You'll do great with just a tank. They do take up a lot of room but that's more an issue for over Landing.

For the guys worried about 4 holes in the floor, you're gonna LOVE what I have coming up. 🤣
It will be interesting to see what you build for a slide out tailgate. I'm planning to do a slide out drawer with a slide out shelf over the drawer with a fridge mount, hoping to build something that will still allow access to the under floor storage. But that project is for next year.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, looked at those areas, in front of the gas tank was the most protected area, if I decided to proceed with the second tank it will have to go up into the area where you mounted your compressor. Believe I can build a mount to hang a tank in that area since the tank doesn't have weight the compressor does. As to drilling holes in the frame that is something that I'll never do, have seen cracks start from holes drills into the frames, where I mounted the one tank used an existing hole.
Oh judging by the
It will be interesting to see what you build for a slide out tailgate. I'm planning to do a slide out drawer with a slide out shelf over the drawer with a fridge mount, hoping to build something that will still allow access to the under floor storage. But that project is for next year.
Its gonna be tight, but I want aux power on the left and secondary fridge on right with storage in the middle. Im waiting on an overland trailer to be built to know for sure how i do the cargo area.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Professional sports. Baseball, basketball, football...

But not hockey. Hockey rules and is the best.

Additional note... I like the Bronco Sport for what it is. I don't understand the shit-talk. Reminds me of my 2010 Escape, but more capable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree. It’s a great car all around and can fit 2 mountain bikes in the back!

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed. Hockey for the win. Going to the Stars game tomorrow!

Judging from your user name you’re more of a Bruins fan, but at least we can agree that hockey is king of sports!
Worse. Blue Jackets fan. Hate the goddamn Bruins. Marchand can eat my ass.

From Ohio and never stepped foot in Boston, ironically. Just my name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Worse. Blue Jackets fan. Hate the goddamn Bruins. Marchand can eat my ass.

From Ohio and never stepped foot in Boston, ironically. Just my name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Whew, almost had me triggered seeing “blue” and thinking St. Louis. 😂

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update # 2. Have mounted the 1 gallon air storage tank that will be connected to the compressor for air storage and also mounted the air line quick disconnect on the trailer hitch where it is protected and easy to access. Still need to order airline and fittings to complete installation Plan to installed the electrical tomorrow. Most likely next weekend for the air line installation. Pictures follow for air tank and quick disconnect.

Space for 1 gallon ARB air storage tank in front of the gas tank

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment det-dcc020ib_xl

Bracket built for tank installation

Tank with bracket installed

Tank installed

Clearance between air and gas tank

Clearance above tank

Trailer hitch before quick disconnect installation

Air line disconnect and bracket that was fabricated

Air line quick disconnect mounted on trailer hitch, will be making a dust cover for quick disconnect.

Update #1. Removed the bracket so I can de-burred the cut edges, then cleaned up and paint. Also insured the air filter access wasn't impeded. Here's some additional pic of the bracket

Mount in Vehicle without compressor install

Mount out of bronco

Mounting bracket attachment points to Bronco
This gets the Rednek seal of approval,my motto others scraps = my next project

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$129.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...ltHzDZ28FahnkhQ_TLguFZ8PqOq3_SvBoCUxYQAvD_BwE

Fills your tires, your friends tires, air rafts, air matresses, hell even footballs or soccer balls. 12/20/120 volt. Runs off its own battery, your car battery or plug in. Set the pressure via digital control, it stops when it hits that pressure. Set it and forget it. Best tool I ever bought. Weigh 5 pounds and totally portable. Just saying....

This is my kind of solution. I do like the spare air tank though "just in case".

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$129.

Does this struggle with SAS tires?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does this struggle with SAS tires?
They are just tires. It goes to 120 PSI I dont see why it works for me on everything I ask it to.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll just wait until Powertank comes out with their Bronco rollbar mount, no loss of floor space, drilling or wiring and can leave the tank at home when not needed and can also move it from vehicle to vehicle. Used about every hard mounted air compressor available over the years and the Powertank handles 90% of what I’ve needed from filling up tires, running air tools, air mattresses, only downside is risk of it running empty so I always refill when it gets to <30%.

Not a good idea people. Just 1 lb of CO2 leaked into the vehicle can make you pass out or die from asphyxiation. There is no warning either as CO2 does not have an odor. These cylinders are meant to be mounted in open air vehicles only, or outside of the cab.

Now, mounting a compressed air tank on the roll bars would be just fine.
Sponsored