First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I know how steep it is was out there 2 years ago in my FJ. I did not do it. Going in May with Bronco so may try it then. Hells Gate is on my Bucket list so want to do that!
Nice to read that you will be in Moab come May. Your Bronco will have no issues in crawling Hell's Gate. The key is wheel placement, steady pace, and knowing that your Bronco can do it. After driving Hell's Revenge and Fins &Things, I am completely confident in taking the Bronco almost any where. It's capabilities blew me away. Make sure you get some video and post it for us all to enjoy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But...But...But everybody said we needed 35" tires to go off-road.🙄
Nicely done Poacher! Thanks for sharing!
Is that not the truth? 33's, and I didn't even air down as I had no compressor installed yet. Tons of fun...

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Butt-pucker for sure.
No question, especially since my Bronco was not even a month old. But that trail really showed me the true capabilities of the truck. So much fun.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd poop myself.
I actually did break off a turtle head in my Bronco on a steep hill that required a full send. Always empty your bowels before wheeling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That almost got exciting there for a moment with your first line.
Good observation felix808 As you drive up to the entrance, the hood blocks your view, so you are driving with your front camera, and though it is a big help, it still is not perfect, hence the correction. Well, that and having my rear passenger tire up in the air three feet lead me to believe that I should try a better line, lol.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually did break off a turtle head in my Bronco on a steep hill that required a full send. Always empty your bowels before wheeling.
That is some very solid advice there KPLOBX...

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nicely done! That tub is about max for me... We stood over Mickey's Hot Tub for a while and watched some of the best built rigs struggle. It's humbling for sure.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the video. We learn from others' accomplishments--and mishaps.
I notice that the vehicle ahead was a Wrangler, and left still-wet tire marks. "If that Wrangler can do it, so can I!" is a helpful philosophy. Like the first time I jumped out of an airplane at Ft. Benning: "Thousands and thousands of other men have done this without mishap. I can, and I will too--Reconnnn!!!"

Sponsored
OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nicely done! That tub is about max for me... We stood over Mickey's Hot Tub for a while and watched some of the best built rigs struggle. It's humbling for sure.
Hey Pressurized, I agree with you. I had a look at Mickey's and quickly decided, 'no thanks, not in a two door.'

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good observation felix808 As you drive up to the entrance, the hood blocks your view, so you are driving with your front camera, and though it is a big help, it still is not perfect, hence the correction. Well, that and having my rear passenger tire up in the air three feet lead me to believe that I should try a better line, lol.
Yep those blind entries can be a little unnerving
Ford Bronco Into the Hell's Gate bath tub in my new Bronco @ Moab Utah user27417_pic60024_1357346359

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the video. We learn from others' accomplishments--and mishaps.
I notice that the vehicle ahead was a Wrangler, and left still-wet tire marks. "If that Wrangler can do it, so can I!" is a helpful philosophy. Like the first time I jumped out of an airplane at Ft. Benning: "Thousands and thousands of other men have done this without mishap. I can, and I will too--Reconnnn!!!"
Hey BS, your welcome and a good observation on the Wrangler. It was a lifted Rubi on 35's (I was on 33's) and he kindly showed me the trail. In doing so though, he tried to make me say 'uncle' by taking me on the toughest lines, but my thought was always, 'if he can do it, I certainly can'. That thought process won his admiration of the Bronco's capabilities. After we finished Hell's Revenge, he took me on a trail called Fins & Things, a more technically demanding trail, and though I used my skid plates more than he did, I still made everything he did. Great fun though. As for jumping out a plane, my thoughts were the same as yours...