First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Phew! I did it. I added Homelink garage door opener to my visor. (Plus, a couple stickers to cover the big Ford warning stickers on the visor.) I bought an old visor on eBay for $25 and took the Homelink remote out and transplanted it. Not for the faint of heart!

Added more info:
Nice job! Any description of doing this and possibly photos too? I wanted this option, but wasn't willing to pay for the Lux package to get it and I don't want to spend $300 ish on the visor from Ford when there are other options like this and myQ. TIA.
Hi, Ryan,
I took a few pictures as I went along but I was figuring it out at the same time. If I did it a second time, it would be much easier. I bought a 2010 Ford Focus visor on eBay and opened it and took out the Homelink unit and tested it. The visor of the Bronco comes off by prying the cover plate off and one screw. Undo the modular plug and it's free and clear. The illuminated mirror unit pops out. There are clips on the longside of each corner and two more in the middle of the long sides. Use a plastic trim tool to get in a pop them up. Now you can access the inside of the visor. It's two layers of white styrofoam. I thought if I took the top layer out it would work, but you have to remove both layers. So using various tools, especially needle nose pliers, I pulled out the styrofoam to give enough room to slide the Homelink it. Then you have to cut the vinyl so you can put the silicon buttons and snap cover on the outside. (I made a slight overcut, but it's barely visible.) Be sure to wire to the hot lead to the mirror. I put a thin layer of foam over the back of the Homelink and closed it all up. It's not an easy job, but it can be done and it beats paying over $300 for an OEM visor with Homelink. If you have any questions let me know.

Ford Bronco Added Homelink to my visor IMG_4107
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks great!

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phew! I did it. I added Homelink garage door opener to my visor. (Plus, a couple stickers to cover the big Ford warning stickers on the visor.) I bought an old visor on eBay for $25 and took the Homelink remote out and transplanted it. Not for the faint of heart!
Nice job! Any description of doing this and possibly photos too? I wanted this option, but wasn't willing to pay for the Lux package to get it and I don't want to spend $300 ish on the visor from Ford when there are other options like this and myQ. TIA.

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, Ryan,
I took a few pictures as I went along but I was figuring it out at the same time. If I did it a second time, it would be much easier. I bought a 2010 Ford Focus visor on eBay and opened it and took out the Homelink unit and tested it. The visor of the Bronco comes off by prying the cover plate off and one screw. Undo the modular plug and it's free and clear. The illuminated mirror unit pops out. There are clips on the longside of each corner and two more in the middle of the long sides. Use a plastic trim tool to get in a pop them up. Now you can access the inside of the visor. It's two layers of white styrofoam. I thought if I took the top layer out it would work, but you have to remove both layers. So using various tools, especially needle nose pliers, I pulled out the styrofoam to give enough room to slide the Homelink it. Then you have to cut the vinyl so you can put the silicon buttons and snap cover on the outside. (I made a slight overcut, but it's barely visible.) Be sure to wire to the hot lead to the mirror. I put a thin layer of foam over the back of the Homelink and closed it all up. It's not an easy job, but it can be done and it beats paying over $300 for an OEM visor with Homelink. If you have any questions let me know.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, Ryan,
Scott,
Thanks for the detailed explanation as that's very helpful. It looks like your finished product came out great and saved you $300+, so well done! If I decide to try and tackle this mod, once I have my Bronco, I will probably reach out to you if I run into any issues. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge as that's really what makes this community so great! Enjoy!
Ryan

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. Where did power come from?

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great. Where did power come from?
Sounds like OP has a model with vanity mirror light.
The illuminated mirror unit pops out. […]Be sure to wire to the hot lead to the mirror.
I’m curious if ford ran wires for the base model without light in the mirror. Doubt it 😔

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still trying to figure out why this isn't a standard feature. And why lux level?

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Meanwhile, I have HomeLink and cannot get it to connect to my garage door... :cry:

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like OP has a model with vanity mirror light.

I’m curious if ford ran wires for the base model without light in the mirror. Doubt it 😔
Nope, they did not.
:cautious:

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is always the rear view mirror option. But having an oem auto dim mirror , i didn't want to take out the mirror.

xcracer47

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 KR SRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, I agree that this should be standard at least on high and above. We ordered the High package cause wife wanted 360 camera. Thought it would have Home link too. But sadly no.

VNVET

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks great! Meanwhile, I have HomeLink and cannot get it to connect to my garage door... :cry:
i have the same problem. I had to replace one of my (old liftmaster ) garage door openers with a new ( liftmaster )and I cannot connect to it.
I also cannot connect to my front gate. Has something to do with ford sync. Only solution was to use remotes that come with opener.
now I have all these remotes clipped to my visor. If you find a solution please share.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My non lux braptor doesnt have homelink its bonkers. last time I just bought a visor off ebay for my mustang worked like a charm. I will just to the same for the braptor
Sponsored