First Name
Ervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just placed my order for my second reservation and didn't think twice about ordering another soft top. I originally wanted a hard top, and do not regret changing to a soft top at all. Had mine since Aug of last year.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coming up on a year. Zero snow or water issues. Been great

Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine has had no issues also. I never thought about a Hard Top. I always wanted the ease of going top less. As always it comes down to what you want and need out of your vehicle. I think you’ll find the vast majority of soft top owners are pretty happy with their choice.

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Boston. I want a hard top, but that's because I want a rear wiper, and I have a baby so I want a slightly quieter, more robust top, and an easier to open/load cargo area.

That said...I've had my soft-top for a year this month and have had zero issues. It's a little annoying to not have a rear wiper during blizzards, but aside from that there's no problem. And I'll admit it has been nice in the summer to be able to just flip the top back in two seconds.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

Ford Bronco Hesitant buying Bronco with soft top image_0

Ford Bronco Hesitant buying Bronco with soft top image_0
What issues? My soft tops been fine, there are issues with the hardtop though.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, all good. I, too, added the iAG struts....you will get a little scratching on the rollbars if you don't get the pff in the right place. Whoopee. Just don't care. Otherwise, what fun....top down nearly every day all summer.....only sadness is having to put it up last month. Oh, and putting the windows back in is stupid hard....but only in once or twice each year.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fit, no issues. Yes the wavy windows look ugly but that is a feature not a bug. I did run most the summer with my top down and just put it back up a few weeks ago. The rear windows did seem a bit tougher to get in place but think it was more operator error than "shrinkage."

Water/snow. I have ran it through a touchless car wash several times and haven't had any water penetration. Driven it in several hard rain storms as well. Yes, there is the video of that guy at the north pole with severe snow penetration but we haven't seen anything like that since.

Wear. I haven't experienced any noticeable wear. Even after keeping it in the stowed position for several months on end. I have scratched up my roll bar a bit but I think the newer models have corrected this issue. If not, just install a piece of vinyl in the contact area and all should be fine.

Overall I am happy with the soft top. If you have a chance to test drive a hardtop to compare I would do so. Yes, the soft top is loud but so is the hard top.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fit,water/snow getting in the rig, wear issues have you experienced any of these?
10 months for me so far and haven't had any of those issues.