First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume it will mirror the ranger. Small amounts going out in Q1 with them being actually available Q2 forward
With the botched explorer production start-up, I'm hoping the will ensure all their ducks are in a row. My wife really likes the new explorer, but after the fiasco they have been having. We are definitely going to wait a year or two. May even wait until the mid cycle refresh.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the botched explorer production start-up, I'm hoping the will ensure all their ducks are in a row. My wife really likes the new explorer, but after the fiasco they have been having. We are definitely going to wait a year or two. May even wait until the mid cycle refresh.
Though the Explorer launch has been less than perfect I wouldn't worry as much for Bronco. Yes the Bronco will be all new but even all new it will be very similar to the current Ranger as far as the factory is concerned. A truck is a truck, and they already had it set up to build Bronco from the get go. The Ranger launch and factory makeover was far more relaxed than the Explorer too. For Explorer you have to juggle the manufacture of one of the best selling SUV's ever with a total changeover of an ancient plant and a completely new rwd platform. It was a lot to bite off, and it shows. The Escape for example was comparably more chill.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Though the Explorer launch has been less than perfect I wouldn't worry as much for Bronco. Yes the Bronco will be all new but even all new it will be very similar to the current Ranger as far as the factory is concerned. A truck is a truck, and they already had it set up to build Bronco from the get go. The Ranger launch and factory makeover was far more relaxed than the Explorer too. For Explorer you have to juggle the manufacture of one of the best selling SUV's ever with a total changeover of an ancient plant and a completely new rwd platform. It was a lot to bite off, and it shows. The Escape for example was comparably more chill.
I agree, but the bronco is all new. It's on the next gen ranger platform. General consensus is that the broncobronco, is going to sell faster than it can be produced. Pretty much every ford fan I know is chomping at the bit for it. That being said. I'm 99% certain, they don't want a repeat, just the bad PR alone is worth the extra steps to get it right. As with any new model, there will be growing pains. Just like you are always told. Don't buy the first model year of a new vehicle. But I anticipate only minor issues. Not like the jeep JL frame welds that are coming to light, far more than the track bar link is having issues. Regardless, I'm getting impatient to say the least. Just want some good teaser shots of the dang thing.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at the Ford Louisville Assembly Plant, we make the Escape and Corsair. I'm just hoping we get the baby Bronco and it doesn't get built in Mexico. I suspect we will know more after the contract negotiations are over.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at the Ford Louisville Assembly Plant, we make the Escape and Corsair. I'm just hoping we get the baby Bronco and it doesn't get built in Mexico. I suspect we will know more after the contract negotiations are over.
When is that expected to be finalized?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are potentially 3 new vehicles coming in on that platform, would one plant produce 5 models if they actually achieve decent volume sales?

Escape and Corsair now.

YTBNRORSU, 'Courier' pickup, and maybe a 'Courier' SUV smaller than the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" that will actually be a "Renegade fighter" all on the same platform as the other two AFAIK.

eta: :question: Maybe we'll get lucky and the union will leak the name of the damn thing :question:

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are potentially 3 new vehicles coming in on that platform, would one plant produce 5 models if they actually achieve decent volume sales?

Escape and Corsair now.

YTBNRORSU, 'Courier' pickup, and maybe a 'Courier' SUV smaller than the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" that will actually be a "Renegade fighter" all on the same platform as the other two AFAIK.

eta: :question: Maybe we'll get lucky and the union will leak the name of the damn thing :question:
From reading posts from those in the know, it will be called Bronco Maverick

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are potentially 3 new vehicles coming in on that platform, would one plant produce 5 models if they actually achieve decent volume sales? Escape and Corsair now.
I'm told the LAP plant is capable of making 5 different vehicles at a time. Realistically, I don't think we can handle more than 3. There are only so many hours a week you can run. You need some down time for maintenance.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From reading posts from those in the know, it will be called Bronco Maverick
We've heard on more than one occasion from someone who claimed to have a reputable source or with insider info that Ford's "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" was for sure going to be called X or Y only to read a few days or weeks later it was for sure going to be something else...

When one of these sources is willing to stake their name on it, or Ford tells us themselves, I might believe it. So far the only thing I know is that the baby has an oval stamped into the sheetmetal of its tailgate, so it will probably carry the Ford name. ;)

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! we just started running the tooling not long ago for the top of the door panels and center console components for the escape/corsair twins.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey! we just started running the tooling not long ago for the top of the door panels and center console components for the escape/corsair twins.
Hopefully in the not too distant future you will be doing the same for the baby Bronco!

mattpa

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
...So far the only thing I know is that the baby has an oval stamped into the sheetmetal of its tailgate, so it will probably carry the Ford name. ;)
Just to play devil's advocate, I'm pretty sure the Mustang hasn't had any Ford or Blue Oval badging since '05, so even if it doesn't have Ford or a Blue Oval stamped somewhere it may still carry the Ford name.
Sponsored